Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

It's a scam so blatant that only the kind of people who buy into white supremacist ideas are susceptible to it.

To the people ITT saying stuff like "He's not representative of the average Citizen," let me assure you that he absolutely is. He's saying the quiet parts real loud but the SC fanbase has been a hog-farm level cesspit of instant death toxicity towards trans people, women, people of color, and so on for 7 years now. It's only gotten more vehement and awful as the general tone of the culture war has changed, but it was always this bad. They may not straight up call you a "Slave-worthy" n-word but they will absolutely hang out with this guy and slap him on the back and say "Boys will be boys, did he make you salty?"

Burn it all to the ground

It's not just Store Citizen, it's PC Gamers in a nutshell. The comment section in pretty much any PC focused thing (eg. steam forums, pc gamer, r/pcgaming) is full of this poo poo unless it is very heavily moderated and the PC master racists slither off to somewhere more accepting. SC being "the ultimate pc game" just makes it a perfect magnet for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

heavily moderated against goon fudsters not against disgusting racists.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

The internet was a mistake?

it started out ok

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The concentration thing is a nice theory but go into the steam forums for any new game with a female or minority protagonist and you'll see it's sadly not true. Look at the comments on PC gamer for any of the same. They are everywhere, CIG is just taking a bunch of their money.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

matchmaking is what poo poo up multiplayer, dedicated servers were so much better.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

you have now entered the get off my lawn section of the store citizen thread.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lethality straight murdering games lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

these people spending thousands of dollars on spaceship pixels makes so much more sense now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

it's not a cult though

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After watching some streams of it RGO is firmly in the 10 bucks or less category for me. Seems like you've seen everything the game has to offer in an hour but that hour looks pretty cool.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol :rip: starbase

but you were an mmo so this was probably already coming.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

asses of creation's battle royale test* is out and it's a new level of trash. the subreddit is an exact duplicate of star citizen with the whale defense force telling everyone akshually you don't understand game development. i'm sure some of the same faces are there but my brain shuts off after reading reddit for more than 90 seconds.

*not a test, this is going to be the game because it's all they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just wanted to report that Astral Chain has working toilets with a bathroom fairy that blesses them so it's obviously the most advanced video game ever.

I'd hesitate to even call it a game at this point, it's something more

carry on.