Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

A sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising

You've got great video game opinions but I fear humanity doesn't deserve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Twilight Princess is good

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please do not troll our forums friends, the Let It Die thread is here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800474

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

Phoenix Wright/Monster Hunter are still good

I can't believe they're doing a Phoenix Wright/MonHun crossover

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't know what Randy's supposed to do about it.

He could have chosen not to engage the second random dude, that's a criminally underrated option that is always available on the internet.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Skeleton Family's Christmas Vacation

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to spend Christmas with Big Boss

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Captain, Zeltroid cruiser uncloaking directly in front of us!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wow I didn't think Nintendogs were coming back

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

wizard on a water slide posted:

Pacific Rim didn't do much for me bc it felt like a Hollywood film heavily styled like anime without any of the unusual visuals or themes that make anime interesting, and I'm not even a anime dude

You better start taking your shoes off indoors and calling people by their last name because you're totally an anime dude.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Red Bones posted:

The Fate series is weird. Was there ever a sequel? I feel like there is just the visual novel and a prequel (actual) novel and then a billion reintepretations of the cast in different genres of RPG. If it'd been made in the west it'd probably be on Fate 6: the wizard guy from the first game is a 50-something guy with a beard and a surrogate child figure by now. I don't know if that'd be any better, to be honest.

Fate/hollow ataraxia is the VN sequel. Aside from that it is basically a huge mess of different reimaginings and hey guys this time we used the characters that we designed in the prototype or whatever. It's not as if it hasn't been milked to death, though perhaps in a different way than you might see in western IP. I don't think there'd be nearly as many little Saber figures hanging around, for one.

Trap sprung, I guess.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CJacobs posted:

cross-self-post from the glitch thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yK7jxZZrzk

Ever have one of those days where you just don't feel like doing your job? Ok but what if your job was to launch rockets at things

Idk man, if movies have taught me anything it's that helicopters definitely explode when shot with a 9mm pistol.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

is this some ancient mariner situation where you accidentally had fun once and now you're cursed to share your joylessness with anyone who catches your eye

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks 
Had I from old and young! 
Instead of the cross, the Big Boss
About my neck was hung.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bicyclops posted:

The Wii games carried over, at least, if with a terrible "Switch to Wii mode" option but yeah, I know what you mean. Even more frustrating is when one of their tentpoles just becomes completely unplayable. Like I get that Mario Sunshine wasn't exactly the most popular one in the franchise and that it suffers a bit more from being tied to a time in gaming where annoying scavenger hunts were totally acceptable, but it's bogus that I can't even buy an overpriced version of it to play on the Wii U.

I thought one of the issues with bringing a game like Sunshine over was the lack of analog triggers? I haven't played it but I understand you need that to control the water pressure.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Hey chat thread, why does everyone hate stux so much?

He's good except when he starts losing his mind about Nintendo consoles imo.

Speaking of which,
https://twitter.com/PerfectlyNin/status/811599767822274560

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Trolled to Death: the TotalBiscuit story

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to date Zenyatta

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

I very highly doubt anyone other than a few pocket spergs actually care about tracers sexuality, and her being a lesbian won't actually change anyone's opinion on the character, considering she was shipped constantly with the other female cast members.

To be fair this happens to like every female character in nerd media.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You should have seen the Blizzard forums when people got mad about Tyrael being black, hoo boy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

I suppose it is, though I believe it would have been more impactful if one of the male cast was chosen instead. Though that would have ruffled way, way more feathers.

Please don't spoil my Reinhardt-Ana shipping, Blizzard

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bicyclops posted:

I broke down and purchased Witcher 3 but my download is going to take nine hours :cry:

It's worth the wait

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bicyclops posted:

When I got to the first notice board, I took all of the notices and some of them didn;t show up in my inventory or give me quests - are those just sort of there for world-building? Also, none of the ones that say "urgent" actually are, right, like I can just let them sit in my questbox until I get to them.

If a notice doesn't give you a quest or witcher contract then it might drop a question mark on your map near a bandit camp or something. Besides that it's just flavor, like the one advertising lessons in Nilfgaard's tongue in White Orchard.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zaggitz posted:

Who else is working on this fine Christmas Eve morning? And then again Christmas night?

:negative:

:ohdearsass:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Furnaceface posted:

Isnt it Christmas in Australia already?

It's already July over there!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's Japanuary you guys we settled this like a week ago