Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Weeeeeeee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DapperDon posted:

Here is the thing about that. Chris burned his bridges in Hollywood big time. Look at what Mel Gibson had to do to earn his way back in with the real money people and how long that took. Chris's biggest stigmata is that he fucks the money up every single time with his autistic scope creep. That man cannot stick to a budget to save his life no matter what industry he tries. That is why he went to KS for money because after the poo poo he pulled with Digital Anvil, there was no way in hell any publishers were going to finance a damned thing with his name on it. Hollywood is no different. The only ones that are forgiven for going over budget are the ones that have a history of making up for it once its released. How many times now has Chris tried to make this same goddamned videogame/movie?

Well, decades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK-ggbdklaE&t=258s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DapperDon posted:

Within the first few seconds where he attempts to describe the future of gaming, he started by stating it would be either/or and then continues on to name the rest of the genre in the very next breath while also making sure to include his game.

He does that a lot, so instead of saying a game is a certain thing, the only way he can express it is by saying stuff like 'it's like Star Wars but with Alien in it and then Dune'
The main difference is instead of using them as reference points like most people he is simply relaying a list of poo poo he is going to steal wholesale.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
"So I want it to be like Star Wars here"
*devs work for 6 months making a Star Wars like landscape*
"This is nothing like Star Wars, where is Han Solo and the X Wings and those little loving bears and poo poo?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

I have a train license for engines under 50 tons (Used to work at a chemical factory with its own little railyard) and this things look good enough to be used as a cheap form of early training. Just having people know where everything is before they step up the real train would save lots of time. Hope it turn out to be a good game when it release.

They could do the same with star citizen to help people press <<USE>> and continue

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Never stop being smug.

Hello

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fatkraken posted:

Does it have Blackjack?

And hookers?

I once made a Simple Machines forum and you can indeed get games for them like that and all the users can compete for high scores etc:3:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Not hookers though, you can't compete for high scores with hookers

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:thurman:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Somewhere out the B'Tak is weighing up the options of buying another 23 accounts

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I for one would like to see a picture of Arf Jason's balls

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Asema posted:

had a conversation about star citizen today at work that was pretty depressing

i'm pretty sure i'm going to see that coworker on reddit later today wondering how to convert a non believer or how to fight derek smart lies because they got physically irritated when i brought up that it seems like a scam to me and i'll wait until there is something more than just a tech demo from a fps engine.

You should encourage him to spend more and buy even more into it all then you'll find endless amusement to make your inner child giggle for years to come

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looking forward to 2.6 here

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

This will never stop baffling me, why not play E:D instead?

*reasons*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Can you walk in a corridor and press <<USE>> and then continue in Elite? No, no you cannot :smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

moma remember when you said if 2.6 didn't release this year you'd be worried about the project

lol

I think the 12x12 has put his fears to rest as it is a lot of fun

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

merry citmas

All hail santaball

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DapperDon posted:

So....They want a safe place, but don't want it called that. And they think there will be character lockouts or prison even. What in the gently caress is wrong with these people. And they consider themselves PVE? Carebear tears indeed!

They also basically describe what happens in WoW with guards but don't let them know because they will explode in fits of impotent rage

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The faith that I have in a video game is not shaken by the video game

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
2.6 is totes coming out this year you guys

https://zippy.gfycat.com/InsecureCoolAzurewingedmagpie.webm

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 14, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

pgabz u horde or alliance and why you playing wow don't play wow (I play wow)

I play it about twice a month with a pal of mine who moved away a while ago, so we load up skype, load up wow and have a good catch up while being terrible at wow

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
2.6 won't come out this year and if it does I will eat my own arse

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

both you and moma will be correct because it won't hit the PU this year but will brokenly be released to great fanfare on the PTU

PTU doesn't count 'released' means released or I will not be eating my own arse

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will very shortly post my biggest gaming shame, brb

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

hellgate london lifetime sub

Worse I think...

Is anyone worse than me at Deus Ex? I think not

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A follow up question, how do you play Deus Ex?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If 2.6 gets a full release this year I will cut up my infinite adjust belt and post pictures of the cut up pieces.
Over to you MoMA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fooma posted:

What prevents them from just releasing 2.6 to live as is? It's pre-pre alpha anyway. SM is it's own module ready for pre alpha alpha testing which is all those testers are there to do anyway. PU not really as affected worse than it already is. It's not like it's being released to a live game with a hostile audience.

It's a good question, realistically what could they do or fix in the next few days? I dunno, you raise a good point

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I would feel too much grief. A good belt should be treated nicely.

I have faith that my belt will be with me a long time my friend

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fooma posted:

Idle for trading cards likely. Or maybe he's like me and gets stuck at character creation.

I walk in a room shoot people run out of ammo and die, this goes on for a couple of tries then I close it and try again in a month, doing the same thing :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is it literally just me left then?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ArfJason posted:

Let this be a lesson to everyone else: Doxxing is really hosed up, as is sending death threats, and these people can't help themselves, even with someone telling them its really messed up.

Wow you're really running this into the ground eh, good for you it's neat when people have hobbies

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tao of lmao posted:

Like obsessively posting about a videogame you don't like and stalking and doxxing the people involved in making the game.

That would be an example of a hobby yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well I for one still have faith in the game and enjoy it a lot

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm super hyped to the max for 2.6 I tell you what

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
SO PUMPED

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

there's still time for it to be GOTY2016

gently caress yes there is wooo hoo!!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Where is MoMMA? I want to high five a fellow citizen while I GET HYPED :toot:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When one of the highlights of your $140 million games big update is a new loading screen :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looking forward to 2.6 here gently caress yes!!