Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

peter gabriel posted:

You can use it to macro anything, there is a Twitter thing called Tweepi where you follow followers of people and you click follow, they move up so I have a macro to wait a random amount of time then click, I can leave that going all day if needs be

Can you macro posting tane to SA.com ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

hey beer whatup. man this is a lot to unpack. got a challenge for you too buddy - what other fat, worthless community manager ostracizes the people critical of the community in order to protect his herd of retards? haha.

arf was just saying doxxing is bad. that's something you should be able to just say at all times and it's good advice. maybe you should use some of your moderator powers or the respect you've generated by your 'good posting' to guide the community towards agreeing with arf and supporting him in his endeavour to create an environment where doxxing is severely discouraged and those that do doxx wouldn't post it here because the community wouldn't be receptive. hell that's what i'd do.

your inclusion of xaearael confuses me too. sure he's a completely worthless poster, and he responds to me all the time with tedious, unfunny vitriol but honestly all you'd need to do to shut him up would be to do that mod challenge i suggested and have him write me a sincere apology. that would break him, because he's stupid and worthless, but there's no need for probations.

as for me, it's real weird that you focus on my brand of off-topic as something to punish. what about the other countless tangents? animal photos? recipes (i get it!)? conventions? basically 99% of this thread. actually it's not really weird that you'd choose to focus on me when you take into account that you're just a fat, thin skinned space dweeb moulding his community as he sees fit - as is well within his rights.

here's my recipe beer, go gently caress yourself, lol, maybe next time someone comes in here to criticise the community you'll listen to them and start guiding the community instead of eliminating the people rocking the boat

see ya, star citizen thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I just realized after all this time that Marching Powder and Moma were different people. :cool:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Hi I'm Betty Big Tits and I was wondering which forum upgrade to get. I don't have enough time to look myself since I am too busy doing nude webcam shows.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Much like your ship, every cubic inch of the gun's interior will be able to customized with a variety of modules. You can use that space inside the front of the gun to hold a small stealth module or very small passenger module.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

I understand with modern weapons there is a bit of form convergence but look at the sheer variety of firearms out there today. And this is 900 years in the future in the game they can do whatever the gently caress they want.

Their new art shouldn't happen to look like a competitors gun that released last month.

Remember when the vibeleogam Mass Defect had your character using weird looking guns that shot retard particles(tm) instead of bullets?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Don't forget, Chris Roberts wants the bullets individually modeled as they leave the gun barrel. Just loving DO it!

I forgot about that lol.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Jake Acapella from 50 pounds ago.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I just woke up. Did Star Citizen come out yet?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Everyone made money selling jpgs and/or Bitcoins.

FACT

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Everyone said gold was a scam but if you bought gold anytime in the last 30 years you made serious bank.

They are going to say that about Star Citizen when it comes out in 30 years too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Remember that the only 2 things Chris has said "No" to in regards to Star Citizen are cow bacon and the ability to be pulled into and crushed to death in the loading mechanism of a missile launcher as it loads a fully rendered high polygon missile.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

KM Scorchio posted:

I've been looking around online for information on this "Tickled" film and came up with something called "Gay Tickled Asian Twinks 7". Is this the thing you're all watching that is good, cos if so i'm, all over it.

Taint Reaper 2: Tickle Sickle

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Star Citizen: Every System is in Flux

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Booourns posted:

Do you think that this challenge improved the thread and cut down on random off topic shitposting?

Marching Powder posted:

hey beer whatup. man this is a lot to unpack. got a challenge for you too buddy - what other fat, worthless community manager ostracizes the people critical of the community in order to protect his herd of retards? haha.

arf was just saying doxxing is bad. that's something you should be able to just say at all times and it's good advice. maybe you should use some of your moderator powers or the respect you've generated by your 'good posting' to guide the community towards agreeing with arf and supporting him in his endeavour to create an environment where doxxing is severely discouraged and those that do doxx wouldn't post it here because the community wouldn't be receptive. hell that's what i'd do.

your inclusion of xaearael confuses me too. sure he's a completely worthless poster, and he responds to me all the time with tedious, unfunny vitriol but honestly all you'd need to do to shut him up would be to do that mod challenge i suggested and have him write me a sincere apology. that would break him, because he's stupid and worthless, but there's no need for probations.

as for me, it's real weird that you focus on my brand of off-topic as something to punish. what about the other countless tangents? animal photos? recipes (i get it!)? conventions? basically 99% of this thread. actually it's not really weird that you'd choose to focus on me when you take into account that you're just a fat, thin skinned space dweeb moulding his community as he sees fit - as is well within his rights.

here's my recipe beer, go gently caress yourself, lol, maybe next time someone comes in here to criticise the community you'll listen to them and start guiding the community instead of eliminating the people rocking the boat

see ya, star citizen thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Reharakhti posted:

It's still in development, added some ranged stuff last week (not done yet, obviously :P)
https://twitter.com/minionsart/status/804783655717666816

:laffo: if you begin making a joke game and end up a steam early access millionaire.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

That looks like a perfectly bad FPS.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Derek Smart is my Dark Archon.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Remember when CIG just closed all their support tickets because there were so many of them and said that if it was important the person will just make another one?

Good times.

This game has extremely good lore.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Guys, I think we were wrong, I'm buying back in (under a different name so they don't shame me too bad).

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

grimcreaper posted:

On a very serious note... what in the gently caress is with that armor? It looks like absolute poo poo. It's impractical to say the least. I can't even come up with the correct terms to explain how stupid Croberts designs are.

Agreed. It appears to be lacking the crotch ventilation system that Mark Hamil's armor had.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Hey reddit archive this

/´¯/)
/¯/
//
/´¯/''/´¯¯`·¸
/'////¨¯\
('(´´ ¯~/'')
\'/
''\ _.·´
\(
\\

e: gently caress

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Something something, this could be a meaningful star citizen gif.

Stolen from the gif thread

It's balls.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

unit lost

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Tippis posted:

Quite, and that clip is why I'm not just limiting it to space but extend it to all physics. The problem he's having isn't just one of not grasping zero gravity, but of not understanding the very basics of conservation of momentum. Now, I don't know if the UK educational system was particularly horrible in the '70s, but around here, we learn about that core principle in 7th grade (±confusion over what counts as, and the exact order of, a “grade” in various countries).

If he was even remotely as interested in the topic as he claims, he would have grasped what Garriott was saying based on that knowledge alone… and yet, he keeps trying to argue against a man who has actual personal experience with the effects.

It was funny watching the vid of them talking about Sataball. Garriott started talking about the interesting ways the physics could work while Chris nodded along and then said they will travel by firing a grappling hook. Garriott explained that firing a grappling hook forward would push you backwards so then Chris explained that it is a LASER GRAPPLING HOOK and Garriott just let it go at that point.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

lol "just form a union"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Reminder that there is already a thriving cosplay scene for this unreleased game, despite the spaceman armor being refactored on a monthly basis:

I am the guy that licked the dirt off of his lips and ran around the corner.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Tain(t)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

It's great because the :reddit: thread with this is massively upvoted and full of shitizens laughing at it.

'Haha, look at our $140m lovely tech demo which is peppered with game-breaking bugs... hahaha alpha is soo funny isn't it guys? This is amazing. Hahaha I've spent $6000 on this game and when you change a weapon on the ship it sends it flying off into space. haha ha....ha *tears*'

140m is only the equivalent of 600m evil publisher dollars which is still not enough to make a game obv.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

As long as they don't get arrested it doesn't matter what happens. Chris, Sandi, and Co, have prob already grifted 10m+ out.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

"Son, be a citizen" is what dad said to me,

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Holey Moley

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I am the 45 year old man who watched this and sighed because I just wanted to trade and explore.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I agree that it's not right to doxx people

mods???

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

Jesus christ this is just pure delusion and insanity. Yes, CR will wave his magic flesh wand across the screen and suddenly invent a technology that will allow smooth 60 fps no lag gameplay with thousands of people by using "dynamic server clusters" and "instance meshes". Uh-hu.

Chris is a software guy not a hardware guy.jpg

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I am the guy who took a day off from work to watch the Star Citizen stream.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Heres 40 minutes of him ranting. Its magical.

I am the shill that is crestfallen because CIG didn't hire me.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

HKS posted:

Remember when they sold a $2000 ship that can carry 70 players and each will play a separate role and this was all part of a massive MMO and people said yup that's possible?

And then someone was like but I don't have 70 friends? and they said well you can fill it with 69 completely autonomous NPCs that will behave exactly like humans to a degree where you cannot even tell, and people said yup that sounds good?

Some of the smarter people asked 'hey man how is that possible?' and the answer was 'it's Chris Roberts!'.

I remember, just lol man.

Remember how on yesterday's stream Chris explained "progression" where you would want to start without a ship, move to smaller ships, to larger ones, etc. as if they hadn't been selling ships for 4 years for cash undermining the entire retarded speil he just gave?

Also I like how longhair dude can describe Chris's vision better than he himself can and also how you can see Chris's eyes look away when he would use terms Chris didn't know the meaning of.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 17, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sandi "That's a nice new shirt, oh you wore that last time, I'm just reading what's on the teleprompter" Gardner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Regarding LTI, and actually, the whole ships-for-sale thing: what a loving racket. Listening to the dude on that stream talking about how insurance only covers the hull, and you need separate weapons insurance to cover any add-ons. It's a loving video game! The idea that you could lose something forever that you paid for, and have to pay again to replace it, is just exploitative and unnecessary. What if your base ship is blown up and you just have your human? Do you have to buy in with real money to get a new ship?*

My beef isn't with the backers, it's with the money-grubbing fucks who run the show. Don't give them any more money. In fact, take the money back that you've already given them. Yesterday showed you they don't deserve it, and no matter how disposable that income is for you, you worked too hard to give it to these people to waste. gently caress 'em.

*Star Citizen: the only winning move is not to play

Star Citizen is a simulation and not a game. Yesterday on livestream Chairman Chris Roberts said that there will have to be air traffic controllers who direct ships to land, and where they are to stay, also you will only be allowed there for however long you paid for and they can tow your ship if you don't move it.

I am not making this up and you don't understand space simulation development.