Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Having to babysit my brother's kids has recently allowed me to catch up on some Disney stuff I'd previously missed out on, both new and old.

Zootopia - This was pretty good, I rather enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to expect when I'd initially heard it was a furry version of Fargo meets Resident Evil.
Frozen - It was good, but I think it suffers a bit from being overhyped. I was morbidly amused by the suicidal snowman.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Holy poo poo! This is probably one of the darkest Disney films I've ever seen. Good stuff, though.
Finding Nemo - Good movie.
Finding Dory - Also a good movie.
Home - Not a Disney movie, but it was okay.
The opening of Tarzan and most of the beginning and ending of Inside Out - These were good, but I need a chance to actually sit down and watch them in their entirety at some point.

I want to see Moana at some point, but I'm mostly just looking forward to Wreck-It Ralph 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm babysitting my brother's kids and we're watching Zootopia right now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

The Aladdin ones were pretty good.

I mean, Return of Jafar kinda wasn't, in retrospect - it was a pilot for the TV show, and that fact is kind of glaring - but I definitely recall liking King of Thieves a lot. They even squeezed in the unused reprise of "Arabian Nights" from the first Aladdin to give the whole universe some closure.

I dunno, it's been years since I saw it, but I felt like Return of Jafar was okay. Plus it was cool how Jafar was able to turn the "genies can't kill people" rule into a rather chilling threat.

"You'd be surprised at what you can live through."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just saw Moana. Good stuff.

The "Shiny" sequence was visually amazing, but as far as the songs went, I preferred "You're Welcome."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I've never been bothered by this. Their hair, eyes, skin tone, wardrobe and voices are enough for me to distinguish them from each other. The fact that their faces are mostly the same general shape (rounded chin, prominent cheeks, small nose) just isn't really something I notice unless it's pointed out to me, and even when it is, I have trouble really caring about it.

I do understand why it bothers other people, it's just not something I feel is worth getting upset over. :effort:

Also, I have no idea who the girl in the third shot is. I really need to get around to watching Big Hero 6 one of these days. Probably try tomorrow since I'm stuck on babysitting duty for my brother's kids again.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

I know this is the Disney thread but are there any Dreamworks movies other than Dragon 1 that are good?

Kung Fu Panda is pretty good, and I've heard good things about the sequels.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't get to watch Big Hero 6, but I did get to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and can confirm that it is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Everybody needs a laughin' place and a kindly black man of their own

Too bad that dude keeled over right after the movie came out, Walt Disney talked about him like he wanted to make the man a movie star. Would've been neat.

Apparently, he won an Honorary Academy Award "for his able and heart-warming characterization of Uncle Remus, friend and story teller to the children of the world in Walt Disney's Song of the South." He was the first black man to ever win an Academy Award, though he died shortly after receiving it.

• Locked thread