Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'd say the Nolan and JJ Abrams films have a lot of heart. They wear their emotions right on their sleeves and they do it, fairly well. But it's not a long lasting emotional feeling, it's just something that occurs during the scene.

Like the end of Super 8 makes me cry, but once the movie is done, I'm like...dang that was kinda dumb. That alien is a murderer and a bad thing. The mom thing with the necklace is good. But the alien is dumb and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kylo Ren is probably one of the best villains out there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jenner posted:

You usually have good opinions so I want to think you're being cheeky here.

He's not terrible but he's not good yet. I'm hoping he gets more and better explored in the future movies because right now we have no idea what his home life was like or anything like that. The fact that I actually want to know what he's really about does make him better than most villains JJ has introduced to us. He definitely has potential and I have high expectations for him.

But just so we're clear my current impression of him is that he's a spoiled prince who got everything he wanted but still rebelled, as rebellious teens do, in big and evil ways. (No idea what his reasons are beyond, "There was just too much Vader in him.") He has anger issues and he is mad as gently caress at his parents and gently caress you dad because he's an entitled piece of poo poo.

Which is fine but not amazing.

But I am hoping it's more than that? I really wanna see more from his PoV. Because I know I'm making a bunch of broad sweeping assumptions based on what little I/we know about him.

I believe in you Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, you can do it!

Him being a whiny, entitled piece of poo poo who was basically lied too to become a horrible monster is why I find him so endearing and interesting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rian Johnson is a very cool nice man. I really wanted to say "Congrats on Star Wars!" but it was so fresh, I wasn't sure if it was going to pan out.

So loving glad it is though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I never really watched Raiders until the fourth one came out (I think I only watched 2 and 3), and it became one of my all time favorites. It's great to see in the theater if you ever get the chance.

• Locked thread