Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Saints Row 4 has Steam Workshop support now, sounds like a great excuse to play though How The Saints Save Christmas again during the holiday season :toot:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember this time last year I was super excited about river city ransom underground having been announced for a january release

:\

Maybe next january?

Winter is a very cruel time of year.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

God damnit, Nintendo, you could've had something absolutely incredible there.

The last 20 years in a nutshell.

Quest For Glory II posted:

its not as flagrant as the kind of poo poo direct2drive does tho

The Hitler Did Nothing Wrong sale, featuring Hatred and Postal 2. You'll pay for the whole game but you'll only need the edge :twisted:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Time for another Capcom franchise to die because the fans can't handle a sequel being different.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

tap my mountain posted:

For real, co-op games are the best as long as they aren't too punishing.

I'd love to play Goemon's Great Adventure with a friend, but that game is pretty difficult at times.

The Goemon games loving ruled, in the pre-Pokemon era it was one of the first times I ever encountered anything that was so explicit about how Japanese it was. It took me forever to figure out how to leave the room you start Mystical Ninja in because of those sliding paper doors that look just like the wall.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Klaus Kinski posted:

its very funny to me that people in tyool 2016 still argue that the first few re games are good games.

no, they are one step above visual novel puzzlers, they barely have gameplay.

American releases of Japanese games being unbalanced to make them more difficult and punishing as a way of combating rentals by making it harder to play through them in a weekend is one of history's greatest injustices. I can't imagine how much less tedious the original RE would have been if it still had had auto-aim and more save ribbons and less punishing difficulty like the original JP release did.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Mads Mikkelsen is a beautiful beast, I can't wait to see what Kojima does with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

There are good podcasts about bad books, and good podcasts about bad movies. Any good podcasts about bad video games someone could recommend?

Abject Suffering is fun if you gel with the hosts sense of humor and can tolerate the odd episode that's dominated by :goonsay: about sports/music/identity politics.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Telltale making a Guardians of the Galaxy game is really good news, if Tales from the Borderlands is anything to go by.

boy are my arms tired posted:

what happened in the death stranding trailer

why is there a baby in a portable container

why is that one dude bleeding out of his eyes and also is doc ock's cousin

:iiafetusmetaphor:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hideo Kojima watched eXistenZ while reading MGS slash mpreg fanfiction. The next day at at work he writes "more umbilical cords" on the whiteboard and underlines it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Gearbox announcing that they are re-releasing Bulletstorm for a full $50 seems like a perfect capstone to a year full of terrible and overpriced HD remasters. Even if it does finally make DukeVision a reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtv9fImfNw

Desperate Character posted:

all I can think about seeing that is "keyboard goop" and then my mind throws up

Use it to make biscuits and gravy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Knack outsold Mario in the year it came out, I'm surprised it took this long.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Someone's probably already started writing a think-piece about either "Do we NEED a Part 2 for The Last of Us" or "Hopefully there won't be any combat this time around" haven't they?

Good news: you don't have to read it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Woah, a post from the parallel universe where Sony's next gen library hasn't mostly consisted of huge letdowns and mediocre ports.

Woah, a post from a parallel universe where the Xbox One is published by Sony.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Red Bones posted:

When the last of us 2 preview started with those establishing shots of overgrown poo poo I thought for a moment it was that other post-apocalyptic game in development at the moment where you're a biker.

Don't worry, they have that one coming out too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_MrzzR1Xg

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The TMP is good for conserving ammo by stunning dudes with one leg shot and then kicking/suplexing them, only thanks to the game's dynamic ammo drops conserving ammo just means you get less of it so you may as well go hog wild since it balances out in the end.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I wish he did more scavenger hunts like the one at the beginning of the game with the pendants, that was fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Sinistar laughing. Sonic drowning music. Baby Mario crying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWVHdKre3T0

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/GreyTheTick/status/804575968413134848

:yum:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
To be fair, the last game I played with prominent Cup Noodle product placement was Binary Domain and that game fuckin' rocked.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

so Let It Die is basically a Souls game with 200x the personality and style but also 100x worse combat and fighting. real shame because the game and everything about it is very cool but how the gently caress did they step back and say "yes this combat is perfect, no lock-ons no real counters just roll dodge like a loving moron all day btw your weapons break after 7 seconds"

If the combat was good and inventory stuff wasn't grindy then how could they make that sweet, sweet IAP money?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

haveblue posted:

Why are so many indie games about sad dads now

Or was it always like this and I just never noticed

Because so many AAA games are about sad dads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtIXUy9SXI

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also if you want your game protagonist to have some depth and a socially acceptable reason to be emotional but still absolutely have to have them be a gruff white dude with short brown hair being a parent is a quick and easy solution.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Play up to 6, then play the X series up to 3, then never play another megaman game again because they'll never return to that high water mark :smith:

9 and 10 are pretty good at least, and 7 and Rockman and Bass are okay.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mak0rz posted:

Mega Man 9 has a weapon that shoots bees everywhere.

This makes 9 one of the best in the series hth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-5Mg_12zo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

the ravid rabbids appear

Instead of fungus is that's contagious face tumor that tazmanian devils get, bringing them full circle to their roots with Australian marsupials.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Crashed of Us

It's legitimately one of the saddest/creepiest things I've ever heard of in nature. Especially when it means dying due to starvation or suffocation from choking on your own tumors. :smith:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Really? Cuz the reviews seem pretty positive. Granted almost all of them say "If you're a fan of the first Dead Rising you won't like this one but if you liked how 3 did things then come on in." so there's that caveat.

I'm happy that after Devil may Cry Capcom is still resurrecting dead franchises to make fun games that utterly infuriate fans of the original because they're The Wrong Kind Of Fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

non-sequitur:

I am assuming that if Mads Mikkelsen's scene from the last Death Stranding teaser is in the game, his helmet isn't actually going to disintegrate like that. I think it was done for dramatic effect and to reveal the likeness of Mads Mikkelsen.

But it would be fine and cool if it's just part of his tactical necromancer powers.

That same effect was in Phantom Pain when the Skulls materialize guns out of the air when you first meet them. I think he just really likes it because it looks cool.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Chomp8645 posted:

Gaming in the 90's: "What is this 'THAC0' the game speaks of? Such a strange term!"

*consults manual, finds detailed information on description of THAC0 and it's calculation*

Gaming in the 2010's: "How this whole 'poise' thing work? I'm really not getting it!"

*consults youtube, finds eight minute FROM SOFTWARE LIED video in which narrator's voice never drops below 100 decibels*

If you're using YouTube instead of any of the countless detailed and lovingly-curated wikis that exist for any major game then you're not really in a position to be looking down on other people.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I can't imagine Hayter doing the speech at the end of Mission 43 and it being anything but laughable.He was great back in the day but MGSV was so different from the rest of the series I don't think he would have been a good fit. Christopher Randolph only worked because he was acting completely against type so even his terrible fake crying worked in context.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

It's widely speculated that the reason both MGS5s have so little Snake dialogue (something everyone complained about) is because Sutherland's rates were much higher than the other VAs.

I have a hard time buying this considering that a chatty Venom Snake goes completely against the story, direction, and tone of MGSV as a whole.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEMaM7INNI

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Indie Game: The Movie has achievements on Steam.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Blow was the worst because he didn't like that people "enjoyed" Braid. They "didn't get it"

also I finished Earthlock, aka I got to the final boss and couldn't defeat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

the format of agdq is very awkward to me

I used to think that live speedrunning was way better than tool-assisted because of the crazy amount of skill it took, but but now that speedrunners are all trying to put themselves in the spotlight and become personalities and entertainers I love TAS way more because a clever and concise video showing something crazy and explaining how they did it is so much better than hours of a bunch of dudes on a couch trying to make jokes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

corn in the bible posted:

also he canceled fez 2 because people laughed at him

That and the people who actually made most of Fez quit before release because of how insufferable he was. That's why the game was delayed for years and why he needed that big important legal agreement signed in Indie Game: The Movie before he could actually release it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Propeller Rats have single-handedly convinced me that I need to finally get around to playing Shovel Knight.

• Locked thread