Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Mary Poppins is still one of the best damned movies ever created. Pure spectacle and the LotR of its day in technical achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:allears:

Jenner posted:

:yeah:

I like to contest that "Be A Man" is a villain song because the real enemy in Mulan is the patriarchy.

Mulan has some issues but it's real good.

Wasn't it banned in China, too because of its message?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 6, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Shadow Hog posted:

Haven't yet seen The Good Dinosaur

I regret seeing it. Like a fourth direct to video release of a franchise by DreamWorks bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Strangely enough, I've only ever seen the first one.

And only the first two Neverendings Story.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I'm just racist against talking dinosaurs. :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't forget the mysterious agent that turns (predator) citizens into ravening beasts!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Thirsty Girl posted:

What's the raddest Disney movie featuring a magic lamp?

The Ducktales Movie

As someone that video taped three years of that show with two younger brothers, you're wrong.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Goofy movie was where I felt it was time to permanently move to anime and video games. God, I loving came to hate that series. It felt like what a suit thought "the kids" were into "these days".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CrashCat posted:

It was pretty and sounded good but the plot was a real headscratcher. But then so was the original kinda

Yeah, you kinda have to watch the entire movie to really get it, but once you do, it's relatively simple;

Clu believes he is nearing completion of his original mandate ("create the perfect system"), and now wants to execute this programming on the real world as well. Clu also runs Bartertown Tron City, and has run Flynn out of town.
But he can't get out unless he has Creator access, and he can't find Flynn. And even if he had him, the gate isn't open.
Clu needs to bait another User to come in (opening the gate for a while), and lead him to Flynn, solving both problems.
It is apparently very hard to send messages out compared to programming or message input from the outside, so the best he could do was ring Captain Sheridan's pager.
Sam Flynn just wants to know what happened to his dad, and upon finding him, will do anything to get him out of the simulation.

Adventure ensues. :iia:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 12, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It might have been the time they were doing the "expanded media" bullshit games have been doing too, with additional story content explained in games and comics.

Supposedly, Clu wasn't merely executing his programming to the logical extreme, but was ~*corrupted*~ to evil instead. :jerkbag:
But going strictly by the movie, a lot of poo poo is a mystery until a good halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:agreed:

• Locked thread