Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

T.C. posted:

I was annoyed that the rebel pilot dude felt like a really superficial hero that we were supposed to be impressed by and hadn't earned it at all.

Then it looked like he died and I thought the director was trying to show how everyone is vulnerable and the new stormtrooper guy had to try to live up to a completely ridiculous ideal. I was interested.

But nope, not dead. Just an empty cool pilot hero guy.

dude was supposed to stay dead but they liked the actor so he was brought back via a hasty rewrite with no explanation whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
I really like the idea of Kylo Ren, because the main villain being an angsty little poo poo with daddy issues playacting as his famous villain grandfather could make a pretty interesting character study in the right hands.

I'm just not sure the people making these films can actually do the idea justice.

• Locked thread