Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Prestige, Interstellar and Memento are my favourite Nolan films. The prestige most of all!

I also love the new Star Wars. I was never a star wars fan, really, so I find the Force Awakens to be the best one and the most fun.

Equally I think Beyond is the best Star Trek film because it's just good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And Joey Pants is a tremendous guy in real life !

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love Sunshine too. Especially the soundtrack. When I first saw it in the cinema it looked totally real. I forgot the Icarus II didn't actually exist.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My hope for the new trilogy is that Finn is your neutral balancing point and Kylo swings to the light, while Rey swings to the dark side. It would be neat to see each one struggling to deal with the opposite.

Rey is supposed to be good but her anger near the end is the temptation of the dark, whereas Kylo is supposed to be good but he struggled with the light during the meeting with his father.

I'd like the second film to be both swinging to their 'wrong' side and the third is Kylo and Finn saving Rey from Snoke. I think hat would be fun and neat.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

I honestly don't think Kylo will swing. The scene where he killed his father was his last chance and the fact that he did what he did sealed his fate. Killing Han Solo as something purposefully put into a Star Wars movie by the director is too big of a deal and basically means 'there's no turning back from this' except for maybe sacrificing himself for the good cause at the very end like Vader did.

I could see Rey flirting with the dark side like Luke though. It rhymes etc.

That is true. I had maybe hoped he would realise the enormity of what he had done and it would become a sort of redemption arc with the knowledge that one cannot redeem oneself from patricide. This is why I'm not a script writer!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Snak posted:

They're never going to show a good character actually turning evil, or admitting that an "evil" human can ever be forgiven. It's just so far out of the scope of Disney and Star Wars both.

I didn't quite mean Kylo could never be redeemed due to morals, just that he wouldn't allow himself to be. It'd be really interesting to see a character do something pretty bad and then do all the right things after that and it doesn't get wrapped up in a whole "now you are good again" bow.

• Locked thread