Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

I'm having a fun time with this barely working 30days of ubisoft website. How the gently caress is a company supposed to host a service for millions of customers when they can't get a loving webpage that lets you download jpgs everyday to work properly.

When the storefront was having its discount problems half a week ago (where they applied the discount twice so games were 90% off) I tried buying one of the Batman games.

Never got the game, but I do currently have 7 pending charges of $3.40 from Ubisoft for nothing on my bank statement. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koramei posted:

what really? I go into Thunt to test the guns out, that's pretty bad if the recoil is actually different.

The recoil isn't different for T-Hunt, however if you use a controller it'll give you controller recoil until you stop using it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Wait, will I have controller recoil if I even have the controller plugged in but not using it?

When you touch a controller, it'll kill the pc recoil settings and put the controller ones on. When you move your mouse it switches back. So long as your controller doesn't have a drift problem it should be using PC.

TBH the only thing pc players use the controller for is the ability to control drone crawling.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hard I broke your game
https://streamable.com/76p1

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just had a guy tk his entire team at the start of the round with nitro. Someone really didnt want to play favelas!

Favelas is awful trash, that's why.*

*this statement applies to daytime Favelas only. secure/hostage range from good/decent to absolute dogshit. void where prohibited

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's always fun reporting the guy who name is that of a hacking website.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does the Humble Store have the game key as a Steam download?

There's zero difference between Uplay and Steam versions beyond having the Steam overlay; you have to find/join people through Uplay even with the Steam version.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Echo being 3 armor sort of makes him a meh pick for me, to be honest. The fact that you can't shoot the drone unless it's a) jumped and b) jumped in a room with a specific ceiling height (meaning you can't jump it in larger atrium areas) also negates much of its advantages with cloaking.

The MP5SD is great but not 'deprive yourself of a potential c4 or gadget operator' great.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of rooms (in the new loving map even) where the ceiling texture makes it impossible to see through. There's at least one room with fake leaves on the ceiling paneling that makes it impossible to see through.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Likewise, shooting from the ground would be too much as well - Echo would just corner-spam through the drone hole or some props in the room in question.

See, the thing is having to use the jump to fire off means you can't do the opposite of twitch drones; IE go out of drone holes and kill the charge being emplaced. Would force people to pay attention at least.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 6, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

EU consistently is better than US at any competitive PC FPS. That was so 15 years ago, and continues to be now. We have 750 million population with overall Internet infrastructure significantly better than any given US state or Canadian province, hence at equal game popularity levels Europeans can practice far more than Americans do, and they don't have to fight the infrastructure in the process.

Counterpoint: every time I've played on the EU servers we've absolutely crushed them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

my kinda ape posted:

IIRC they changed voices to be team only at some point. They weren't originally but they are now. Nearly all other sounds are audible to both teams though including any shuffling you do when you spin around or ADS or whatever.

That was a Skull Rain or Dust Line change if I remember right. You'll still hear reinforcement shouting on opposing teams but that's it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The microphone is definitely broken in siege. I've had countless people in-game complain about mic issues. There was a guy in the old thread who emailed the manufacturer of his headset and they replied saying it's a problem with siege. Sometimes it doesn't recognise the mic, sometimes the mic volume is too low. It's a problem.

That was me; I have the exact same headphone as Hard. Using the USB DAC means that mic output volume is low as gently caress and there's no real way to increase it in game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

weird AF, my mic is working fine and I've never had any issues. :/

[insert mumble > discord joke] but are you talking about ingame voice?

Talking about the ingame voice, yeah. poo poo has been hosed since release basically, which is why everyone uses a third party program.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They could change the color to red or something. Dunno if it's a balance issue.

IQ's gadget being blue on white or white on blue (I rarely use it TBH) plus drones showing up makes it a massive pain in the rear end, yes. Daytime maps especially you're going to have a hard time actually seeing objects because of how bright the lighting is.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Unless we start getting plate gauntlets for Rook I ain't gonna bother picking up new gloves.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

I didn't realize you could do that. Was in Thunt last night just sprinting around bashing walls open. Can you use it on enemies?

Yes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

Welp. I know what I'm trying to do any time I get to play Sledgey Wedgie.

It's appallingly hard to get a sledge kill on anybody who isn't comatose or downed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Go crazy with cosmetics just let me be able to loving see in or out of a window. There's certain corridors on yatch where you can't even see down the hallway because it's so bright INSIDE.

Same with Hereford, I have no idea how the gently caress you're supposed to be able to see into the office from the hallway and kill somebody. Between the bloom and the breach charge dust and the giant shop lights it's next to impossible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
With the new changes to bullet damage for walls I'm still not seeing anywhere near the number of people using semi-auto shotguns as there used to be. Even with the hidden laser sight change.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Paradigmata posted:

Looks like you got tricked into exposing yourself.

Losing the actual laser beam and only having the dot show up helps.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

What was the hidden laser sight change?

The beam doesn't exist anymore, the only indication that somebody is using the laser is the dot on the wall. Which you can miss fairly easy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IceOrb posted:

Here is my completely scientific and totally factual guide on how to fire each shotgun in the game starting with my favorite:

Saiga (Russian Ops): don't ADS, just dump.
Super90 (Frost): Both, just dump.
Master Key (Buck): Don't ADS, just dump. Also not recommended for killing.
M1014 (FBI OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
CQB (GIGN OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M590 (SAS OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M870 (GSG9 OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
SPAS12 (Val): ADS, just dump.
SPAS15 (Cav): Both, just dump.
Supernova (Kawaii desu OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.

I hope this helps.

The Supernova is a definite oddity in the game so far because it's doing semi-auto damage with a pump action fire rate. So you're sort of doubly screwed, though there is the SMG to fall back on.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captn Kurp posted:

Cool video, how realistic is the sound propagation compared to real life? Just curious, not criticizing.

It's normally decent but since Skull Rain vertical propagation is hosed; you'll hear stuff on floors above as on your floor. The new map highlights this more than any of the others.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

matchmaking is all kinds of hosed right now.

24/7 matching into ESL/Continuum teams.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Apparently 5.56mm guns fall into two camps for bullet penetration/destruction. M249 and Type 89 have the highest destruction model and can easily blow open walls; they're in the same tier as weapons using 7.62mm.

Guns like the 556xi (aka Thermite's shittastic AR) have the same penetration model as the P90 and the MP7.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://gfycat.com/BoldBeneficialGazelle
https://fat.gfycat.com/CloseConcernedBergerpicard.webm

Lightinginsiege.avi :wow:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm on mobile and my old rear end eyes can't tell what is going on. Was someone just hiding in that corner? Did they phase through the wall?

Guy was there the whole time, you can see him turn around or move slightly before he was shot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Did they extra promise pinky swear that lighting isn't going to be garbage this time?

'Lighting fixes' have been in every major patch note since Dust Line's mid-season.

https://gfycat.com/BoldBeneficialGazelle

:downs:

The real thing I hope gets tackled next is the utter poo poo that is smoke grenades. People ghosting your view can see through smoke that you cannot because of the clientside smoke.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 12, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

Speaking of spawn killing, was anything done about the lovely Christmas trees spawn on Kafe?

Bank's spawns are probably the only ones that people can basically instantly get headshot before they can react; even knowing somebody is going to be popping out of the front door doesn't mean you can meaningfully either get out of the way or ADS before you're dead.

(To a lesser extent you can get murked by people running out of the tower on the tunnel spawn but that guy will never make it back in alive)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 12, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Siege has still got it; think this is the third night in the past week we've had 3 full groups.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Nobody cares whether you're new or even good, as long as you're a hip happenin' dude :c00lbutt:

https://streamable.com/ftfh

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What's with the matchmaking today

Uplay'd once again.

Also the best hostage extraction: https://streamable.com/t8v9

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 14, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

poo poo people in ranked are brain dead

https://i.imgur.com/PJQj9ld.gifv

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gonna enjoy watching U-Play poo poo itself between a repeat of the 7 Ubi30 games (get them before the 18th), plus a free weekend for The Division, plus the new Siege patch coming out. Servers could barely stand up to the current load as it is.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It would give people a reason to chuck impacts at shield users for a change rather than downed people/walls if that was the case.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Should have made the challenge easier, hard

Yeah, gadget kills is hard enough as it is, 30 is basically 2/3 weeks worth unless you're constantly nading/c4ing. Plus, new shields that shrug off C4.

https://streamable.com/l6vji

Also destroying a window that fuze was in the process of putting a charge on breaks your game; you can't move and the charge floats midair in a nonexistent window.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
PC is where it's at for Siege.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/khi5c

Don't turn outlines off people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ever since WD2 came out the server stability has gone to poo poo; getting black ice era number of matchmaking errors every couple days.

Also incidentally I don't know of its the result of just not having any Euro stats or the time difference or what but every time I've played euro severs we've either matched with brand new players or utterly crushed whatever euro players there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I've gotten this bug before, teammate broke open a window just as I was laying the charge down and it freezes you in the animation.

• Locked thread