Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I don't think JJ Abrams is capable of making a movie with a good villain.

And I'm pretty fed up with Nolan's Tom Clancyesque messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

CelticPredator posted:

Kylo Ren is probably one of the best villains out there.

You usually have good opinions so I want to think you're being cheeky here.

He's not terrible but he's not good yet. I'm hoping he gets more and better explored in the future movies because right now we have no idea what his home life was like or anything like that. The fact that I actually want to know what he's really about does make him better than most villains JJ has introduced to us. He definitely has potential and I have high expectations for him.

But just so we're clear my current impression of him is that he's a spoiled prince who got everything he wanted but still rebelled, as rebellious teens do, in big and evil ways. (No idea what his reasons are beyond, "There was just too much Vader in him.") He has anger issues and he is mad as gently caress at his parents and gently caress you dad because he's an entitled piece of poo poo.

Which is fine but not amazing.

But I am hoping it's more than that? I really wanna see more from his PoV. Because I know I'm making a bunch of broad sweeping assumptions based on what little I/we know about him.

I believe in you Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, you can do it!

Jenner fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 2, 2016

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Him being a whiny, entitled piece of poo poo who was basically lied too to become a horrible monster is why I find him so endearing and interesting.

Okay then we are actually 100% in agreement and like him for the same reasons. High five.

In another universe Kylo Ren is complaining about the friend zone and going on long tirades about Anita Sarkeesian under the guise of defending ethics in video game journalism.

• Locked thread