Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sorry i am bad at this game goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

IceOrb posted:

Hard:

One of our guys keeps going on about how the season end charm reward is based on the highest rank you achieved and not the rank you end the season at.

Is this true?

this is how most ranked systems do it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are you sure? i thought i'd gotten silver season 1 even though i finished bronze.

fake edit i am bad.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
literally no one thinks that you loving weirdo. what's he going to do? plant subliminal messages in it?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think thunt had aim assist, at least on console, maybe?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
even if you did, it would (should) only be in t-hunt.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just took a win off a 4-gold team with a team with 4 unranked

felt p good even though it was a 4 v 5

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first you're wrong about windows and now you're wrong about phone usage

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
aren't you the guy who had really terrible opinions on lighting being fine in this game

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed way more cheating lately? i'm getting blatantly walled like one game out of every three

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the blatant hacking is getting p out of control. another game where i'm just getting blasted through random doors by people who were tracking me perfectly through walls

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'we just have good comms' is such a waller meme at this point it should autoflag your games for review

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
less points per rank means they rank down faster too, so what's the issue?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is it intentional that fuze explosions reach out through vents? i nearly killed myself because i was standing next to a vent

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
tonight in ranked i had a cav down herself trying to impact grenade me as montagne; i took 0 damage from both of them

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There is fuze and frost outfits but they are ubi game tie in skins

is this true? what gives the fuze outfit?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so I was playing a game earlier and had a weird glitch - I was moving throughout the map on my screen and could interact normally with the environment and players, but to everyone else my character model was on the roof, so people were being shot by an invisible blitz, while to me everything seemed normal. any idea what this was?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

But should you? Isn't the point of confidence range to understand when players just have a bad time?

yes, you should? regardless of your confidence the system is still supposed to determine your probability of winning and give you points based on it. why would a ranking system care if you had a 'bad time' or were outplayed?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Even once (or if) that is sorted, it still is backwards that you get thrown a division down for a single loss - sample size of 1 is no grounds for making a serious decision.

first of all, it's not a 'sample size of 1', because the only ranks that matter are the highest rank you get in a season, and the rank you end the season at, so the sample size is actually 'every game you play'.

also losing a rank isn't very serious at all and while people will swing around 3-4 ranks +/- what seems 'right' for them i very rarely encounter people who don't seem to be at least gravitating around where they should be.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'll leave it at this but decreasing certainty is a very bad idea and almost no ranking system that i know of does it.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 27, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the numbers are different but dota 2 will do this. hell, i've lost like 100 points for a match and gotten 7 for a win in dota

but i guess you said 'successful' and dota 2 ranked is anything but. i do think more transparency in the ranked system would be helpful for people's peace of mind, though.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 27, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i ran into a tachanka yesterday that seemed to have a samurai-themed helmet, but i can't find it anywhere. has anyone else seen this?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey hard - i had an option to complete the mvp challenge (even though i don't remember actually hitting the prereqs). now the challenge is gone, i can't get it again, and i have no disco ball. any advice?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the highest i remember getting was 3940, when it DIDN'T give me the charm. i ended up getting the charm after a game where i got like 3200 points.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i didn't record it, but i just had a really strange experience: i'm deployed as montagne. an enemy doc runs up in front of me, spins, and somehow kills me through my shield. on the killcam it...just looks like he shoots a bunch of air after spinning, blood spatter, and then i'm dead. any ideas what this is?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think you should probably not do that sort of thing

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey can you punch whatever loving idiot decided to add custom emblems into for honor because half my games are filled with swastikas?

also tell them to add rook to for honor.

gently caress it i'll just keep playing siege

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the challenge is all week, right? i want my heart skin but I'm not home today.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
top floor hell room is more defensible if you aggressively hold the aunt's room stairs, but that's not usually possible because those stairs aren't very defensible themselves.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

Buck is cool because he has a weak, wall-destroying shotgun as well as his normal rifle.
Since headshots are where it's at kill-wise, and GEO has shotguns as a secondary, how is Buck not poo poo now?

e: This was terribly phrased, but how is Buck's ability viable when "also a shotgun" isn't a unique trait anymore?

the secondary shotguns are not great for blasting through poo poo, whereas bucks is tailor-made for the task. also buck has a dmr and frags.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why am i downloading a 14 gb patch

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

I used to like the red dot sights but now it feels weird. With the triangle sights, do the bullets hit at the top point of the triangle, or the center of the triangle?

Air - A girl that puts down electric fans.

typically, you want to point at people with the tip of whatever.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
one time, on chalet, I fuzed the hostage room (tellers offices). i killed 3 enemies and didn't scratch the hostage, and now I fuze the hostage at every opportunity trying to chase that sexual thrill.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
consulate, major brain fart. i had just lost on chalet when I posted that and the 'c' got stuck in my head.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that flies in the face of how we expect smoke to work in real life and would make zero sense from a gameplay balance perspective because attackers are the ones who bring smoke grenades, not defenders

unless you're using smoke's gadget to block vision in which case your poo poo is hosed up worse than I realized

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm the three french operators that speak perfect american english

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my biggest issue with that I have no idea at all who it's supposed to be in siege

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
frost traps are good in a lot of levels of play. if you position them intelligently, the fact they know it's there doesn't really matter if they're unable to do anything about them without exposing themselves

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's cyka blyat, you clearly only learned these things by having them screaming at you instead of having them typed at you the way god intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i do not think your nat type has anything to do with your ping or packet loss. if your nat type isn't changing when you open your ports, you're either doing it incorrectly, opening the wrong ports, or siege is mis-reporting.

• Locked thread