Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I predicted this in my blog back in April.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Am open mind is like a fortress with its gates unparped.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, constantly taking screenshots of the people you dislike and watching every single second of hours long livestreams of the game you hate to be able to land the perfect burn about some guys dinner is immensely hosed up. I mean its no surprise it happened in the friday night doxx e-stalking station (and all of this over a videogame), but come on.
Please, stop stalking people online 24/7, doxxing people, sending them death threats, masturbating to spaceships, loling about graphs all friday night. Please, for youre sake. I want the best for you all.

Remember the reddit post where they were talking about Derek's daughter lol.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

ArfJason posted:

No because I dont read the thread, but thats insanely hosed up and should be reported to some authority.
Im still slightly disturbed that because the reddit people do it, people here feel justified to repeat the same condemnable actions.
Remember, just because someone got away with something doesnt mean its ok to do it too.

When did I say any of this lol.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Remember when citizens latched on to Big Benny's because it was funny except they never realized it was just a piece of Korean clip-art lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

I thought they latched onto it because there was absolutely fuckall else to do in the lovely spaceship game they paid $4000 for.

:shrug:

Oh yeah that too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Derek you are better than this.

I think.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Signature good

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

What even kills him there? He drove into a Mario Kart powerup and died?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt you have to copy the same post every page.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

This was me when I was 8 years old and saw Chung Li's thighs.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Remember when a single guy made Xenonauts, an X-COM clone, using the Rootbeer Tapper engine?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

wtfosaurus had alot of confused feelings about the announcement.

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/109403591?t=04h32m50s

I turned on the top SC stream and this happened immediately

https://clips.twitch.tv/captain_richard/WrongWalrusBrainSlug

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The Titanic posted:

So wow. Engine switch. They just entered development hell again, not that they ever left.

I suppose this may be due to a few things:

1: StarEngine was a complete mess, and the only people smart enough to work with it jumped ship a long time ago.
1a: Chris thinks Amazon agents will do all the hard parts now.

2: With crytech going under, nobody on the CIG team was smart enough to further develop their engine.
2a: Amazon will be smart enough to pull CryEngine together again.

3: Bought by Amazon, keeps it secret for now.
3a: Chris can't finish a game without somebody good coming in to save it from him.

In any case, I think it's funny that they changed engines from one flavor of CryEngine to another flavor of CryEngine instead of do something smart like switch to Unreal Engine. But I'm guessing the guys at Epic actually expect developers to do their own work, and since CIG can't handle anything more than basic modding, Amazon suggested they'd be happy to help with engine issues if they use Lumberyard.

I think this move is bad, and I think it's happening primarily because CIG lost all relevant skill, so has no choice but to rely on outside help to save them from themselves. I'm curious how long Amazon will allow their guys to be treated like bitches before they either abort or just buy CIG out and finish the project. I'm surprised Amazon is willing to do this for CIG.

How long until they make Chris Roberts do a promo commercial for Lumberyard where he talks about fidelity.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Lumbryo

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The guy in the upper right said Godus was bad because Peter Molyneux wasn't more involved in it and then he bashed the original Black and White.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Hi I'm an indie developer who just licensed the Star Engine for $40,000 and was wonder how this affect me since support will not respond to me until Jan 3.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Kakarot posted:

nice job, everyone should doxx their parents on Christmas

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I can't believe that creature is real.

Also I hope to see Chris Roberts this weekend in Arena Commander!!!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

AP posted:

You can now give us real money in the store.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

"I need to tighten up the fidelity on mission 3."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Alot of these polished features were built into the Cryengine, so they realy arent spending millions on it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I said that learning Lumberyard would be good for when CIG lets you run your own private Star Citizen server like they said you would be able to.

Someone didn't realize I was joking and said they were really excited about that too.

:smith:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I got a 10 minute mute for saying CIG was bought by Amazon.

e: "if amazon bought CIG they would at least deliver on time LUL"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Come on

Take my little branch

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Star Citizen: Hack(ed) Together

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Remember this shill video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtX8OXPnAu8

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Einbauschrank posted:

If you think about it, the PUA crowd and the shitizens seem like a mostly overlapping Venn diagram. Broken people yearning for approval even though they are failures in every aspect of human beings.

"Fun" aside, these pictures are the very essence of molesting behaviour. Pathetic, yet symptomatic for a shitbag trying to milk the easily impressed. I am, of course, not speaking of Christiano Roberto, but of WTFhuman.

afterthought: CIG shunning WTFhuman might have been their smartest and most humane decision ever.

I don't know why anyone would pay to be mentored by WTFsaurus when you could choose Dimitri the Lover who has a tri-orifice guarantee.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

edited for more stonk.

This never would have happened if she had a stimpire.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If only the rings are spinning why is there gravity on other parts of pot olisar? Do they generate excess gravity and pump it into the other parts of the station?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Kosumo posted:

No different than CiG and the song Full Burn being in their data (PTU 1.3.0 files) that they released and then them saying "oh, someone must have just put that in there", I mean have they ever come out and claimed they commissioned that song or is it just a random song that they have included in their data that they have released commercially without due credit or money given to the artist?

It's obvious that it IS their song that they commissioned (with backers money) but I don't recall them owning up to it being their property - Once again, another time that Chris Roberts and co have been deceptive.

Have I remembered that right about that song or have I got something wrong in that?

Wealth beyond measure, Citizen.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/818127794899128324

presumably based on Derek tweeting about the shill site.

Imagine explaining to someone that your business failed because of a Derek Smart tweet.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

VealCutlet posted:

SC will never use cut scenes or scripted bullshit

wait nvm.

No you see, it reacted to being shot, which the person was not expected to do.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

But then I opened my eyes and lifted my head from my pillow to see if mom had made any food for me yet.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The Skyrim Dragon language was the best because it sounded cool. It was just English with different letters because WHO GIVES A gently caress

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

:laffo: at this guy trying to explain that their communication will incorporate the Vanduul's bio-luminescence except that isn't finalized yet and he doesn't know how it is going to look.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

kilus aof posted:

Yeah. People just couldn't believe that Magic: the Gathering: Online eXchange wasn't a great place to invest your speculation funds.

Is Bitcoin a scam?

No! Bitcoin is not a scam!

To buy Bitcoin use my referral code: rgsfafjafj

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Seriously. Give it another 10 years and I'm pretty sure Dwarf Fortress will have mechanics for launching your Dwarves into space to found space colonies (and then go to war against them in Dwarfdums when they go rogue) and Star Citizen still won't be out.

Mission Control cancels launch: interrupted by carp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sillybones posted:

How long did it take Illfonic to make the FPS? I know when they had showable work in 2014 and 2015 when they were executed out back. When did they start?

All of their work was so seemlessly integrated that no one knows for sure.