Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The first JJTrek movie is probably the best Star Trek movie besides Wrath of Khan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Skoll posted:

I won't lie, 2009 Trek was a good movie.. then Into Darkness came out.

Yeah, Into Darkness is insanely boring. I don't think it makes 2009 worse, though

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I saw Interstellar in 70mm IMAX and I think that really colored my opinion of the movie. When the emotional scenes are swelling with music that is literally shaking my rib cage, I feel it. Every single space scene was beyond gorgeous.

It's definitely cliched, and definitely is a little too long, but it hit a lot of the right notes for me.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

ijii posted:

Makes me wonder if he did it to somewhat emulate his grand daddy Vader, which would also be dumb as hell

How can you possibly not realize this is the literal entire point of his character? Be honest, you were on your phone throughout the entire movie, weren't you?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Well What Now posted:

I really like the idea of Kylo Ren, because the main villain being an angsty little poo poo with daddy issues playacting as his famous villain grandfather could make a pretty interesting character study in the right hands.

I'm just not sure the people making these films can actually do the idea justice.

Rian Johnson is a much better director than JJ, so I have hope for the next one.

The third one is going to be poo poo, though.

• Locked thread