Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://streamable.com/nbv9u

The flipping second to last bullet got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Turned around so fast you broke your own neck.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard why don't pistols have wooden grips with the new alembic skin.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Please keep me updated on these lads hard it would make me so happy to see them banned (yes I submitted a ticket)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

If those fixed recoil patterns make it into live I'm just uninstalling. It's so loving retarded.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Seems like they're doubling down on this horrendous decision. Good job ubisoft. I'm sure the 3 pro players who requested this are going to be real happy :thumbsup:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Fixed recoil just has no place in a game like siege. It only works in CS because they have hipfire only and static, unchanging maps. Gunplay and holding angles is more important in CS because there's no danger of sledge literally breaking down the wall you were standing near and killing you. It's more about tactics, improvising and using your own and your teams operators to beat the opponent. Sure player skill comes into it with actually being able to click heads and control recoil but If you're mag dumping in siege you're doing something wrong.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

IceOrb posted:

Well said.

Re: will this kill the game?

Probably not but it is scary to start loving with something that could fundamentally change the way the game plays and more importantly feels this late in the game.

Also echoing concerns of people using recoil macros... We just got over the hackerpocalypse. What are we going to do when people are using macros that will most likely go undetected in ranked/casual. Or are we choosing to ignore that because it's not gonna happen at a live esports event.

Aimbots/Wallhacks being loaded into pro players mice happened more than you think at cs:go lans. Undetectable recoil macros are going to be mandatory unless the people running the siege events ban players from using their own keyboards/mice.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

They're all anime ringtones.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

have they said anything about recoil changes on the stream?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Only the pistol changes will be implemented for the next season. They've been rather mum about their current intentions for the other weapons.

Nice the pistol changes were the only really good ones.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Also drat just saw that operator video they all look awesome. Kurwa attacker is just..a better ash tho??

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The pistol recoil changes are loving wild.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

The game would get pretty loving grim if it removed the foot and had the now crippled and in severe pain operator howling on the floor, bleeding everywhere and requiring first aid to not just bleed out on the spot.

Rag dolling is fine instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0yeHuSV5U

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I died to a thermite charge just yesterday trying to bandit trick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone know what the exact rules for being allowed to vault through a barricaded door are?
Sometimes it lets me vault through after one melee strike, sometimes it needs two strikes.

If you break 3 boards with 1 hit you can vault through it. There are a couple of sweet spots for doors/windows but they're quite finicky to get consistently right.

• Locked thread