Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Q8ee posted:

throw us a link to the discord. main thing that has stopped me wanting to play with goons is the real big gap between player skill level, so I've got no idea if matchmaking would throw me against Plat players or something if we had a Plat in the group.

https://discord.gg/bHkFJRg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

What is the end flag? poo poo resolution so can't see it on my phone.

If we have to wait until Year 3 S3 for Yacht to come back I am going to be loving irate.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bigis posted:

Is it worth downloading the ultra HD texture pack if I play at 1080p on a 1060?

It nearly doubles the install size of the game from what I remember.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gamersgate has R6 year 2 season pass for $13.47 (PC)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Q8ee posted:

hostage is most fun for the hilarious outcomes, bomb is best strategic gamemode because you have so many different options for attack. secure can be lame cause like others have said, fuze just spams, but i've noticed now that there are way more operators, fuze spam isn't that commonplace anymore.

Fuze spam isn't commonplace because they changed the way Fuze charges work. Previously you either missed or killed, there was quite literally no other outcome to it. Now Fuze charges injure operators depending on how close they are to the puck (meaning you could do something like 55 damage to an operator and still have them trucking around wherever you Fuzed)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wooper posted:

To shotgun, just go around and do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5LNT1dq-0

Is this tactical realism on the worst map in the game? If so you're a masochist.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fart Car '97 posted:

What is wrong with theme park, aside from it being kinda dark?

It's a loving hellscape of a map. Like, if it was half the size that it currently is it would be fine. But it's basically two maps slammed together with the world's most confusing layout possible. The exterior of the map is as large as the interior and is 90% unused. You've got two dozen entry points and jumpouts along with the most cameras any map has had so far. It is also, as you mentioned, pretty dark.

Bartlett for all it's flaws (which are numerous and obvious) is a really simple map to learn because it's just two rectangular floors slammed on top of each other.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

We've played against this guy before on Kanal, he's definitely hacking. Surprised he wasn't banned yet ( :rip: Hard)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

For people who've played on TTS, are MP and shotgun secondaries still worth taking on everyone or do you just automatically pick pistols now? I can't imagine it's the latter but you never know.

Shotgun secondary is hella useful (even though it doesn't make large holes) mainly for trap door blowing and scrub killing. If you switch to your secondary to off somebody that's just the gun equivalent of tea-bagging their corpse.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Cav if you're not going straight out for her interrogations is one of the easier operators to play because her weapons are so strong. That pistol with the new recoil is a monster.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How the gently caress are we not at 60Hz two years later

We were at one point, then they stealth dropped it to 50hz.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

So, I got the starter edition awhile ago but the grind is seriously stupid.

Am I hosed or can I upgrade this to a regular edition somehow?

You can get it to the equivalent of the regular edition but it'll cost arm/leg to do so. Unless you've spent a tremendous amount of time unlocking poo poo I believe the cost to upgrade is equivalent to buying the R6 Siege Complete edition (Kinguin appears to be the cheapest place that carries it at $56.)

Complete edition has both S1/S2 season passes and all those operators unlocked.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fart Car '97 posted:

The cool thing is as long as you don't play tachanka or castle you basically can't pick a bad op from the original ops. Every single one is fun and cool and useful.

Castle isn't bad, he's just hard to play. If you take Tachanka you're making a statement to the other team: either you don't give a gently caress, or you think they're scrubs.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
One of the problems I feel these days is the irrelevance of C4 to like half the operators. Outside of very lucky tosses they're pretty non-threatening these days thanks to the lower toss range and the fact that every shield op can now tank them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SMP posted:

These rumors came from 4chan which, while usually full of poo poo, has been 100% accurate like the past 5 updates/operations.

e:

The reason why these leaks are generally accurate now is upcoming updates get tested through either UBI itself or VMC.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait if castle walls are unbreakable conventionally doesn't that mean specific dumb team comps could literally be walled off from the objective

You can always pull them down if you're a defender but yeah it would change the way people play some maps (like Vault for hostage on Bank).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

This game is amazing. I finally have a game to replace CSGO.

Ag0at on uPlay. I also like Trials. Can I get a Discord link? I can't seem to find a working one.

Hard has left this mortal coil so it can't be edited into the op, however:
https://discord.gg/TYhA2QM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Someone bitched at me for being a cheater because I landed a good 90 degree turn shot kill on a Sledge that smacked the wall in the room I was sitting.

That totally made my day.

I had one of those moments on the new map, the guy sat in the same exact position as he killed me on in a previous round so when it was called out I knew what to prefire on:
https://streamable.com/dak3y

• Locked thread