Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

I felt guilty when that came up, like I was supposed to have paid more attention in the previous films and didn't. I probably should have considered that it may be just poorly told.

I felt absolutely terrible about taking my elderly grandfather to see Spectre, because I didn't realize how critical seeing the previous Craig Bonds would be to the story, and he walked out of the movie totally confused. They've been sending mixed messages since Quantum of Solace, you can never tell if the next movie is going to be a direct sequel or just a one-off Bond story like Skyfall was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

These Bond movies didn't seem to telegraph anything like that at all, and then Spectre happens and I'm all like "oh were those things important?" even despite I had actually seen the other films.

They did a complete 180 with Skyfall, because Quantum of Solace was probably the most direct sequel the franchise had ever done. But it was poorly received, so Skyfall was an attempt to get back to a more traditional Bond adventure, and everyone loved it. So going into Spectre I though that was the route they were going to stay on, but for some reason they did another complete 180. It was a bizarre decision in my opinion, they could have done a perfectly entertaining Bond story centered around Spectre and Blofeld without having to connect it to the others at all.

• Locked thread