Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dogeh posted:

Well if you live on the Space Coast, I'm as envious as all gently caress.
When I got back a couple of weeks ago, I was on MLS looking for condos in the Canaveral down to Vero area! Become a Canadian snowbird!

Near enough, yeah. I drive over there quite a bit, its very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

So Beet. You still going to be acting thread janitor once we move? Or do I need to direct my many, many reports to the Games mods?

Yeah I'll still be around. I'm a Games mod now, so just report as normal and I'll come wildly misinterpret things and issue capricious probations that don't solve the problem

Lol I like how I can't even muster up the energy to care because obviously they were never gonna hit their dates. CIG have done such a good job at hypernormalizing this whole shitshow

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Can do. I'll try and get them done this weekend so that if the storm does end up coming my way it doesn't mess with your probes

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SoMoteItBe posted:

Will the more vociferous brain dead SC cultists see the refactoring of this thread as a victory for them over evil goon cuntiflas’s?

lol considering tojal went on a big tear a while ago about how we constantly move threads around and our forum isn't indexed so it can hide our crime-doing, probably not. They'll probably assume we're doing Extra Crime.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FYI I'm doing "going away probeartions" now, I think I've gotten everyone who asked but if you want one now's your chance (or just wait until we get to Games and I'll do it retroactively I guess, whatever)

I am absolutely far too lazy to probate the entire thread so you have to actually tell me you want one though.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jonny Shiloh posted:

As I'm new here... what is a probation and why would I want one? Is it what the cool kids get?

It's basically a timeout a moderator can put you in if you're being dumb. You can read the forums but not post. The shortest interval is six hours, and it is used for anything from very light punishment to a joke. It goes in your permanent rap sheet, and some posters like collecting novelty ones. You can check some of your fellow posters' rap sheets to see if they have any (I think I have at least a few) or you can check the Leper's Colony to see the ones I'm handing out.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hope you stay safe with that monster storm coming in btw

Thanks! We're all buttoned up, nothing to do now but drink and wait patiently for death to claim me

Jonny Shiloh posted:

OK but I still don't get it - some people are asking to be drop kicked into the oubliette voluntarily? What's the point of that?

They think it's funny to have a permanent thing on their rap sheet, that's all. You don't have to do it if you don't care.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ah, well now that nobody can post for six hours, time for a nap lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I don't... are you saying you want a probation? Last time I just assumed someone wanted one they got real real mad and never came back lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

have I told you all that you are absolute weirdos and I adore each and every one of you

good lord.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Stay safe dude :)

thank u commadno

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

rePool posted:

I wish it wouldn't selfdox, I'd ask for some pics of what you're seeing. I think we're safe where I'm at so I hope you and your family stay safe out there. She's moving slow as gently caress.

It's quiet here. We've had some rain but nothing out of the ordinary for summer. This is from someone roughly in my area earlier today

Atlas Risen posted:

Current conditions here in the Space Coast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJF1KdFvN4

I'll take some video tomorrow and do a little check in. We're supposed to start getting it around tomorrow afternoon/evening. Everything is fine here for now though, you legit wouldn't know a storm was coming if you didn't go outside and feel how weird the air feels.

e: that's all on the probes for now, I'm gonna go get drunk lol.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 3, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Praise Zhar, God of the Star Citizen thread

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God damnit ok

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I take it back I hate you all. I'm gonna probe you assholes when I wake up

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

holy gently caress that was a lot of probations. I'm not doing any more unless I legit missed you during the last five pages or whatever, so thanks for playing if you got one!

Also big thanks to everyone posting their shops and stuff, make sure to quote into the new thread when it goes up!

e: scratch that, I'm not doing any more. They're a pain in the rear end and they make the leper's colony unreadable lol

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 4, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Exinos posted:

I need a crob-bear probation to remember the thread by.

Sorry, friend. They're over for now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

skeletors_condom posted:

Beet is still working on Tier 0 implementation of thread closing.

Awesome Fidelity posted:

It is the best AAAA+ thread i have ever posted in. I've got my :10bux: worth just reading the first page. Now it is getting better daily. Recently with the introduction of bear pics we get procedurally generated crobear pics almost every day. I could watch at bear pics for hours and i would never be bored. I don't mind that we didn't have a kayak report in the last few months. I am sure there are awesome photos of kayak being finished every week. We just have to be patient. Beet Wagon said the switch to the games subforum takes only two mods and a few hours. They just have to run a text search-and-replace from scam to game. Posting only really started after Derek was banned from the thread. Hairyballs was just a gimmick mode. We have already won.

Popete posted:

When is this thread ending? We've been hearing for days now that The End 3.7 was just around the corner and yet according to Beet Wagons latest roadmap Thread Closing tier 0 went down from %69 to %12.

gently caress,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thank you for playing Star Citizen