Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Connery's Bond gave us some very bold names for leading ladies (looking at you, Pussy Galore), but more importantly, we got Operation Kid Brother* out of it. :v:

*also known as OK Connery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Going back to campy Bond takes, has anyone else seen the MST3K episode 'Operation: Kid Brother'? For an apparent spoof(?), it has a lot of early Bond regulars in it.

Also Neil Connery.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Modesty Blaise was a great comic strip, so the weak film adaptation sort of hurt. If they wanted to keep the mood of Bond alive long enough to work on a reboot, I say bring back Modesty (but with way better writers).

Or do a re-release of Operation Kid Brother, since that movie is a bit of a hoot. Danger Death Ray is also a bit better than Agent from HARM, another MST3K spy flick, in that Bart Fargo actually did stuff.

Edit: Holy crap, I never realized that Ennio Morricone was the composer both Operation Kid Brother AND Danger Diabolik! That explains the totally awesome music. :v:

Artsygrrl fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 27, 2017

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Man from U.N.C.L.E. was also hurt by a movie trailer that felt longer than normal. Another thing to consider with a modern Modesty adaptation: the last movie made the mistake of making her and Willie love interests. They were never that in the comics, so keeping the original state of the relationship (professional/platonic) would help keep the movie from being like all the others.

Oh, and they would need to cast someone who is not built like a whippet.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Unless you can think of any underused English actors, I am leaning towards hiring a relative unknown. He would need to be able to handle knife throwing and stunt work, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
That was a really good run, though. Now he lives on in cinema.

• Locked thread