Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think Abrams can do a movie with plenty of soul but he has no interest in 'pushing' against studios, so if they hand him a script with flat characters he's just gonna make a movie with flat characters. His moviemaking style is more about the emotion of the moment and not the richness of the characters creating the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Once again, Abrams didn't write the script to either of those films. He's not that kind of director.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's really weird how dedicated some of you are to saying the new Star Wars is bad even though everyone loves it.

~forum culture~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Kylo Ren is a great villain, not because he is great, but because it's surprisingly down to earth to have the bad guy just be a lovely rear end in a top hat with anger management problems who rebelled against his rebel parents way too hard.

I love Hannibal Lector and Darth Vader as much as the next person, but I also like it when a bad guy isn't as romanticized and put on a pedestal.

The fact that Kylo puts Vader on a pedestal and wants to be him is pretty great. "Hitler was really cool, you guys!"

• Locked thread