Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is the only other good Moore one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Well What Now posted:

that was George Lazenby, goddamn son learn your Bond films

I meant The Spy Who Loved Me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nobody Does It Better is definitely the best Bond theme song

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I watched Moonraker a couple months back and apparently I had misremembered the scene with Jaws meeting his girlfriend. Like, in my mind he smiles revealing his metal teeth and she smiles revealing big braces and that's the joke; they both have mouths of metal. Except that doesn't happen because she does not have braces.

Anyway I googled it and apparently there's tons of people out there that remember that and/or believe that there is an alternate universe version of the movie that exists where she does have braces and have gone to insane lengths examining every shot that woman is in frame-by-frame to find proof of it and it's a massive rabbit hole of crazy people.

edit: for the record I don't believe I am from an alternate universe I just think I have a dumb brain and they missed an easy joke.

second edit: also the best Moore is The Spy Who Loved Me

I watched that a couple of years ago and remember it very clearly actually.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Spy Who Loved Me is one of my absolute favorite Bond movies, and For Your Eyes Only isn't half bad.

All the other Moore films are bad, though. Moonraker and The Man With The Golden Gun outright suck- I especially can't forgive TMWTGG for building up Christopher Lee's character before wasting him in an incredibly anticlimactic climax, and for having one of the coolest car stunts ever caught on film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJocyjCBzo

and spoiling it with what may be the most out-of-place slide whistle ever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A View To A Kill is bad but I've always had a soft spot for it because
1. Duran Duran FTW
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWAkJuz7Eo
3. Zorin's plan (flood Silicon Valley and kill everyone within) is easily the wisest., noblest and most justifiable plan a Bond villain has ever had

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Quantum of Solace's cinematography made me wanna hurl. It's probably my least liked Bond movie that isn't Die Another Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

70s urban America is a perfect aesthetic, a really cool mix of sleaze and suave

• Locked thread