Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

God drat, they sure did a lot of ski chases in those movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Die Another Day pretty much couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a gritty modern military take on Bond, an camp tribute to the 60's, or video game 90's X-Treme Bond. So it was some terrible mismatch of all three.

But the phrase "X-treme 90's Bond" is pretty much all anyone needs to know about that movie.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Really, the only one I outright hate is Diamonds Are Forever. It's dogshit, and not in a fun way, like Die Another Day is.

Maybe it's because I grew up in and have subsequently grown to hate the American Southwest, but something about seeing Bond tooling around Nevada is painfully unappealing to me. Like, ooh, Bond's exotic caper where my grandma goes on vacation, yeah, that's fun.

Come to think of it, it's actually probably the only movie I've ever seen that manages to make Las Vegas seem boring.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Maybe I'm just fansplaining here, but I always took that "author of all your pain" stuff to be interpreted as Bloefeldt aggrandizing, taking credit for a bunch of loosely connected stuff he was only partly involved in. He's an egotistical little twerp and control freak that wants badly for everyone to believe he's practically omnipotent.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You know, Brosnan had the potential to be the best Bond if he didn't come into the part at a time when they wanted to steer the series into camp territory.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

I remember it that way too! I saw that movie like five times when I was a teenager.

You know how, like, people will mix up all the letters in a word but as long as the first and last one are correct people still read it like normal? Maybe it's the same thing. The joke was so obvious, so THERE so our minds filled in the blank subconsciously and saw it the "correct" way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Turbinosamente posted:

Some where I read a line to the effect of "Every time they do a Bond film they try to make another Goldfinger and they wind up with another Thunderball." Dunno who first wrote that or said it but it implies going down hill a few films earlier. :v:

It's been going downhill ever since Barry Nelson stepped away from the role.

• Locked thread