Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Diamonds Are Forever is my favorite Bond movie but not because it's a good Bond movie. I just like how loving weird it is and those creepos Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint

plus you get a Bond girl named Plenty O'Toole which is just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

marioinblack posted:

The one true list
This seems reasonable. I like the dumb ones and the awesome poo poo and the cool Bonds for different reasons though so I am probably a bit too easy to please on this

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's why you watch the movies instead, where he hardly even gets a chance to finish his drink

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CelticPredator posted:

First off, it's real boring. None of the action scenes have any pop. Despite being mostly real. The Blofeld twist is super lame and the fact he was responsible for everything that happened to Bond in all the Craig films is insanely stupid and really cheapens everything he's been through. It's all just been some lame half-baked revenge plot.

I never watch a Bond film for the story, but that to me is some serious dumb poo poo. Like why couldn't Blofeld be pissed they killed Quantum or something.
I liked Spectre up to the secret enemy base, then it feels like they just loving ran out of ideas somewhere in there and adlibbed whatever the gently caress they could to move the plot along. Totally lost me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Payndz posted:

As for the contortions the writers have to go through to justify the whole "Bond's previously-unmentioned foster brother was actually the mastermind behind everything that happened in the previous three movies and did it all to gently caress with him personally!" revelation... it's utter horseshit.
I felt guilty when that came up, like I was supposed to have paid more attention in the previous films and didn't. I probably should have considered that it may be just poorly told.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Basebf555 posted:

I felt absolutely terrible about taking my elderly grandfather to see Spectre, because I didn't realize how critical seeing the previous Craig Bonds would be to the story, and he walked out of the movie totally confused. They've been sending mixed messages since Quantum of Solace, you can never tell if the next movie is going to be a direct sequel or just a one-off Bond story like Skyfall was.
It's especially notable to me because of a tangential example, the movies leading up to the first Avengers movie. There was all sorts of hubbub about how you ought to see all the various movies leading up to that one and then when I did end up seeing most of them I wished I hadn't when I watched Avengers. That flick ended up being half backstory and introductions, and the other half was Loki poo poo that I'd had enough of when I got to see Thor. I'm exaggerating a bit of course but that's what it felt like. These Bond movies didn't seem to telegraph anything like that at all, and then Spectre happens and I'm all like "oh were those things important?" even despite I had actually seen the other films.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I watched that a couple of years ago and remember it very clearly actually.
Welcome to our Universe, hope you don't miss the one you left. Spoiler, it was the one with the good Spectre movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nope, and C3PO always had a silver leg despite all the kids on the planet who were too distracted by R2D2's cussing to notice

• Locked thread