Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

defense operator who lays down carpets

On the walls, introducing the Azerbaijanian operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

poe meater posted:

Ok cool. Next question, which class has the machine gun with tons of ammo? I want to spam the poo poo out of walls. I'm assuming someone has a ammo pack deployment.

Can you damage people through metal? Is this nonsense viable?

Nothing has an ammo pack deployable. From cheap operators, IQ has tiny machine gun and Fuze has a classical one. You generally can't damage people through metal.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Glaz can shoot through several metal objects.
He and laggy explosives are the edge cases.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Penpal posted:

Is Fuze not supposed to be able to use his gadget on the 2nd floor of Plane reliably? A lot of the times it goes through but sometimes one puck sits right below your heels and it sends you to hell. It's happened to me and I've won a match recently because the last fuze boned himself

Your grenades bounce and will kill you in tight quarters.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

cyber athletes have been arguing about silencers for years now

i've seen ppl have full blown meltdowns about how the damage reduction is a literal game changer to them because you have to shoot someone with 3 bullets instead of 2 when the rate of fire for a MP7 is like literally nearly loving 1000 RPM anyway.

realistically in most indoor firefights i've seen a suppressor works well enough for people that know how to use existing sounds to cover their movement and terribly for people that don't ever relocate after being spotted. if you want to be tactic00l you should use them, its pretty much as simple as that imo.

Damage reduction from silencer is the silliest thing to argue about vehemetly in a game with 1HKO headshots.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

Someone give me a rundown of the last 4 weeks in 5 bugs or less.

It broke really bad for a while, then became just bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

Real talk, this is only true if you can hit what you aim at reliably. Otherwise, every bullet counts.

Real talk, go play Cooking Mama on your Nintendo DS or something if you have to make an "actually, you need to aim for that" argument in an FPS game like Siege.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Peekers advantage isn't a problem if you always get Better than Mama rank :smug:

Yes, it just exists and has to be considered. It has never been a problem to me in Siege, or CS before it. :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

bug report:

a player shot me before i shot them and its definitely the game's fault.

Have you tried shooting sooner?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is what Skyscraper should have been. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Krogort posted:

He seem heavily armored, maybe a headshot proof defender?

They may potentially have learned not to repeat this mistake with Blackbeard.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How did they gently caress their game this hard? It's been so unenjoyable to play. After getting a rock-solid 60FPS every match at the tail end of Operation Health, I now can't achieve that unless I drop to 900p on the lowest settings (despite the game using literally 1/4th of my VRAM). On top of that, Ranked matchmaking has never felt worse, and the abysmal placement matches completely loving my rank despite my personal performance being some of the best I've ever had in this game turned me off for most of this season. Climbing back into Gold from Bronze 3 was loving suffering. How is it acceptable for Ranked to still be in "beta" 2 years after this game launched?
What gave you the illusions that it is acceptable? Ubisoft is just running away from responsibility and accountability, as always.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Rex "Power" Colt for RSix plz.

You surely mean Revolver "Adam" Ocelot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

New op is an attacker with a DMR and shotgun, unless her ability is super OP i'm not that worried about.

It was worse the last couple of seasons when they all DLC defenders had Nitro Cells.

Remember old auto-shotguns?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So, this guy has an aura that temporarily kills cameras?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kikas posted:

Drone cameras, he's the defender.

Right. I wonder if they go whitenoise, or he just doesn't render on the view.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah Siege is first competitive game where matchmaking "hiccups" can get this bad, in my experience.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not really. Siege has been buried in matchmaking bugs for its entire lifespan. Remember when people would just randomly get kicked from your party back to the main menu while queueing? Sometimes the entire party. That lasted like, a full year.

It's really really loving basic to have a timeout in your matchmaking that automatically requeues you if you spend too long looking for a session. The reason why this happens to everyone is the same reason why Ranked is still in beta: Ubi doesn't give a poo poo and will never give this game the resources it needs to keep putting out anything but the minimum to keep it alive (and netting them sweet microtransaction $$$) and apply a fresh coat of paint every now and then. It just doesn't happen in other, more competently programmed games like Overwatch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Q8ee posted:

I'd be way more into this game if an extra bracket was added to ranked. Same issues I had 6 months ago the last time I played. I get ranked at Gold II after my placement matches, then proceed to spend 5 games getting dominated by people much more skilled than I am. Then once I drop to Gold IV, I'm in my zone, but it's too easy. So I'll be top of the leaderboard 90% of the time, and get bumped back up to Gold II real quick. It's easy to see how borked things are when you look at the scoreboard, you'll have one or two people in the team with almost all of the kills, and then the rest of the guys sitting at the bottom of the scoreboard with barely anything.

Rinse and repeat ad infinitum. So I have this horrible situation where games are far too easy (but fun, since I get to pop lots of heads) or they're far too difficult (my head gets popped and I do nothing every round cause I get insta-headshotted).

I've made this salty argument before, but Rocket League is the one ranked system I've played that nails it. There's enough skill brackets involved where you always feel like the people you're matched against are of equal level, and wins / losses are easy to analyse and see where you did good / bad. Wins / losses feel fair. But R6? Either you curbstomp, or you are the one who gets curbstomped. Feels bad.

Casual is out of the question, cause that's more often than not full of ridiculously skilled people who just mop the floor with you. That being said, I loving love this game. I just wish I could get well and truly hooked to it.

I'm sorry if this comes off as controversial, but there's a skill bracket between Gold II and Gold IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

2 maps. :allears:

• Locked thread