Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Turbinosamente posted:

Isn't that because Octopussy is kinda... well... bad? There are definitely better Moore films but few are worse than it.

Octopussy is better than A View to A Kill and Live and Let Die and arguably Moonraker if only because of General Gogol's plotline and the theme song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Artsygrrl posted:

Man from U.N.C.L.E. was also hurt by a movie trailer that felt longer than normal. Another thing to consider with a modern Modesty adaptation: the last movie made the mistake of making her and Willie love interests. They were never that in the comics, so keeping the original state of the relationship (professional/platonic) would help keep the movie from being like all the others.

Oh, and they would need to cast someone who is not built like a whippet.

Gemma Arterton please.

Now we just need a young Michael Caine-looking type to play Willie.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 30, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Colostomy Bag posted:

So shoot me. I like Diamonds are Forever. Besides the moon buggy scene and probably a bunch of other ones that I find convenient to forget.

Granted, not the greatest by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Guess I have a soft spot for old school Vegas.

There's nothing wrong with liking Diamonds are Forever.

• Locked thread