Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like JJ Abrams in general but I liked Star Trek and The Force Awakens okay. They're not great films and obviously not the best of either franchise but are fine and enjoyable.

Nolan is weird because Inception absolutely did the thing to me the op is describing and i didn't give a flying gently caress what happened to anyone in it, but I really like The Prestige and Westworld despite people leveling exactly the same complaints at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zaggitz posted:

Chris Nolan has nothing to do with Westworld. It''s his brother Jonah, who used to do Person of Interest which turned into a very good AI show after it had a by the numbers first season. Pretty much the same trajectory as Fringe.

errr yea but his brother co-wrote the prestige, the batman movies, and interstellar; they're very much co-authors and of a piece creatively

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GonSmithe posted:

Rian Johnson is a much better director than JJ, so I have hope for the next one.

Dude hell yeah he is. I was like "wuh" when I heard the announcement and then thought about Looper again and it made perfect sense. He's a very good choice to make a new Star Wars picture.

• Locked thread