Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is America's team?
The Patriots
That racist team in our capitol city
gently caress America, Go Vikings.
Did you know Texas has seceded twice?
Go Hawks!
America is a diverse country with many choices.
The Packers are going to miss the playoffs :lol:
Some other option.
View Results

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Yuuuup!

You are welcome.

How long before you have to add the Metrodome roof collapsing to the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly don't know if Alex Smith's release time as in from when he decides to throw until the ball is gone is comparably good, maybe it is. His time from snap to getting rid of the ball cannot be good when you include plays where no one is open 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Burginator posted:

samuel "alex smith" bradford

Alex would have got happy feet in a perfectly clean pocket and ran for 5 yards, he's clearly the superior quarterback.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thursday on the road against a good defense is about the time for the Cowboys offense to look mortal.

I don't know if the Vikings have the offense even on short fields to make them pay though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

Yeah I dunno how they called that a fumble on the field.

What?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

If you have a surround sound setup mute the center channel.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

*cups hands over mouth* I SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY CALLED THAT A FUMBLE ON THE FIELD.

He fumbled, he just recovered it though?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sure with the cleats, what happened when Antonio Brown wanted to wear Muhammad Ali cleats?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
SMU getting a lot of mentions in an NFL game here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can't believe they called that a fumble on the field.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Haha, well done.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Um, if you're a professional football coach who is in the hospital listening to the game seems like the absolute worst thing to do if you're trying to keep blood pressure down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

Dude why does Bradford even throw it there on 3rd and 9?

What is that, a 20 yard punt?

He at least pretended to look downfield. That part makes me jealous.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Old white dude at cigar lounge
:corsair: "Yeah, punting is the right move there. Good stuff."

Jason Garrett once went like 2 full years without going for it on fourth down if I remember right. Maybe it wasn't that long but it was a ridiculous streak before he finally went for it with under 2 minutes while his team was down 9 or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
"but they won it on defense and special teams" As opposed to how the Vikings have won games since then?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Calling the Chiefs/Pats playoff game a one possession game is...kind of disingenuous. I mean, it was, but that doesn't tell the story of that game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Stop bringing up Alex Smith, I'm watching this game to forget him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I really thought Treadwell was going to be good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

That was a bad call

I mean if it wasn't a clip it was a hold so...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's gotta suck being that slot receiver running a 6 hard hook for the Vikings. The defense has no reason to worry about anything else so you're definitely getting lit the gently caress up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Rudolph should have had that.

I like how Al pointed out the defender didn't touch it and then never mentioned it went right through Rudolph's hands.

9-7 score coming here?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

I don't know how they called that a fumble on the field.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

If this was any offense but the vikings this would be a tense situation right now

Replace Vikings with Chiefs and this is exactly what I was thinking on Sunday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PrinceRandom posted:

they're getting the td and failing the conversion

Also what I was thinking on Sunday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What the gently caress are you asking the ref for there Bradford?

Ah that I guess, worth asking about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How long has it been since Witten hasn't caught a pass?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BonoMan posted:

Jason Witten has caught a pass in 130 consecutive games. The last time he didn't catch a pass in a game was Nov. 2, 2008 in a 35-14 loss to the New York Giants.

Shoulda thrown it to him instead of kneeling there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Honesty that was almost certainly the worst blown call I've seen all season, definitely in the top 3 at least. That absolutely should not have been missed

Same thing with the Sherman interference with Julio Jones, the guy who's job it is to watch for that penalty was blocked from seeing it.

And since you can't challenge 'judgment calls' welp, here we are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Jamarcus Russell got his contract with Oakland in 2007 so yeah I think maybe after Bradford they started realizing it's a bad idea. Or didn't the Rams also give Jared Goff an obscene amount of money?

It was just timing really, the CBA happened to be up after Bradford's rookie season and the league wanted to get rid of big rookie contracts so they instituted a slotting system. The NFLPA (like most player's associations) cares a lot more about current players than future ones, so it was fairly easy for the owners to get that written in to the new/current CBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Santheb posted:

I don't think the rookie contracts are team killers anymore. From what I understood they are mostly predetermined based on draft slot.

Not that it will stop at least some owners from screwing their own team over on principle to not give up a theoretical penny to their first round draft pick. Say, like, a guy you drafted #3 overall and might be the best defensive rookie in the league.

• Locked thread