Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Some Disney movies are better than others.

Mulan loving rules. Not even Eddie Murphy could ruin it (though he did do his best.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Raskolnikov posted:

Zootopia is good

yes I am gay

Well, that's my review.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I approve of this review.

I, too, am gay

Are you guys meaning to imply that being gay has something to do with you liking Zootopia?

Being gay doesn't make you like Zootopia being a furry does.

But Zootopia was alright and I'm bi.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
/\/\

I thought it was okay and Keith David kills it.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Zootopia is amazing and IMHO Walt Disney Animation Studio is in a new new golden age ever since The Princess & The Frog. They're honestly leaving Pixar in the dust.

I'd argue that Disney only really started getting this good and stepping up its game because of the quality and challenge Pixar presented. They improved in response to that competition.

I mean, sure Disney is outperforming Pixar now but it helps that they responded to serious competition the same way every rich powerful company does and bought them out and stole all their talent. Effectively crippling them. I'm just glad they seem to be continuing to improve even after they murdered Pixar and removed the need to do so. Perhaps they learned a lesson and see the value in progress and quality? Or that DreamWorks and Illumination are enough to keep them from setting things on auto pilot and going back to sleep in their piles of money again? Who knows.

The crab scene in Moana is the best scene.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Be Prepared is clearly the best villain song. How can there be any contest?

:yeah:

I like to contest that "Be A Man" is a villain song because the real enemy in Mulan is the patriarchy.

a neat cape posted:

Mulan is great and needs more love.

Mulan has some issues but it's real good.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

I regret seeing it. Like a fourth direct to video release of a franchise by DreamWorks bad.

I also didn't like The Good Dinosaur.

Kubo was quite good.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I loved A Goofy Movie and was disappointed by An Extremely Goofy Movie. One time in 6th grade we watched Land Before Time in music class and I cried when Littlefoot's mother died and people laughed at me and one other time in that music class I kicked a guy in the face, mostly by accident. An Extremely Goofy Movie just didn't have the same punch, with anything. I felt like the whole thing only had 2 jokes in it, and the rest was just noise.

I love this post because it is like one of my posts.

Discussion about the topic, completely unrelated anecdotes, closing out on discussion about the topic.

Don't change. :allears:

Goof Troop was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

Edit: I added spoiler tags because this is more a CineD thing. But if we're going that way anyway, then feel free to unspoiler for my take on this increasingly contentious issue.

I disagree because ultimately women boil down to their looks and things like "personality" and "carriage" are basically unwanted side-effects.

So, to truly represent the feminine spectrum, rather than present women as being different people, we ought present them as different looks.

Why not both?

• Locked thread