Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Previous thread is outdated, game came out 1 year ago and is about 200+ pages. Time to move on. Thanks Keket! Old thread is located here.

Lord Chanka posted:

Hello recruitz and velcome to Tom Clancy'z Rainbow Six: Siege Thread #dva.

Vhat iz it?
Siege iz :airquote: semi-realistic yolo 5vs5 FPS shootmen simulation developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Choose op to 20+ tovarishes with ich ovn onique abilitiez and make motherland proud in variouz ATK vz DEF gamemodez.

Round alvayz startz in Prreparation phase where ATK heaz to find objectivez using ground drronez while DEF set op defensez. (Barricadez, vall rreinforcement, imparing gadgetz etc.)
Eahz yolo parte impliez, you only have one life per round so be smart blyat. Once deade, you can still be useful and have access to observation toolz of your team (Dronez for ATK, Cameraz for DEF) Use microphonez comrades.

Thiz game heaz extremely fast Time To Keell and iz brutally unforgeeving. Did i mention any bollet to голова killz you instantly?
/

-- The Art of Siege --
Siege created it's own system of procedural destruction where different types of calibre will affect the various destructible surfaces differently.
A lot of Operators have their gadget's utility based around that principle. you also might want to invest in a decent pair of headphones.

-- Operators --
The bread and butter of Siege. Vanilla released with 20 ops divided into 5 CTUs. You start as a Recruit but will be able to buy them with either Renown or R6 Credits.
Once you unlock an operator, you automatically have all his/her assigned weapons and gadgets unlocked.

FBI posted:

• [ATK] Thermite: Carries Exothermic charges capable of breaching reinforced walls.
  • [ATK] Ash: Fires an explosive breach round that burrows into a surface and automatically detonate.
  • [DEF] Castle: Sets bulletproof barricades, more resistant than standard ones.
  • [DEF] Pulse: Detect heartbeats at a distance through obstacles.

GIGN posted:

• [ATK] Montagne: Carries ''Le Rock'' an extendable shield that fully covers his front and sides.
  • [ATK] Twitch: Uses Shock drones to destroy gadgets or injure tangos.
  • [DEF] Doc: Carries Hypodermic needles that (over)heal & revive himself and/or allies.(Even tangos)
  • [DEF] Rook: Drops a supply bag of armor plates.

GSG9 posted:

• [ATK] IQ: Wears purple shoes and carries an electronics detector that ..detect electronics through surfaces.
  • [ATK] Blitz: Oversized ears, listens to dubstep while blinding people with his flash ballistic shield.
  • [DEF] Bandit: Does drugs and has car batteries to electrify reinforced walls, barbedwire or deployable shields.
  • [DEF] Jäger: Deploy small Trophy systems that intercepts and destroys incoming projectiles such as your mom.

SAS posted:

• [ATK] Sledge: Uses a Breaching Hammer to break through destructible surfaces
  • [ATK] Thatcher: Uses EMP grenades to disable fookin laser sights.
  • [DEF] Mute: Has signal disrupters that jams enemies drones or breach devices within range.
  • [DEF] Smoke: Sleeps in his nest of beauties with his toxic babes. He uses mustard gas basically.

SPETNAZ posted:

-- Seasons --
Aside from the multiple patches mid seasons, Siege released 4 FREE Seasonal major DLCs it's first year. So far each DLC contained 2 new operators, a new map, new game features, customizations and much more.
Y1

Y2

quote:

• S01 Black Ice Introduced: JTF2 operators Buck & Frost, Yatch map and the Spectator Cam
  • S02 Dust Line Introduced: NAVY SEALS operators Valkyrie & BlackBeard and the Border map.
  • S03 Skull Rain Introduced: BOPE operators Caveira & Capitão and the Favela map.
  • S04 Red Crow Introduced: SAT Operators Hibana & Echo and the SkyScaper map.
    Year2
  • S05 Velvet Shell Introduced: GEO Operators Jackal & Mira and the Coastline map.
  • S06 Health Ubi removed the Polish season from the roadmap in order to fix some poo poo.
  • S07 Blood Orchid Introduced: SDU Operators Ying & Lesion, GROM Operator Ela and the Theme Park map.
  • S08 South Korea TBA

Since we're on the DLC subject let's talk about...
:homebrew: Business model.

quote:

First things first, this game is in no way pay to win. The only things you can buy with real money are cosmetics.
Every DLC that released so far included both a FREE map and 2 new operators available to everyone whether they have the SeasonPass* or not.

R6 handles 3 kinds of currency listed below. 90% of the stuff can be bought with either Renown or R6 Credit, however, some cosmetic set items are only available by spending your hard earned cash.
  1. Renown: The main ingame resource, It serves as the main currency to buy pretty much anything in the game from operators to skins. You will gain renown by playing the game and completing challenges.
  2. R6 Credits: R6 bucks are a currency that you cannot earn by playing and must buy with real life moneyz. It will always cost fewer R6bucks than Renown to buy something. R6bucks packages are available in the SHOP tab.
  3. Real currency: Found in the Digital Content under the SHOP tab, those cosmetic items are exclusively available with real life currency.

Wheres my single player? Where are my tacticool Ai that I can command at will? posted:

It's not there :frogout: Ubi took some liberties with the brand. Siege is first and foremost a multiplayer game but there is 4 solo/coop mode for you to battle eAI.
There's also 11 Situations with specific objectives to give you Siege basics.

:goon: Play with Goons!

quote:

PC: Separated mostly into 2 crews. Both are pretty chill, pick your poison.
The game has been out for a while, people are playing other great games so hang out in the channels, be patient and it will fill eventually.
Goons are usually pretty chill when it comes to newblood so don't be shy. (you are adorable and your mistakes are hilarious)

Consoles: Post in the thread i guess:shrug: Getting invited by someone will probably open to their friends' list.

ESPORTS READY IMIRIGHT? Well yes, indeed you are right. Rainbow6 has partnered up with ESL for all their esports needs. Don't expect CS:GO /DOTA numbers but it's still doing well.
As of Year2, Ubisoft announced that they will be dropping proleague from XB and focus exclusively on PC. Consoles, however, have been introduced to major leagues.

quote:

ESL Portal
Info on Year 2 PC pro league and Consoles major league

Check your stats here you tryhards.
Watch the Season3 PC finals ->HERE<- It was :frogsiren:

How does Ranked MMR works.

The Editions.

quote:

Standard Edition:
The good ol' game as it released. It still currently hold as your normal AAA full price title but comes on sale rather often.

Gold Editions:
Year1 Includes the Standard Edition + Season Pass Year1**
Year2 Includes the Standard Edition + Season Pass Year2**

Complete Edition
Includes the full game + Season Pass year 1&2

Starter Edition: (~15$ USD) (PC only for now, Consoles haven't been announced.)
The Starter Edition is not always available. Its history shows that it come and goes as it loving pleases.
It is the complete full game at 15$ USD and you can play with anyone and everyone. The only difference is that the Renown unlocks price for operators are sky high.
For a full F.A.Q check here

**Season Pass: (~30$ USD) (Year 2 currently live, Year1 is not available as a standalone anymore.)
Why the poo poo should I buy the season pass when everything is available to anyone?
Welp, it saves you a lot of grinding and toss in some exclusive bonuses listed below.
  • All DLC operators unlocked and you have a 7 days exclusive early access when they release.
  • A bunch of exclusive customization (weapon skins, charms, headgears etc)
  • 600 Rainbow6 Credits
  • 5% permanent Renown bonus at the end of each match.
  • 10% discount on any content that costs either Renown or R6 Credits
  • 2 extra challenges slots.

:question: MISC. :question:

Youtubers posted:

WTF i died how did he knew i was there? I'm so mad at this video game! posted:

Theres half a dozen reasons why he knew you were there. Whether it be camera/drone spotting, the noise you made, map knowledge, your rear end being predictable, prefire or just sheer luck.
Play smart, learn from your mistakes and for the love of Lord Chanka don't cry over the mic when you die. You're dead, nothing will change that but you can still be productive, watch your killcam and communicate who and where is whatever killed you.

PC Hacking countermeasures posted:

PC hacking used to be a big deal up until Season3 when BattlEye got introduced as a clientside. While there are still hackers out there, their numbers got reduced drastically.
Fairfight is still enabled as the serverside cheat anti measure.

I bought this game on release and it was literally unplayable. Why should i reinstall? posted:

Well this game is not perfect and still require some love, however, the devs are very committed and have shown this by improving on stuff like what you plebs like to call ''netcode'', fixing thousands of bugs, adding a clientside anti-cheat, new content such as but not limited to: operators, maps, modes, gadgets, customization and a lot of quality of life changes.

Is this game dead? posted:

Nope.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
:firstpost:
Reserved for tips, screenshots or whatever comes to mind, if any of you want to contribute that'd be awesome.

[PROTIPS]
  • This game has friendly fire! It's equally hilarious(casual) and infuriating (ranked) so be careful or be an rear end, your choice really.
  • Watch (Don't skip you poo poo) the 3 tutorials videos to teach you the very basics of Siege. It will also give some some renown for you to unlock an operator or some attachments.
  • Speaking of attachments, invest ASAP on a foregrip, sight and barrel.
  • Play the situations. Again, it is a good way to learn the basics and yet another way to grab some quick renown.
  • One shot one kill. Headshots are usually a big deal in any FPS however, it stands especially true in Siege as ANY bullet to the head will kill you. The sooner you incorporate this into your playstyle the better.
  • While ingame, bring up the Uplay overlay (CTRL+F2) and click on the Challenges tab to complete weekly challenges and earn more renown (also Uplay club points lol)
  • Don't say "over there" for Satan's sake use the ping function to mark where your crosshair is. (Z / D-PAD Left by default)
  • Year1 Operators beginner chart

[OPERATOR TIPS]

Thermite posted:

Ash posted:

Castle posted:

• Avoid fully barricading the objective room.
  • If you or a teammate takes down your barricade it will be refunded in your inventory.
  • It takes 12 melee hits to destroy a reinforced barricade!

Pulse posted:

Montagne posted:

Twitch posted:

Doc posted:

Rook posted:

• Your only job is to drop your armor plates when the round starts, you're free to die after that.

IQ posted:

• IQ's gadget is pretty useful to detect all types of bullshit that the DEF is throwing your way but she's especially good for detecting: Pulse's cardiac sensor, Valkyrie's Black Eye cameras and Echo's cloaked Yokai drone.

Blitz posted:

Bandit posted:

Jäger posted:

Sledge posted:

Thatcher posted:

• You are Thermite/Hibana's lapdog

Mute posted:

• Start the rounds by placing your jammers at chokepoints to stop drones, once prep phase ended pick them back up and jam wherever. Careful of that Twitch drone!

Smoke posted:

• Smoke is the only operator immune to his own gas grenades, yes even if the other SAS operators wear gas masks, get over it.

Glaz posted:

• Glaz's Dragunov is the only rifle that can shoot through and destroy the Presidential Plane's windows.
  • The Dragunov is also the only rifle that can shoot through Castle's reinforced barricades.

Fuze posted:

Kapkan posted:

Tachanka posted:

Buck posted:

BlackBeard posted:

• Windows are your friends as you can safely peek with your rifleshield without exposing the rest of your squishy meat.
  • BB also works wonders with Hibana's murderholes in reinforced walls.

Valkyrie posted:

• Make a hole on top of walls and place a cam in it to cover two rooms at once.
  • Your cams flash bright blue, don't be predictable in your placements.
  • Don't use the tag function, it will alert the ATK that theres a cam nearby, just communicate over voicechat.

Capitão posted:

Caveira posted:

Hibana posted:

Echo posted:

• Yokai's sonic burst will cancel any animation, great for interrupting defuser or breach plants.

Hard fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 18, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Paradigmata posted:

fake e: I might buy an elite skin if Ubi manages to put out a patch for once that doesn't break stuff that has already been fixed at some point or introduce bugs like twitch drone damage + crosshair, that should have been spotted if any person would actually have played her before patch goes live.

It will never happen let's not kid ourselves. You got probated for the Shekels part so i intentionally left that part out.

Jehde posted:

Also that's a pretty good OP. Maybe some suggestions for first operators to try/operators to avoid until you git gud? i.e. Sledge makes a great starter attacker, Rook is an easy defender to play, Castle is usually a bad idea until you really know the maps, same idea for Thermite.

Yeah i was thinking of adding a difficulty rating for each ops with why and how. Will do it at some point. In the meantime the Season03 Operators beginner chart i posted is pretty useful albeit not very user friendly.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Great Beer posted:

Blitz needs a big bold warning that his flash shield affects teammates too. :argh:

Reminds me that theres little to no mention of friendly fire which is kind of a big deal in this game.

Major Isoor posted:

Nice OP, Hard. Actually hadn't thought of the "Make a hole on top of walls and place a cam in it to cover two rooms at once" Valk trick you posted, somehow - even after playing her a reasonable amount over my couple hundred hours of playtime on this...

Yeah i kinda figured this one out by myself and people are always like whoa. Weirdly enough they tend to stay alive too.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
my kinda ape said it all.

WhatDo posted:

So I bought the season 2 pass and got 600 renown and was all good and happy. But then someone told me that I should have gotten 1200 for s2 pass since I own s1 pass.

Now I'm still good and happy, but hoping I qualify for another 600 renown windfall. Any truth to this?

This is true, contact ubi support as it seems to be an issue right now.

https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The pass grants you several instant benefits beginning November 29th, including a free Obsidian Weapon Skin if you purchase the Year 2 Pass before February 7th, 2017. Additionally, if you owned the Year 1 Season Pass, you will receive a bonus 600 R6 Credits on top of the 600 that comes with the Year 2 Pass.

IceOrb posted:

Well this was definitely not the case in Seasons 1 and 2 as it was the source of endless hilarity when said person lost their plat a few days before the season closed out and didn't get the reward as a result.

Season 3 seems to have be the change to that if what he says is true.

This is a new feature with season4 yeah. It was mentioned at some point in the patchnotes.

Ularg posted:

For page 1 readers, this is the best game that we all hate but can't stop playing. It's good, get it and come join us.

Also oh man and I finally got used to sifting through the board to find the old thread buried several pages under. Now we got a new thread. :toot:

Hum you know you can subscribe to threads by checking the star icon at the very top left and then quick access them in the User Control Panel TAB.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 2, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ularg posted:

Hey Hard, can you pass the message along to those responsible that I love the Uplay weekly challenges? I can't really put my finger on why, I just really love completing them and I love the little shield charm I got this week.

And also a thank you to everyone there because Siege got me over my competitive shooter anxiety and now I love the poo poo out of single-life matches with really clutch plays.

Glad you like the reward man, i personally wish the challenges were a bit more diverse than kill X but hey theres more important things out there.

SatelliteCore posted:

Anyone think it is a little hosed up to give an employee control of the thread?

No offense, just kinda weird.

None taken really.
I doubt you'll find a post coming from me that tries to ignore or defend issues. ( I've seen what happened in the Wildstar thread)
You won't see me break NDA either.

I'm here to talk about a game that i love, post public info and make sure whatever hosed up poo poo you guys got are properly logged in our database.

I also got a pretty thick skin considering the amount of poo poo this thread can get and that 1/3 of the replies are ''Hard this game should be like [X]''

but If anyone wants the thread and plan on updating it really be my guest.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ularg posted:

The only challenge I found annoying was the Gadget/Melee kills, because I just never get them. People know by now to run the gently caress away from C4. Impact nades get you killed if you use them in straight combat. And I can count on 0 fingers the numbers of times I've gotten an honest to god melee kill.

God I am so awful at this game. There's way too many games where I go 0 kills 3-5 deaths for this to be enjoyable. People are just way quicker on the draw.

Caveira or Kapkan, ( if they fixed it), or nade ops on ATK. Also if you get ''safe'' dbno s try to get the kill as melee.

As for trades a lot of it is prediction, keep you crosshair at head level and even pre fire if youre not going to stealth. If you encounter someone close-mid range, start shooting hipfire while transitioning to ADS.

Don't kick yourself too hard, you were doing fine the times i played with you man, one day it'll just click.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was going to order it from I think it was the Ubisoft website and saw that the 75% off deal is only for the consoles, with the PC version still full price. Why the hell is this a thing?

tbf PC went on sale about a dozen of time throughout the year while consoles haven't. Don't limit your search to Steam / Uplay man Siege is currently at 50% sale on Humble Bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege

Sion posted:

I bought the starter kit for this a while ago and never really played it. I also watched the SuperBunnyHop video about this game and I have decided to actually put some effort in.

With matchmaking being what it is, I'm a little concerned that if I play with Goons I will get matched up against similarly goony enemies, all of whom will stamp a hole into me. If i play with goons will I just get stomped on by the enemy team in the first 5 second of a match? Is there a big enough pool of players for someone to learn the ropes before moving on to playing with more experienced players?

BunnyHop's video was ok in my book. (Our Brand director tweeted it as being pretty on point.)

As for MM, while its frustrating getting stomped theres a lot to learn in losing if you take the time to understand why you died instead of raging.

Casual will only take your ping/data center and the number of people in your squad for it's matchmaking formula.
Ranked will try its darn best to match you against people of your skill level.

Also yeah, the playerbase is big enough but depending on the time of day and composition of your squad you might get matchmaked against the same team twice in a row.

Foehammer posted:

I still maintain that Castle's value increases 10x if he saves his barricades until:
a) There is less than ~1 minute on the clock
b) There are only 1 or 2 players left on the enemy team

This is a good Castle advice.
After a while you learn to know which operator carries what. Gadgets callouts play a huge part in the strategy.
Keep a castle or 2 until later in the round to completely block access or create funnel routes.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 3, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Gamerofthegame posted:

fyi post more videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za3uHI8tm3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bDyT3W1MCk

This is us every other night.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I heard something about S4 weapons not being taken into accounts when it comes to challenges. It's been a while like back when Red Crow launched so could have been fixed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't like stated above.

Oh cool they decided to post it :)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
0.5% are diamond.

Para: Bragging rights means nothing.

Intuition over stats and facts. You sound like my girlfriend Para :psyduck:

e: I guess what I'm saying is, Para you're genuinely really good at this dumb game. Might alter your perception. That or EU are bad because we can still get hosed while playing against plats in US.

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 6, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Every single one of those things and more

Pretty much this.

A thing I've brought up to the sound guys is to be able to differentiate an ATK using his drone from a DEF going on cam. It's the same sound and i'm always like '' hum guys, did any one of you just went on cams/drone?''

Another thing to the pile i guess.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Hard, make player dialog audible for both sides so we can hear IQ scream at the top of her lungs about how she's got her scanner out.

Hehe. As mentioned already it used to be like that until season1 i think? Great fun to hear pulse yells out his gadget deployment on the other side of the wall.

On current topic:

My comms when i die are always like this: [Rage/Swear in french] -> [Apologies for raging] -> [Actual info on how i died]

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Have been having some pretty annoying connection problems, get disconnected from matches (uplay servers down) while friends keep playing etc. also getting in a squad is a massive chore. Any easy solutions?

What comes to mind first is NAT type : Open
Also the usual uplay ports forwarded in your router could help.

Speaking of headphones, I personally think it's worth investing a bit in them. If you don't roll your fat dxracer on the wire too often they should last a while.
I use a pair of HyperX's Cloud II (with custom R6 side panels mind you). I can hear your magnificent mouthbreathing in glorious simulated 7.1.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Please don't invest anything in ~gaming~ audio or furniture. Also please fix your game Hard, my friend's HyperX Cloud II is still not being recognized by the game.
:rip: Fair enough, video game is not worth a migraine.

My gaming chair is awesome. Well adjusted, comfortable and sturdy. Also my headphones works just fine so it's not my problem. Fix your friend :colbert:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Player 1 says something over VOIP
Sound comes out of Player 2's speaker
Player 2's mic picks up audio from the speakers and transmits game audio and/or voip whenever Player 2 hits their PTT key.

I've noticed the further from release you look the less popular Glaz is, it took a while but I think people eventually realised that you can't just be the dead-weight sniper every game.

If the game wasn't oneshot-headshot i'm fairly sure we would see a shitton more of 'Main Glaz''

e: ffffffff Quote != EditReply

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Wow rude :(

Seriously though, this microphone problem is the least decipherable problem I have encountered in a while, albeit I suspect that his OS might be hosed up a wee bit. Although, apparently there's plenty of Russians complaining about VoIP accessibility.

Is Siege the only game he has issues ? ( If that's the case sending me his DXdiag wouldn't hurt.)

They were gift when we shipped the game so about 500+ devs are using/used them and I never heard someone mentioning they didn't work.

Granted i didn't engage in this topic with everybody but at one point everyone was using them to play Siege.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
weird AF, my mic is working fine and I've never had any issues. :/

[insert mumble > discord joke] but are you talking about ingame voice?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Christ no wonder.

Front panel can be really bad for audio especially if you got a cheap case as it uses an extra (often cheap) wire to connect to your sound card.

Front panel should be a phone charger and that's about it :p

e: VV yeeeah the MP5 is one of my favorite weapon.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 8, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

15% off on gmg if you're ever interested.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-year-2-pass/

IceOrb posted:

I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

:frogon:

e: VV___ :hfive:

Hard fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 8, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
All dem season passes :homebrew:

Bitching aside, i'm just happy that we did something cool enough for people to be willing to support 1 year later.

keyframe posted:

Me and iceorb spent more on your game than every other goon in this thread combined yet you still don't come play with us on discord, Hard. :smith:

Serious talk, i should spend some time with you guys.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
buy bf1 + headphones man, you can't grind those.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Captn Kurp posted:

I hate to be "that guy" but I'd love an "examine weapon" action. I'm also "that guy" who went back to CS:GO when they added weapon skins.

You're not the only one requesting this.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Glove custo is a pretty dope idea considering it is part of the things always in your fov.

e: VVVVV Yeeeeah used to reskin a lot of stuff in TFClassic. Client side only (or custom servers) but monetization wasn't a thing back then.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 8, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/806950458740838400

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Keeping the 360 feature for when you touch one of Bandit's battery where you start convulsing and emptying your mag, because gently caress trigger disciple imiright.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
e: ^^ Exactly

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I'm not so sure I like the weird, 'lower/higher certainty', more accurate, part of the mmr system Since it's based on wins/losses it's essentially just an ELO system, but imagine if chess rankings had a part where the more games you've played the less points you gain/lose per game? That doesn't make sense at all. I'm not sure I entirely understand it though.

For example, if I play the first 100 matches with my goofball friends who are even more terrible than me, the system thinks it has figured my skill out and reduce the uncertainty of my skill evaluation, leading to lower gains/decreases in mmr-points, right? Meaning, once I ditch those losers I'll have a harder time moving up the ranks, because the system thinks it has pinpointed my skill with a low degree of uncertainty (or can the system re-evaluate? Like, oh boy, I sure pegged that dude wrong, he is winning all his matches now! Or is that just each 'season' reset?). Thought experiment: I lose the first 100 matches and win the next 100 matches (massively improving my ability) as I understand this system, that will get ranked lower than winning 100 matches, then losing 100 matches (a massive degradation in your ability). Right?

In the end it seems like this means that if you want to move up the ranks, you shouldn't play with newbies or bad friends, because it will literally make it harder for you to move up the ranks at a later point (even if your actual, real, skill doesn't change). If that is the case, then the system massively emphasizes playing with good players, "rewarding" (I know rank is not a reward) that play style even more than these types of games usually, and already, do (teamwork OP!). Realistically, you'll contribute 20% to your wins/losses, while other players contribute 80%, over enough games those 20% will be the deciding factor, but that only really holds true if you're playing solo, and if you're getting less and less points, depending on how well you did initially, doesn't that sorta gently caress the system up?

The system attributed your initial rank based on the performance your team had in the placement matches yes but will constantly reevaluate depending on your streak and who you play against. Using 100 matches as an example is kind of intense since theres no way you're going to lose/win 100 games in a row. ( Unless you're that guy on reddit who aimed for copper1) Having bad placement matches won't ''stain'' your progression forever if you prove the system wrong by winning your next ranked matches.

You said it yourself the Ranks are not meant to act as rewards but more to ensure that you are in the right bracket and have fun ''fair'' matches against equally skilled players. If you're in squad with your friends while you being more skilled won't drag you down much since the system will try to match you against a fair group composed of your tryhard alterego and 4 other scrubs counterparts. Your copper friends won't have fun being matched against a 5-man plats squad as much as the plats won't really enjoy steamrolling your squad. (Well maybe but that's not manageable yet)

I do believe that everyone improves at their own pace and that a team with good comms can work wonders but if you feel like your internet buddies are a hindrance in your ascension to internet fame&glory then yeah, tell them to git gud or ditch them and queue solo.

Also to be noted that next season shouldn't hard reset like it did for season4. This was a major change and the reset was necessary but unless a major flaw has been found you should expect a soft reset like the previous seasons.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

God drat it Strangelove what I'm i suppose to look at :saddowns:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/807321096278122496

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 9, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
tbf he was probably the drunkest of us all.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Someone mentioned a few pages back about drone "hide and seek" in the objective room after it's already been found and i've never really thought about that much myself until i saw it happen every time in all the public matches i was playing.

I understand the need for points is great but what are you going to accomplish besides that? The game has been out long enough that people know all the spots where drones can hide in so it's not like you can keep one in a place and constantly keep the defenders positions updated, at least not for very long before the drone just gets shot. Perhaps this doesn't happen as often in Ranked but i don't normally play that anyway since i'm usually squadless.

Speaking of which goddamn Hard hurry up and fix this matchmaking issue. I got my friend to play this game with me and while i was training him up in T-Hunt we kept getting disconnected from each other :arghfist::sigh:

Points are really just bragging rights ( and sweet MVP animation if you have an elite skins) when you think about it especially now that MMR calculates team's W/L over them.

I'd tend to favor hide and seek but at the same time you will lose your first drone as soon as you toss your second one which for me is quite early in the game. I think the best of both worlds would be to position your first drone near the entry point you're planning on using this way you can jump back on it to make sure it's safe to go in, pick it back up and have 2 drones for the remaining of the round.

Also as far as broke MM i got no idea, it happened during the weekend but i can tell you that every time the servers are acting weird 24/7 theres someone looking into it within the first minutes if the anomaly. The acknowledgement to the community takes longer because the people handling the social aspect of the game aren't techs/progs who have the servers' status hooked to their phone/computers.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/808354019668295680

Live at 15:00 EST ( that's like in an hour atm)
https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6
https://www.youtube.com/ubisoft

and before you ask, no I'm not there but I'm tempted to bomb it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ah, so there is just no YouTube stream. Fantastic, I've just been sitting there on the stream page on YouTube. Good job, as usual!

aw i just copy pasted what Justin sent me :(

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Because level designers and artists are also handling out the rest of the game's scope.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Did they extra promise pinky swear that lighting isn't going to be garbage this time?

:cry:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Tachanka is now an invincible spawn killer.

You're welcome.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Great Beer posted:

Speaking of spawn killing, was anything done about the lovely Christmas trees spawn on Kafe?

What about it ?

Basticle posted:

I cant wait to not see him through a window

Cmon now we said it's fixed. :mmmhmm:

Hard fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Then my game crashed.

Oh you found the hidden extra buff already.

Draxion posted:

Just had a match where the attacking Glaz downed the hostage, the hostage bled out, and then the attackers won. Is something iffy going on there?

Hmmm will investigate on that one thanks.

e: In case you'd like a summary on how the stream went yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8wg0HK6Xc

Hard fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 13, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

oh la ferme :p The feature works*

probably

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

That's a weird assumption to make however the suggestion part is noted ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
The dubstep is Siege.

e: VV :golfclap:

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 16, 2016

• Locked thread