Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what I remember reading was a rumor that theres gonna be a Switch version of Mario Maker and that's why the 3DS version has to be inferior

theres also the possibility that Nintendo is not going to bother with 3DS online servers for too long a time after Switch comes out, so why have them in a final-year game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

farming simulator: FOR WOMEN ONLY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I feel rather guilty that without prompting I can never tell whether this sort of thing is sexist or just stupid
its definitely both. stux is right

its not as flagrant as the kind of poo poo direct2drive does tho

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked the video game awards when snoop lion was lifted in on a throne

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

its no bangers and mash
thats for sure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a thread for The Game Awards so I can join in laughing at it with other goons
just made one http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800154

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when in doubt, corporations are always the greediest

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corporations get to where they are through unethical business decisions and exploitation. milk them for everything they're worth

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's telling that what the VAs asked for was not only reasonable but probably leaving money on the table, in how artists/performers undervalue themselves with their self-esteem issues

and that companies then claim that their demands are unreasonable

but watching the NCAA fight paying their athletes has made me really QUite Mad at big business. biased one might say

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm the inappropriately piped in fake crowd cheering at 2:35 appropo of nothing about the performance in particular

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zrBgzuNjs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is the one new announcement at PSX that looked cool 2 me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6Vj4lAOF4

but I love twin-stick

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

so Let It Die is basically a Souls game with 200x the personality and style but also 100x worse combat and fighting. real shame because the game and everything about it is very cool but how the gently caress did they step back and say "yes this combat is perfect, no lock-ons no real counters just roll dodge like a loving moron all day btw your weapons break after 7 seconds"
i cant imagine a game having worse combat than dark souls

*brandishes Ys tattoo and backflips out of plane without parachute*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

Also I hope TLOU Part 2 is as much of a ridiculous shift as Jak 2 was
the ravid rabbids appear

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Instead of fungus is that's contagious face tumor that tazmanian devils get, bringing them full circle to their roots with Australian marsupials.

The Crashed of Us

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lets hang out posted:

Can someone nail down exactly what makes games feel new that TLG is missing
Radio towers that reveal the open world map

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

If you're using YouTube instead of any of the countless detailed and lovingly-curated wikis that exist for any major game then you're not really in a position to be looking down on other people.
Lovingly Curated

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

"metroidvania but in 3d and not bad"
you're describing Zelda not dark souls

if your next post is to trash Zelda i will tell shigeru miyamoto personally of your transgression

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

"but not bad"

"but not bad"
I have informed Shigeru, and you are off of the Christmas card list.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finally, the original Knack also received some flak for its storytelling — Knack’s dialogue in particular. For Knack 2, Sony Japan Studio has brought Marianne Krawczyk, the BAFTA award-winning writer of the God of War series, onboard to write the script.

grimdark knack

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fez is really cool regardless of the creator and I'm sad there is no Fez 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nasgate posted:

There's a documentary i think called 1up that follows him, the super meat boy guys, and some pretentious french canadian dev. The fez dev was hilariously childish. I recommend watching it.
Blow was the worst because he didn't like that people "enjoyed" Braid. They "didn't get it"

also I finished Earthlock, aka I got to the final boss and couldn't defeat it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I seriously doubt anyone is ever banned from GDQ, their run is just not accepted over other better ones and they then go to whine about it online. I dont even think the jon benet ramsey shirt wearing dude got banned

The speedrunning community is cool but all of the drama is the most childish made up trash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That guy will probably eventually be allowed to come back just to attend but probably not to run. I doubt he would want to anyway, after the fallout

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

That's what I said. He was banned from running for the next year, not attending.
Now is that GDQ saying that, or is that Bonesaw seeing that his run did not get in and making a bad assumption

Bonesaw's run was funny last year but I don't think they can either top it or repeat it. the novelty of that disasterpiece would quickly turn on its heel. maybe in a year he can bring his A game and still be funny

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll believe him on this one since he's fine with the decision. It's the runners who try to rally people on twitter like bigjon or whatever that make me roll my eyes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i fuckin love the art of new ducktales (and donald's old school outfit)

hope wayforward gets to make a game for it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Having played battleborn when it was in beta, its really bizarre and I dont know who they ultimately were targeting. Yeah the PvP stuff was MOBA, but the co-op stuff was like... lovely borderlands? Like the co-op campaign is a regular co-op FPS with bosses and poo poo, but everything feels barren and lifeless. And it had drops of colored rarities but not in the way it made sense in Borderlands.

also the humor was like obnoxious cranked up to 11 which is amazing from the developer that already gave us Tiny Tina the most obnoxious character in all of gaming, but somehow they topped that

also I still don't know what hobby-grade means

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17tXBePgfo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wR6cHwoZtM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Iron Brigade is pretty dang good. another good game from doublefine, the dev people say sucks but theyre wrong

just keep tim away from handling the money

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you have to climb a thing to reveal the map, the game is probably bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

She was objectified mostly in marketing and design but was a badass in the games themselves

But the modern Lara is fine too and Lurdiak is posting like a Metacritic community reviewer would. you don't have to play a game to criticize it but you can't also make assumptions about what you haven't seen and then double down when presented with the opposite

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

I've gotten burned by the term applied to many boring indie games over the years of wanting more Metroid games
Environmental Station Alpha is the one true indie Metroid. well that or AM2R

they should've called them Zeltroids because zelda series has a larger % of games with ability/tool gating than castlevania series does

also zeltroid sounds like a tasty mint

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zeltroid is the muscle you use when you wall jump in super metroid

e:

they keep thinking bigger = better

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 10, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

What game is this?
This game, its sweet

http://store.steampowered.com/app/491040/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

I was just about to ask you if that was any good, since this popped up on my Steam queue a few weeks ago.
I needed to replace a game in the top 50 2016 indie list (I forgot Monsters & Monocles was an early access game) so I bought Bot Vice tonight and played it and really liked it, i'm ranking it #15

it's balls to the wall Wild Guns style gameplay, and very twitch skill demanding, lots of dodge rolling, using cover sparingly, and using your weapon pickups at just the right time to clear out the board

it's 25 stages and each stage ends with a boss. having beaten it (took just under 2 hours on I'm assuming Normal difficulty?), it unlocks 25 extra levels that remix everything

• Locked thread