Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Main problem I had with Goldfinger (well besides the bad fainting sequence) is when they crush the Lincoln Continental which weighs 3 tons into a microwave sized cube and placed in a tiny pickup bed with a load rating of 500 lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Lobok posted:

You're thinking of when Tiger's woman calls in a helicopter to fly in with a huge magnet to pick up the car following them and drop it in the ocean, all while Bond and the woman watch on he car's TV screen, which should be impossible unless there is a second helicopter that is just supposed to film the first one.

Might have to watch that today. Also had the Toyota 2000 GT.

I watched For Your Eyes Only yesterday. Forgot about the skiing down the bobsled track.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I thought the mechanical hand that made his arm 1 foot longer was well done.

New Orleans Jazz Death Squad Parade wouldn't be a bad way to go I guess.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

sean10mm posted:

Thinking about the Moore movies, The Spy Who Loved me is the only one that is actually consistent in any way, unless you count Live and Let Die's consistent insanity. For Your Eyes Only is the next closest, but everything involving Bibi is appalling and Moore is already way too old for this Bond poo poo.

I sort of give them credit for not even trying to make you think the mechanical arm is the same length as his regular arm, it's just a great big mechanical thing.

On the other hand they try to do the Mission: Impossible mask disguise for real instead of just using 2 actors, and it just makes Yaphet Koto look like he has influenza.

Agreed. The Spy Who Loved Me somehow cobbles together some crazy ideas into a coherent story.

The Moore movie glossed over though is Octopussy. Felt like it was underrated, but the "All Time High" theme song didn't quite fit even though it was based on a bunch of acrobatics.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Octopussy is better than A View to A Kill and Live and Let Die and arguably Moonraker if only because of General Gogol's plotline and the theme song

I'm about halfway through Octopussy, been awhile since I've since it. Amazing I don't find it half bad, but I'm coming up to the train/carnival sequence.

For the Live and Let Die fans, Clifton James, the lovable Cajun Sheriff Pepper is still alive at 95 years old.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Probably the pinnacle of Moore's career was the clown scene.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

So shoot me. I like Diamonds are Forever. Besides the moon buggy scene and probably a bunch of other ones that I find convenient to forget.

Granted, not the greatest by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Guess I have a soft spot for old school Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

RIP Roger. You were a good 007.

• Locked thread