Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Good god, Bootcha. You should have some kind of sodium warning on these videos. The backer salt will give you a heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I wouldn't be surprised if CIG went for the monthly sub market, just to make an attempt at a steady cash flow, but just to continue the tradition of infuriating cash grabs, I wouldn't be surprised if they dipped into loot boxes.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

I should not have read this at work. My friends thought I was having a seizure from trying not to laugh out loud.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Is there another SA SC podcast besides the ARGcast?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

his nibs posted:

are you some sort of content locust?

No? I was just curious if Pocket Casts was missing episodes or something. VC was talking about other podcast episodes and I was wondering if there was a side podcast I missed.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Krycek posted:

So wait, are we dead, gay and irrelevant? Or are we the ever present, master fudsters of all the internets? Because it can't be both. Goons are everywhere, yet completely irrelevant at the same time.

Really late, but does this mean we are all Schrödinger's Goons? Everywhere and nowhere at once? Evolved in response to balance against Schrödinger's Game in the form of Star Citizen.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Maybe instead of stolen valor, the CIG folks are going for stolen legitimacy? "If we hang around with real game producers, we're real game producers too by association!"

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Krycek posted:

I have avatars to give away. The first 5 people to quote this, I will buy them an avatar. The catch? I get to pick the avatar. I have a collection of avatars from a very special time in this thread's history and one could be yours. So if you've been itching to get rid of that Trump Lover AV, but are too cheap to help lowtax, here is your chance.

It'll be awesome or a reason to contribute to Lowtax's funds.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Sarsapariller posted:

Just a bunch of minor blows in the last month with no real "Victories" for the citizenry, as far as I know:

Their obvious grift performance around the back alleys of Gamescom
The loss of motion to dismiss in 5 out of 7 or something like that items in the Crytek lawsuit against them
A recent update to the schedule which pushed back all of the important stuff beyond the next big patch, yet again, and confirmed the ~10 system target that they denied so stridently last year
Another, like, dozen ship sales that just seem increasingly unnecessary and pointless
The removal of the cap on in-game currency purchases, and a flurry of negative press, and then Chris made an absolutely tone-deaf "What is Pay 2 Win anyway" rebuttal
CIG's better business rating has dropped twice in the last month due to consumer complaints and they're currently denying all refunds, going basically radio silent
A bunch of their competitors (Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, Elite) are releasing sequels/follow-ups/expansions to stuff that was supposed to be irrelevant when Star Citizen came out, according to Citizens

I was especially impressed by the PR suicide move of denying the refund to the guy with MS. That was a gutsy move into unadulterated money grubbing, there.

edit: Oh crap. I love the avatar!

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Out of all the many varieties of backers, I think I find B'Tak the most fascinating. His suggestions are ludicrous (a PVP slider?) and he clearly wants fifteen escape options if another player even looks at him funny, but he doesn't switch to single player games since they seem much more in his realm of interest.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I feel sorry for every single spouse caught in the splash damage from Crobber's financial suicide cult.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Beet Wagon posted:

Hell, same. I’ll throw a “Happy Valentines Day” on there and queue some up this evening for folks who want them.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Beet! Give Kayak some love for us!

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I'm melting down because the AC at work is more of a suggestion and I'm stuck in an area with a whole lot of open doors. Send icy rage thoughts my way, please.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Hav posted:

But his is measured in liters of sanguanate.

I would think at this point, Ortwin takes payment in the souls of interns to keep his phylactery juiced up. It'd help explain the high turnover too.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I don't know if it's full self awareness, but I think Montoya might be able to see it from here.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I'll take one too! My first probation as a send off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
I'm the evil editor who keeps leaving Sandi's scenes on the cutting room floor. Gimme a six in penance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
And he looks like even more of a washed out thumb than he did before.

(My god, that shirt looks so unflattering, its amazing.)