Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I should watch Bolt again. I remember it making me cry in the theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Andorra posted:

Prince of Egypt is the best non-3D, non-Disney, animated movie. Tell me I'm wrong.

I always liked Road to El Dorado more, but Prince of Egypt owns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Disney has been on a loving roll since Wreck-It-Ralph.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

sportsgenius86 posted:

Disney has been on a loving roll since Wreck-It-Ralph.

You spelt The Princess and the Frog wrong

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Andorra posted:

Prince of Egypt is the best non-3D, non-Disney, animated movie. Tell me I'm wrong.

It's really really good. I just have this nostalgic bias toward Secret of NIMH and American Tail

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Andorra posted:

You are clearly wrong because the actual answer is Ralph Bakshi's tits-and-Hitler filled PG film Wizards.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

a neat cape posted:

It's really really good. I just have this nostalgic bias toward Secret of NIMH and American Tail
I actually never saw the original American Tail, we only had Fivel Goes West which is good in its own ways including having Jimmy Stewart's last movie performance :smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Shadow Hog posted:

Haven't yet seen The Good Dinosaur

I regret seeing it. Like a fourth direct to video release of a franchise by DreamWorks bad.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Macys posted:

I regret seeing it. Like a fourth direct to video release of a franchise by DreamWorks bad.

Was it Land Before Time 4 or greater bad?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Strangely enough, I've only ever seen the first one.

And only the first two Neverendings Story.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Having to babysit my brother's kids has recently allowed me to catch up on some Disney stuff I'd previously missed out on, both new and old.

Zootopia - This was pretty good, I rather enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to expect when I'd initially heard it was a furry version of Fargo meets Resident Evil.
Frozen - It was good, but I think it suffers a bit from being overhyped. I was morbidly amused by the suicidal snowman.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Holy poo poo! This is probably one of the darkest Disney films I've ever seen. Good stuff, though.
Finding Nemo - Good movie.
Finding Dory - Also a good movie.
Home - Not a Disney movie, but it was okay.
The opening of Tarzan and most of the beginning and ending of Inside Out - These were good, but I need a chance to actually sit down and watch them in their entirety at some point.

I want to see Moana at some point, but I'm mostly just looking forward to Wreck-It Ralph 2.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Mister Macys posted:

I also didn't like The Good Dinosaur.

Kubo was quite good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I'm just racist against talking dinosaurs. :shrug:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

W.T. Fits posted:

Zootopia - This was pretty good, I rather enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to expect when I'd initially heard it was a furry version of Fargo meets Resident Evil.

Where in the blue gently caress did you hear this explanation from? I can't even parse how those things would plug into each other.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Small-town cops in over their head on a case that's connected to a huge corporate conspiracy?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't forget the mysterious agent that turns (predator) citizens into ravening beasts!

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I'd prefer to think of it as a furry version of 48 Hrs, but if we're gonna go with that description of the film, then who's Wesker in this scenario?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mister Macys posted:

Don't forget the mysterious agent that turns (predator) citizens into ravening beasts!

Cooked up by the white ram

Walter and Jesse

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

Small-town cops in over their head on a case that's connected to a huge corporate conspiracy?

But the small town cop wasn't in over her head...

and can we please stop calling it a furry version of anything

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
p sure zootopia is just chinatown

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Does the word chinatown sound weird to anyone else, like chinaman?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please keep my disney movie discussions rated G for Parental Guidance thanks

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Looks like the next Disney movie is an adaptation of Jack and the Beanstalk.

I've never really cared about that story so that kinda sucks, Wreck it Ralph 2 is first tho

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know another Disney movie that never gets talked about? Recess: School's Out, its pretty decent for what it is; good voice acting, nice little coming of age story, and a soundtrack from the late 60s.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

achillesforever6 posted:

You know another Disney movie that never gets talked about? Recess: School's Out, its pretty decent for what it is; good voice acting, nice little coming of age story, and a soundtrack from the late 60s.

Was that direct to video or did that have a theatre release?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Where in the blue gently caress did you hear this explanation from? I can't even parse how those things would plug into each other.
I won't even stand for something being compared to Fargo unless it has a wood chipper

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Was that direct to video or did that have a theatre release?
IIRC it had a short theatrical release, made more of a profit than Atlantis at the time

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

What's the raddest Disney movie featuring a magic lamp?

The Ducktales Movie

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved A Goofy Movie and was disappointed by An Extremely Goofy Movie. One time in 6th grade we watched Land Before Time in music class and I cried when Littlefoot's mother died and people laughed at me and one other time in that music class I kicked a guy in the face, mostly by accident. An Extremely Goofy Movie just didn't have the same punch, with anything. I felt like the whole thing only had 2 jokes in it, and the rest was just noise.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I loved A Goofy Movie and was disappointed by An Extremely Goofy Movie. One time in 6th grade we watched Land Before Time in music class and I cried when Littlefoot's mother died and people laughed at me and one other time in that music class I kicked a guy in the face, mostly by accident. An Extremely Goofy Movie just didn't have the same punch, with anything. I felt like the whole thing only had 2 jokes in it, and the rest was just noise.

All these things seem about right.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

I love this post because it is like one of my posts.

Discussion about the topic, completely unrelated anecdotes, closing out on discussion about the topic.

Don't change. :allears:

Goof Troop was pretty good.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

mdxi posted:

Moana is incredible, and the Bowie glam-rock crab song is incredible.

It's also a groundbreaking animation squence -- I certainly can't think of another blacklight psychedelic crab-based Disney scene.

My wife had to pee so she missed this whole sequence. When she got back I told her she probably just missed the best part of the movie and I was right.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Thirsty Girl posted:

What's the raddest Disney movie featuring a magic lamp?

The Ducktales Movie

As someone that video taped three years of that show with two younger brothers, you're wrong.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I just ended up rewatching Big Hero 6 since it was up on Netflix. Movie still owns, the physical comedy with Baymax is some really good stuff.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I really intensely disliked Big Hero 6, but I think that's just because I hate the "hackerspace LOL" romaticization of science and couldn't get over that aspect.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does the Kim Possible movie count as a real Disney movie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Extremely Goofy Movie is what I grew up with and what I associated with college until probably the 7th grade.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Extremely banked a little hard on the "amuse the adults" angle, as well as the "I don't know what's going on in the plot but Goofy fell down and let some curtains on fire, ha ha ha!" angle and if you were 14 when it came out, well, gently caress you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Goofy movie was where I felt it was time to permanently move to anime and video games. God, I loving came to hate that series. It felt like what a suit thought "the kids" were into "these days".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

a neat cape posted:

Does the Kim Possible movie count as a real Disney movie

I suppose it depends if you count the straight to video sequels as real Disney movies.

Were any of those movies worth a watch?

• Locked thread