Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

wait what 3 bucks to download a jpeg that is on the site and right there how is this a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

CJacobs posted:

MGS4 had like four endings in a row.

all of them an hour and a half long.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like playing a platformer of some description

Shall I try to play Risky's Revenge again, skip straight to Pirate's Curse or wait for this new one to come out for general use

or is there some other better game i missed

well speaking of zeltroids have you played Rabi-Ribi cause it's an awesome platformer slash zeltroid. is very plot heavy though.

I'm not a big shantae fan though . Like I can't point to anything and be like 'this is what I don't like" and I can point to a bit and be like 'I like this' but the games just won't click for me.

I just want a new klonoa.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

the only time to refuse a drink is if its something like tequila or something that's just gonna make everything a mess.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Stardew Valley is extremely good. But please, for the sake of anyone playing, install a mod to show where people are on the map.

This and the F1 key consults the wiki mod. Maybe try experimenting with poo poo at first so you get the virgin experience but have that sitting close by ready to install because trying to figure out what's worth keeping and saving and what to give to people or not can get old fast.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

I think she played the Wii one with her laptop at the ready to consult the wiki, which is definitely something I have done with games. Sometimes you need a navigator.

The mod is cool cause you mouse over a person or item and press F1 and it brings up like all the wiki information but formatted into an in-game window so you never have to alt-tab or anything. It's such a quality of life item I can't imagine playing the game without it anymore.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

people saying new doom and wolf TNO suck are blowing my mind, especially when they recommend painkiller whose weapons felt like total rear end

that era of shooters that had painkiller and serious sam was like, people thought they could fix shooter design and conceptually they may have been on the right track but they forgot to put the fun in

e: to elaborate, OG serious sam's concept of sending swarms of enemies at you should be intense but when the weapons feel like poo poo and every level is just one giant courtyard after another, it just becomes dull instead. painkiller's design is a little better but if you wanna talk about linear, that game is just like.. "enemies over here!! oh no enemies over there!! now go down this very narrow hallway--ENEMIES!!"

did you play the original second encounter? That game had those awesome physics rooms so you're jumping up and down all over the place and then those bone demons come in and they're bouncing all over the place and you may have a co op partner who is also bouncing everywhere and they were a blast.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Japanuary's lineup is finalised.
For Jan2017 these are the games I will be playing:

On Steam:
Cave Story+.
FF VII.
Killer is Dead.
King of Fighters XIII Steam edition.
Valkyria Chronicles.
Ys 1. (I also have the other Ys games installed in case I really enjoy this one.)

On Vita:
Persona 4 Golden.

ys 1 and like ys 8 are very different beasts. it's not really fair to judge the series on the first one cause it's super basic

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Oh god I have FIVE people who need to get back to me about whether I have a new job or not and the SECOND one of them makes an offer I am buying Witcher 3

oh man good luck. I've been unemployed since august and just today had an interview and hired. Was gonna buy myself Rimworld until I realized I have like 40 bucks left. I hope I get a paycheck from them while the steam sale is still on.

but seriously best of luck. I know I almost wanted to cry after being told I had a job. It's weird, while I'm unemplyed is the best time to play games since I have the time but I just can't seem to enjoy anything so looking forward to working hard then playing hard.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Just the one, and it's hilariously awful

doesn't matter who you went with at the end of 2, they die almost immediately

I thought they released 2 episodes at launch for this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

wait what the room was real?

• Locked thread