Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I was told that muzzle break is now only good single shot like intended.

All the pistols are single-shot, as you may have noticed.

Thief posted:

attacker hong kong op better be pistols only with special ability to hold both guns up at the same time with the accuracy of a shield user

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is the lack of discount on the Crane/Majestic bundles a bug, or intended?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Servers just died. :thumbsup:

New operators are loving good poo poo, though.

Although why the hell does Jackal get 60 more rounds for his AR than the other operators, Hard?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 7, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

drum mag!

The AR, not the SMG. It's got 31+210 when e.g. the 556 has 31+150.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You mean Buck's FAL. Zero recoil and 70 damage per shot. :getin: Typical Quebecers, making the Montréal operator OP.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 8, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
FYI the issues thermiting C4'd reinforcements are back. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

I was not aware of that but it seems Epi summed it up pretty well. :dealwithit: i guess?

It's pretty poo poo and "deal with it" doesn't address the issue, hth.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

It's not an issue it's a feature.

Also chill the gently caress out guys, :deal with it: is pretty tame coming from me considering the amount of crying some of you can produce.

Come on, in what world does "hth" indicate people having a go at you? :v:

I mean, no one's holding you responsible for it, it's just a dumb thing and saying "it's a feature not a bug" doesn't somehow fix the fact that it's a really dumb feature. :v: You're just the friendly neighbourhood Ubi rep so you get to hear people complaining.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just add an option to the menu under the Battleye report option called "Report Offensive Behaviour," and have it be identical in every way to a Battleye report other than the name of the menu entry being different.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Hard, any chance we can get the ability to jump to specific cameras with F keys? Having to cycle through a bunch of broken ones is a pain.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5vek1z/7day_50_renown_boost_on_all_platforms/

Nice gesture.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hard, I've come back to tell you it doesn't look like you've fixed the game yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Give IQ some kind of magic microwave pistol that can blow up gadgets through walls, or something.

Also much more importantly, give us at least one more operator who can AoE jam gadgets because I'm really tired of having to pick Mute every single defence round.

I would be less tired of this if Mute didn't look boring, have the world's most boring guns, and have to run around putting jammers down and picking them back up during the drone phase.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Penpal posted:

I wish Castle's barricades were a little tougher

Give Castle a third reinforcement and the ability to actually reinforce windows, instead of the current lovely barricades.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

Pretty sure he's had 3 for a very long time if not forever.

Reinforcements, not barricades.

The idea is to make it so he's useful even if there are no windows, and can no longer lock people in by barricading doors.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Alternatively: make it so that pubbies are even better at locking the team out of the room.

Exactly!

Jokes aside there's so many good attack operators that having you sometimes take Thermite and Hibana wouldn't be the end of the world, and they can always add more thermite-y ops.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Sep 24, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Don't act like you don't know what's coming.

Hard confirms Ela buffs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It would sure be loving nice if we had a button to report lovely grouped up TKers who TK and votekick people off the team, or people with Nazi avatars, instead of relying on the lovely BattlEye reporting.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It's 2017. I shouldn't have to open a support ticket to report griefers and Nazis.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ash stepped in by firing her breaching round at the window Fuze was going to use.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Azran posted:

I hope one of the two attackers added next season (which should be in January, right? Due to Op Health's delay, I mean) are the Hibana to Thatcher's Thermite.

:agreed:

The game desperately needs another Thatcher and another Mute, it's tiring having to pick them nearly 100% of the time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

Liar, I watched the whole thing and never noticed where the time went it was so good.

I'll admit I opened the video in a tab and thought "27 minutes? That's a joke, right?" and then sat through the first 15 minutes of it anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Give castle a third reinforcement and let him reinforce windows. This solves the problem of him being useless in windowless rooms (he can just reinforce a third wall) and of his barricades giving Fuze a bunch of free kills most of the time (you'd need to thermite the window). It also makes his gadget take more consideration to use since you need to decide between reinforcing walls or windows.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The new operators having one and a half operator abilities and weird edge-case interactions because of ~the lore~ is incredibly dumb.

Can't wait for one or more of them to have completely broken guns, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

vigil seems pretty well balanced and thought out
dokkaebi seems like a snowball operator that punishes you for people feeding on top of having strong utility. lol

Yeah Vigil is good.

Zofia/Ela should lose the stun reduction and Dokkaebi should only have the camera hacking.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Only having the camera hacking would make her really boring because it turns into "Oh well, she got a phone, shoot out the cameras" every time and that's a really binary/boring operator right there

If they do that they've denied themselves the camera, which is the point.

She can have just the phone hacking instead, but Echo shouldn't randomly be immune to it (just make sure it doesn't stop him from using his drone).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I may be blind but I'm not seeing the patch notes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

Yeah gently caress that I'm a father of 2 and have more money for hobbies than time

I like that the business model for operators allows for both people with more money than spare time and the other way around, it's cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The problem being that you already can make flashbangs get people even if they look away. You just have to land them within 3-4m of them AND have a clear "line of sight" from the explosion. Which given the amount of crap amd random corners you can hide in on the maps, means that unless you can make them rain from above, it's kinda hard to do that perfectly.

Like, i dont think even nitro cells have that problem.

Make it so you still get hit by the effect while looking away if you're within 5m of the grenade when it goes off, but make the effect fade faster if you weren't looking at it, IMO.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 29, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For people who've played on TTS, are MP and shotgun secondaries still worth taking on everyone or do you just automatically pick pistols now? I can't imagine it's the latter but you never know.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Shotgun secondary give so much utility that I'd probably never pass on those

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotgun secondary is hella useful

Yeah, that's my point. Machine pistols are the main one where I'm not sure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Holy poo poo pistols are so good now.

The 5-7 does 42 damage per shot, lol.

e; Capitao gets 400 rounds with the 249, also lol.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 6, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Zofia should really lose the impact grenades and the self-revive, four concussion nades on a launcher is good enough as an operator ability.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Honestly, I feel like the only reason Zofia gets the withstand thing is that Ela has a downed ability so obviously her sister needs one too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Ela's downed ability. That should also go away.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Doc can revive with his heal bullets but also heal and also overheal so he wins with 3 abilities?

That's one ability with two valid targets, and they all make sense as being part of a single ability set, unlike Zofia's self-revive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

don't forget zofia and ela being partially resistant to each others stun grenades, because

"The operators with stun grenades have 50% resistance to all sources of stun" at least makes some gameplay sense, unlike the self-res or the stun mine detonate.

The ~lore~ justification is still :laffo: though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Q8ee posted:

it's like when Batman went up against Bane and threw his little LSD boomerangs and Bane shrugged it off, saying he was trained by Ra's al Ghul as well, so he knew how to steel himself against the effects. Zofia and Ela have both had lots of experience being stunned with the concussion mines, so I dunno why the lore is laughably bad, it makes sense to me.

Cops go through training where they get voluntarily pepper sprayed, so if out in the real world it happens, they know what to expect and can keep some of their composure.

Sir, this is a video game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Her emblem is a phoenix so I suspect that the revive was her original ability.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of grenades get reduced though.

Yeah, that's my suspicion as well. It's still bad, though, since it's an unexplained edge-case ability that's also so bad you'll use it to good effect maybe once in a hundred games if that.

Her having four concussion nades is completely fine and the only thing she should have. Ditch the impact grenades on her gadget (if you really want her to have impact grenades so she can open walls before conc nading a room, make that one of her grenade choices, there's no reason why they should be 100% exclusive to defenders).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Worst primary weapon on offense

:confused:

Her LMG is good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wooper posted:

Low rate of fire and damage. Out-traded by every defense weapon. :thumbsup:
But on the other hand it has lost of bullets and reload fast for an LMG so you can lose a fight to many different people in a row.

I went back and checked and it's worse than I remembered, and does indeed suck.

The RPM arms race loving sucks and is entirely due to every single weapon one-shotting on a headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Why the gently caress can we still not toggle Montagne's shield deploy.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 12, 2017

• Locked thread