Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Palpek posted:

even if it's a gimmick movie i thought memento had plenty of soul so no, i don't agree with the op at least when it comes to nolan

Maybe I don't know what soul is, but I don't know if memento has it in spades.

I watched that movie for the first time ever last week and I enjoyed it but primarily because the antagonist (or is he?!?!) was played by Joe Pantoliano. And the reveal at the end (or is it the beginning?!?!?!) that SPOILERS Teddy was stringing the main character along because it benefited both of them (financial gain and emotional satisfaction) was pretty great. Pantoliano really sold that bit for me. But that was also the only part of that movie that made me really reflect on the human condition.

The hotel clerk guy was fantastic and I would've loved to see him have more than bit parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Trebek posted:

Add Spielberg to this list of directors that are just really good chemists and mix all the right ingredients to create a successful if utterly forgettable blockbuster

I have no idea what happens in ET anymore and I seriously doubt that it is more entertaining to watch than Mac and Me.

The only Spielberg movie I actively like and watched more than once is Jaws. That movie was cool to 12-year-old me and is way better now that I'm an adult. And Jurassic Park was pretty good.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I didn't see any Indiana Jones until the 4th movie one came out. I have since watched the first and it was fun but I don't have any nostalgia for it. I liked that Indy was an rear end in a top hat in it thou.

And those other movies were enjoyable and good (Schindler's List being probably a legit classic).

I guess what I'm really saying is that I do not like ET.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Kylo Ren captures the zeitgeist in an incredible way. I can point back 30 years from now at that villain and go 'there was a lot of young men who were emotional pieces of poo poo that idolized literal fascists just like this literal bastard Klyo Ren'.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
And they all posted on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

super sweet best pal posted:

Kylo is good at being the kind of villain he is but it's hard to take him seriously as a threat. Same for the not-Empire.

I feel the same way about men's rights activists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread