Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
there's definitely that sorta attitude but you see Ela every game mostly because she's still stupidly overpowered, and Dokkaebi just came out last week. I see Vigil and Zofia pretty much every game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Q8ee posted:

It makes me sad that the meta is trending towards fast peeking poo poo. I miss the days when it was slow and tactical, but now (even in group situations), it's pretty much the one strong player rushing in and peeking everyone to death.

The meta hasn't changed, you've just ranked up to where you actually notice it. This is how the game's always been, my friends who play console have been complaining about how dominant the gunning-as-opposed-to-tactics is on PC since Black Ice.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Tachanka should be the defense version of Montagne; unkillable from the front. Maybe lower the amount of he can turn by a bit. Go around him or blow him up.

Might be too OP.

I agree with this, just make his shield totally bulletproof. There'll still be ways to counter it, and I think as long as he's an op you can routinely instantly headshot because he has to be stationary, he's never gonna work.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

SpazmasterX posted:

My major gripe is that they make terrible murder holes because they A) explode so slowly and B) are as obvious as Thermite charges. If you took away one or the other, probably the slow wind-up, she'd have a much more effective gadget. As is, she's thermite with a better gun and only one breach charge.

Murder holes on offense aren't about surprise, they're about opening up another angle, which Hibana can do on 3 separate walls/ hatches as opposed to Thermite's 2. She is a very strong operator and definitely doesn't need a buff (and I say that as a Hibana main).

That bug seems pretty bad though, funny how after 6 months of working on the other one there's already another. I haven't seen it personally on an unobstructed wall/ face on, but I have been noticing pellets scatter a lot more than they used to when I shoot through a hole that'd block some of them. I guess the bug might explain that.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Jack Trades posted:

I don't understand how some people are using ACOG sights on their guns.

Most of the time you're in claustrophobic close to medium range environments and the 2.5x zoom just cuts your field of view immensely.

usually if you're in a situation where you need to scan around a wide open area you messed up; you should be trying to hold angles and places where people can only come from certain directions, so the field of view doesn't make much difference.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Polka_Rapper posted:

Frost is the only operator I run extended barrel on. I've seen it suggested that I just run the gun with a stock barrel. Extended barrel does make the gun easier to see, but I think the minor benefit of having it take one or two less bodyshots for a kill at range is worth it. If the gun had a faster firerate I'd probably not use the extended barrel.

She's the only op I run a silencer on. There was a table posted a while back thst shows her SMG takes the same number of shots to kill regardless of whether it's on or off until you get to a really long range- so basically the opposite of the extended barrel. Since most engagements are closer ranges I think it's more valuable.

She's my highest k/d op too by a big margin and I don't think it's entirely due to the traps, her gun is just so easy to control.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Deltasquid posted:

If you buy the Y1 operators, don't get Thermite, because Hibana fulfills the same role

I mostly agree with your other stuff (Buck/Sledge and Doc/Rook can do some different things but nothing appreciable for a new player really) but Thermite and Hibana are pretty different in how you use them. As Hibana you open up new lines of sight, ceiling hatches, or break Mira windows. As Thermite you make really big loving holes. If you're doing a garage attack and can only breach through a piddly Hibana hole then it makes a huge difference in how you're forced to attack, or on some points if you're forced to place a Thermite charge directly it can expose you to a lot more danger.

They're obviously "similar" in that they breach reinforced walls, but in that sense you could say the same about Vigil/Cav or Bandit/Mute having similar rolese. You won't go wrong with getting both Hibana and Thermite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
There are lots of situations at higher ranks where you'll get clipped in a limb if you're running about, or where people will blindfire through a wall and so on and the Rook armor saves you. I agree I'd normally rather have Doc, but Rook is still useful.

Worst part about Rook is the chunk of time he takes out of the prep phase really.

• Locked thread