Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Damage reduction from silencer is the silliest thing to argue about vehemetly in a game with 1HKO headshots.

Real talk, this is only true if you can hit what you aim at reliably. Otherwise, every bullet counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Real talk, go play Cooking Mama on your Nintendo DS or something if you have to make an "actually, you need to aim for that" argument in an FPS game like Siege.

Sure thing, cool guy.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Thief posted:

a big factor is also how often you play ranked. there is a large portion of players that only play ranked games solo or not as if its casual. this cuts their rank down because once you hit like the gold/plat threshold you are encountering players that are in groups and working together to maintain and boost their stats. they tend to be very good and just like the atmosphere of a gamemode where the team tends to try to work together and not rage quit as often as they do in casual. the vocal people complaining about rank often only play a handful more than their placement rounds before giving up or finding a group of friends to coordinate with.

if playing regularly, i think absolutely every player can climb to gold through luck and teamwork so long as they have average aim and map knowledge

though everyone i personally know that does this doesn't do it to mock people

^this.

also i would do it for the fun of stupid strats like putting tachanka's turret in a ridiculous spot that nobody in copper is going to look for

in a way, it can be just as hard to derank from silver as it is to climb out of gold into plat. more often than not it has to do with bad luck and ironically not being in a coordinated team. there are a lot of great players in silver/gold that aren't smurfs they just don't play ranked that often. we've seen diamond players with 1.1 win ratios.

The trick to deranking is to pick Rook and Doc and shotgun every breakable surface in the game.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Perestroika posted:

Anyhow, Caveira is fun and good, but note that she's by far not the only character who can go roaming (though she is very good at it). Technically any character can do it, though the faster ones are better at it. For the beginning, just plop yourself down somewhere a bit distant from the objective room, check where the attackers come from with cameras and sound, and start (quietly) moving there in a roundabout route to get them from the side or back. If you've lost track of them, you can do circuits along the outer perimeter of the building and converge onto any gunfire. Over time, you'll get a feeling for which routes and entrances you need to keep an eye out for in particular.

Don't play Cav. Cav is terrible.

I only play Cav

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Rook and Doc are both very good starting defenders.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Party Plane Jones posted:

Cav if you're not going straight out for her interrogations is one of the easier operators to play because her weapons are so strong. That pistol with the new recoil is a monster.

Down a dude, wait for friend to come for rescue.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Another thatchery disruption operator would be good

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Sprechensiesexy posted:

I got 600 ubidollars with the Season 3 pass and I couldnt figure out which operator to buy, then I saw the JTF2 bundle for 567 and got that.

I am now a happy camper.

Welcome to Buck life.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The night before, I got the bug where all the base operators are locked while the DLC ones are available (season passes) and also all skins and attachments have been removed from every single gun in the game.

This is the worst loving bug as it wastes a lot of time. This loving attachment UI is hot garbage.

Happened to me too. What a pain.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Ubisoft posted:

We want to make it clear to players that racism, hate speech, and harassment are not tolerated in Rainbow Six Siege, as outlined by our Code of Conduct, and will result in your account being banned. We are working on better ways for players to report this behavior, and improving monitoring tools to help manage this. Ultimately, our goal is, if you use racist or harassing speech in our game, you will not be allowed to play our game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7k02ps/toxicity_reporting/

loving finally.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I miss yacht.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Jack Trades posted:

What are the white arrows exactly? The same ones that show where damage is coming from but white instead of red.

I think red arrows are bullets that have hit you, and white arrows are near misses.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Double welcome

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

BadLlama posted:

Do suppressed guns not provide indicators?

Not for some time. It's one of their their only advantage.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Because your SMG doesn't do a ton of damage so it's nice to not have your target immediately 180 and blast you if you miss a low percentage shot at his head.

Especially for Cav where not drawing attention is important to getting an interrogate off.

Cav kinda needs her shotgun for hatches though.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

SpazmasterX posted:

Impact grenades work too.

Dont wanna waste those on hatches because I might actually need them for a rotation during the round.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Deltasquid posted:

Ask someone during set-up to break them with their own impacts (rook etc) or shotgun (smoke)

Could work. I like to pop every hatch on the map that doesn't lead to obj, which would be difficult for slow defenders. Not the worst idea though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Caffeine IV posted:

Cav's shotty is good for making small floorholes to cover doors and windows, though. If I wanted range, I wouldn't be playing Cav.

Iirc, Compensator reduces horizontal recoil heavily, Flash Hider vert/horizontal moderately for 3~5 bullets, and Muzzle Brake vert/horizontal heavily for the first shot in a burst. You'll have to see which guns you prefer long bursts with, and which guns you usually just tap.

Cav's pistol is also occasionally surprisingly good at range. Not always, but every now and then.

• Locked thread