Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I would further say that JJ Abrams has no soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
JJ Abrams is really Clifford the Dog in a almost convincing man suit.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

The first JJTrek movie is probably the best Star Trek movie besides Wrath of Khan

I won't lie, 2009 Trek was a good movie.. then Into Darkness came out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't, but Into Darkness will mire the entire JJ Trekverse for me even though 2009 and Beyond were good movies.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The problem with TFA, besides JJ Abrams involvement, is it tried too hard to be A New Hope... Which given JJ Abrams involvement I guess was to be expected. He made a lovely low effort unfun rip off of Wrath of Khan so I guess Star Wars needed its turn. At least he didn't go for the Empire Strikes Back rehash.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just because he didn't write them doesn't mean he had no influence over them. What are the odds that he directs two films that are complete rehashes of prior successful films in two different franchises, only a few years apart?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only movie I enjoyed that Abrams had any involvement with was Armageddon. Everything else he has done movie wise has been a dud for me. I will admit I've not seen any of his television work but I also don't really watch T.V.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's really weird how dedicated some of you are to saying the new Star Wars is bad even though everyone loves it.

~forum culture~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sorry that I am capable of forming my own opinions and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

wizard on a water slide posted:

Dude hell yeah he is. I was like "wuh" when I heard the announcement and then thought about Looper again and it made perfect sense. He's a very good choice to make a new Star Wars picture.

Not to go off topic, but Looper loving owned hardcore.

• Locked thread