Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Let's focus less on "Disney" and more on the real greats. Movies like Zootopia, Robin Hood, Secret of NIHM, Cats don't Dance. . . . uhhhh, other movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I really intensely disliked Big Hero 6, but I think that's just because I hate the "hackerspace LOL" romaticization of science and couldn't get over that aspect.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

My mother has placed an inflatable, light-up Olaf in front of the house as her primary Christmas decoration.

I don't think Disney sticking to one style for years at a time is harmful, even with some characters' faces slotting over each other like a tracing. It forces them to distinguish the characters by movement and personality instead of facial structure. Even though Elsa and Anna have identical faces, you' ll never see them produce the same silhouette simply because of how differently they carry themselves. Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel could slot over each other the same way and they stood out from each other fine.

Edit: I added spoiler tags because this is more a CineD thing. But if we're going that way anyway, then feel free to unspoiler for my take on this increasingly contentious issue.

I disagree because ultimately women boil down to their looks and things like "personality" and "carriage" are basically unwanted side-effects.

So, to truly represent the feminine spectrum, rather than present women as being different people, we ought present them as different looks.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 15, 2016

• Locked thread