Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IronDoge posted:

It's in your settings, it's a dumb way to implement it but at least it's there.

Matchmaking preferences for regular multiplayer games unfortunately doesn't work; every single one of us has Favelas turned off (gently caress that trash map) and we still get it at least 3 times a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shine posted:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall.

I think the problem is more that Terrorist Hunt in Siege is really, really barebones and not that difficult (in a compelling way, anyways) once you know what to do. On realistic the cause of your death is going to be bombers; on normal it's also going to be bombers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

rap music posted:

To the delight of freshly spawned noobs everywhere, I've sold my gaming rig and will be out of commission. Godspeed, goons.

Considering the load times of some of the people we've played against I've come to the conclusion that you can run Siege on a potato.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

I don't think I've ever had it take more than about 15-20 second to load. When I used to have it on my SSD, loading was instant, but I'm not dedicating space to this game on that drive, at least until I build a new rig with a bigger SSD. I'm also running a machine that is like 7 or 8 years old, with an old first gen i7, 12 GB of RAM and a 770ti.

Dell had a WD 250gb SSD for like $20. Wasn't the greatest but for Siege it's pretty good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Did the game stutter on your end or just in the video at the beginning?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IceOrb posted:

Nearly every time we get an interrogation it either ends the game or significantly turns the tide in our favor.

Case in point:

https://streamable.com/8jt5

I wish silent step didn't have it's own special sound effect that dims out your own audio; it's sort of hard to gauge what sound you're actually making while silent stepping.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 11, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Moatman posted:

I played with an honest to god edgy 12 year old who called everyone oval office and yelled about aids a lot. :toot:
I thought they were just a legend

Basically this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zgRmSU4tYk

edit:

Also one of us pulled off this sweet ace 1hp clutch:
https://streamable.com/ch86t

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 14, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I really wish the Doc gun was back to the old system of darts being infinite until you hit somebody.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

Don't worry about being bad/rusty Siege goons are pretty chill with new blood.

The only times Siege goons get pissed is if you're being outright an rear end in a top hat; eg screaming at the top of your lungs and/or saying 'penis penis PENIS PENIS PENISSSSSSSS' for 2 minutes straight during a match are basically the Discord's entire banlist.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Apparently people are getting banned left and right for having that Season Pass dll hack/bypass.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

The what now? What are they bypassing from the Season Pass?

It was some dll hack that would give you all season pass content in the game without paying for it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

Wow, that is the most Ubisoft thing ever. How is that even a thing with no sanity checking. You would think "Did you give us money?" would be a fairly important check.

Oh well, gently caress 'em. If you're using a .dll hack to steal DLC (regardless of my feelings on having to buy DLC), you definitely deserve to be banned. If you were doing that, you probably would be willing to use other ways to cheat.

Payday 2 similarly had a 'DLC unlocker' (primarily because it has like 900 things of DLC) and the anticheat would kick you out of any game you were in unless you hosted.

(the R6 dll hack dates all the way back to April :stare: so it survived Battleye deployment)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 16, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, but wasn't that because almost all of Payday 2 is client side and the games were all peer hosted? Ubi makes you connect not just to uplay but to their servers to actually play. The fact that you can enable DLC for an online only multiplayer shooter by modifying a client-side DLL is pants-shittingly retarded.

Reminder, we're using Uplay, the storefront that had hacks to download every game in the store into your account 3/4 years ago.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

The report to battleye option does that. I know its counter-intuitive AF but thats whats available for now. :/
When it comes to voice chat however it's harder to keep track of them but you can mute them i guess.

Wouldn't it just be easier to have another button that says 'code of conduct' report so they can look at the name/the chat rather than dicking around with hacking first?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

People aren't complaining about people going "gently caress/poo poo" when they get owned, they're complaining about people flooding chat with things like "kill yourself niggerfaggot".

It ain't even the losing team either sometimes:

also for a while, mentioning No Man's Sky really got people lit as gently caress

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 17, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Best part of this was United93 blowing himself up with a grenade. :911:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/aqgyn

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

e: You took this picture in October 2016 and still wave it around? Dang.

It was one of the more egregious ones that I screenshotted to go with lohli saying this:

lohli posted:

People aren't complaining about people going "gently caress/poo poo" when they get owned, they're complaining about people flooding chat with things like "kill yourself niggerfaggot".

I've got others that are more recent but they're more out of nowhere against us than that was.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 19, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/0q0x3

Having cameras in the objective occasionally works out.

also I have no idea how the gently caress I pulled this one off; 2 of my kills were during the switch to ADS:

https://streamable.com/b16l3

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 21, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Fix the game, Hard. :colbert:

http://streamable.com/k96yi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://streamable.com/td2f6

(clipping c4 or cameras through the supports is actually really hard)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Find new hamsters to run the wheel that powers the Uplay servers, Hard.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Hard, when are recruits finally getting that second wall reinforcement and gun optics that don't rely on vastly uneven ironsight apertures? :v:

It could be worse, you could be using the absolutely hideous FN FAL irons.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Having one reinforcement is dumb

You're already penalized by not having optics/attachments, having 1 reinforcement is just icing on the cake of poo poo.

edit: here's the FAL irons:
http://streamable.com/7b12

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 25, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm not getting tricked into the mode where breeching charges explode in my hand again hard

The Thermite bug where it wouldn't detonate until you went to remove it from the wall was A loving +.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Why does the ADS make no sound when it triggers now?

Hard posted:

Tell you what, if you half rear end me a little paint collage of his hateful texts in one cool .png i'll send it directly to whoever handles the guillotine.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 26, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vatek posted:

Frag grenades on the other hand have a regular fuse and can be cooked for hilarious insta-detonations.

Case in point:

http://streamable.com/9idi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This is what got the CUM POLICE banned from Battlelog.

You'll always have :cumpolice: in your heart

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It's a bonus reward for their servers being a garbage fire.
Should just give everyone a weeklong booster because it's been hosed for at least that long.

See also: servers deleting Iceorb's player profile so he had to unlock all the non-dlc operators again

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://streamable.com/2smtl

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://streamable.com/cicwn

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

Really? I never had any issues playing as Classic Pulse, but I dunno, I just feel like the more limited range hurts me more when I play as him now. Probably just me though - I don't really play him often nowadays anyway.

The range is basically the same as old Pulse, while you could technically see out to 10 meters with the original Pulse gadget, it was literally impossible to do so outside of controlled circumstances. The beeps were too faint.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

Have they ever tried buffing him but make teammate heartbeats show up as well?

Having played IQ the fact that drones show up is annoying to no loving end, coupled with the trash white on blue contrast for finding gadgets. Plus, Pulse is gonna know who is nearby just by outlines.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Stop calling bandit blitz

I do this all the time.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

why are the servers such a massive piece of poo poo tonight

They've been like this ever since watch dawgs Number two came out

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I consider it divine intervention if I don't get a matchmaking error after every single game.

We're back to February 2016, when we had those absurd bugs like enemy player positioning being all hosed up so you'd be sneaking up on a dude and whoop he was actually looking directly at you. Any time somebody joined your squad you needed to sacrifice a virgin to make sure there were no matchmaking errors.

Goon squads were never full as a result. :smithicide:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I consider it divine intervention if I don't get a matchmaking error after every single game.

I don't know why we've always gotten free weekends (barring the first one in December 2015) that drop right around betas for other games or big patches for other games, it just tanks the whole server infrastructure.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reminder that none of Echo's uniform previews actually work except Navy, IIRC.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

I've tried getting with a group in the Discord but no one ever seems to be on when I am. UK timezone differences?

The timeline most people play on is EST and we usually start around 8/9PM, which translates to like 2/3 am UK time currently iirc. On some days we might start early ( weekends mainly) and we often run until 2/3 am at times so you might catch us at the tail end of sieging when you wake up.

Your best bet is to sit in pcgaming on synirc and see when the siege call goes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wooper posted:

Don't know how I feel about giving IQ grenades to compensate for her mostly useless gadget when it comes at the expensive of Capitão, who has a barely useful gadget.

IQ's gadget really needs higher/not poo poo contrast to actually see stuff on day maps.

Edit: hahaha, capitao losing frags is totally going to drop his pick rate like whoa. The gently caress were they thinking?

Still salty about Thermite losing frags here hard.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 6, 2017

• Locked thread