Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The opposite of this is Wes Anderson. His movies are weird, his characters are often stilted and offputting, and his sets are more like dioramas for how static and "filmy" they are, but the movies are full of heart and make you feel joy at the very real connections that build over the course of his movies. To me, this makes for a much better experience - it turns out the human connection and "realness" is a lot more important to me than any of the (enjoyably!) inane stuff that christopher nolan manages to shove onto the screen.

Use this thread to discuss this phenomenon, and most importantly, recommend me movies that have characters who act like real humans with real human concerns towards one another.

I've always thought Taika Waititi's movies were good at capturing that Wes Anderson feeling of strange and off-putting while simultaneously having real heart. Hunt for the Wilder People was a really good movie that benefited from having a cranky Sam Neill in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread