Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

quote:

About me? posted:

After a long career in the military followed by continuing government service, I am having some free time to be a photographer. Not a professional photographer, mind you, because I cannot guarantee the consistent results demanded by the exchange of legal tender for services to be rendered.

I too, enjoy taking snaps of things with my Samsung phone (when it's not exploding) when I'm not conducting clandestine yet completely unhidden amatuer surveillance on chat forums about a crap game and threatening the posters with my government powers (that I don't have).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Credit to Rolan on fdev:

Some sort of UI based stuff
http://imgur.com/a/2wxzL (pic will mess the forum structure up so leaving it as a shortcut)

Video of the thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?=vd&v=TMbK7GaJTCo

There's a cock pit view of the inside of one of their carrot on a string ships, the letterbox window one, looks a bit crap imho.

Meh.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Yeah, I didn't want to go too far into the rabbits hole, so I just grabbed and pasted without looking into it :)

Oh, and in other news:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Wolf Larsen presents....

So now he wants to take "donations" of money so he can give a small percentage to someone (apparently random and not at all himself/pseudonym or someone he knows)?

I'm not a betting person, but I'd wager that he's about to engage in fraud. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

A follow up question, how do you play Deus Ex?

Thank gently caress for that, I thought it was just me who had this issue.

I have the 'Smart vision' augmentation but there's no sign of him in the game, there's not even any shouting. :(

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Please Cymelion, present to us one solitary feature or item that CIG has "done" to a finished state and will not "refactor" about half a dozen times before it's forgotten about.

I honestly think he is developmentally challenged.

Das Butterbrot posted:

DCS has a button that does all the startup things automatically for you if you dont want to do it manually though :)

and it is a game that actually exists, and does what it set out to do unlike the wild fever dreams of citizens

Also it works in VR and is awesome :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Fargin Icehole posted:

Has ben been let go? He looks like he's been let go. He looks like he let himself go.

He was mostly dead weight for the project anyway, and a lot of dead weight at that.

*quota now met for mandatory ben is fat joke*

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Fear not, it will be a non-playable tutorial.

With heavy use of mo-cap to capture the Drill Sergeant's complex range of movement as he stands dead still and shout "Maggots" at a line up of '_no-clip=true (_classname == "retarded whale");' avatars that are stimpiring all over the place.

It'll be a heavy :munch: night for all involved.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

They have a radar to work out if there are any obstructions with the current build?? poo poo things really are getting naval over there.

An innovative feature most other people know as a "3d map".

On the cutting edge at CIG, pushing the envelope in games development.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So anyone else JACKED TO THE MOTHERFUCKKNG TITS??

I just want to see the stupid people buy the dodgy salesmans new formula miracle cure elixr.

And then I want to roll around the floor laughing very loudly at their constant ability to be swindled so easily. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They can't even play a game live? :D

They are as hosed as their game. Loving all the fake laughter to make it seem *fun*.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Apparently, people are getting a good deal; Chris Roberts 2016

:shrug:

!Yaknow
!Yuno
!Yanaw

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Triple monitor aspect ratio?

Nice.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Feels good man.

LOL!! Nice choice of image, I think you got the point across :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Er_Dolva's meltdown/suicide note.

That's some wall of words, probably the most epic meltdown so far.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

van dull, so what

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MOMA, Lazrin, kinkynookie or whatever the gently caress you're called...

NSFW or Children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWMXgWagn6M
NSFW

Could use some snippets of the livestream edited in, I'm not good at that stuff.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

Yurop kicked Murrica's rear end.

That's something at least.

Yes but, Europe got to play the match last week without much pressure, Murrica had to play their side of the same match a few hours before the stream.

:D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

So I'm back, how is 2.6?

Well er...

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I don't know who made this, but it's awesome :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

How can 2.6 work if 2.5 is completely broken now?

This makes less than zero sense

Further how the gently caress did they break 2.5 by releasing a patch to a completely separate instance ?

There are many logical and even believable explanations to these things, I shall list them for you now:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Eve online servers are in England, not Iceland.

Also want to add that it's a great time to be alive, being able to witness firsthand the terrible promises made by Crobblers catching up with him bit by bit as the slow dawning of technical limitations finally begins to creep across his fetid smug thumblike face.

I think he knows he's playing for time now, and he knows it's about to fail, he just doesn't understand yet how big of a failure this is all going to be. I can't wait to post *smugface* on their forum the day it all happens.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 20, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

They actually recently moved the servers to Iceland. Or at least a component of the servers.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/tranquility-tech-iii-is-ready-for-you/

Edit - Sorry they moved the data center to a new spot in London. They do have servers/support stuff set up in the UK, Iceland, and in the USA.

Oh, I learned something new today :) Thanks :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Helion is coming along nicely :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tippis posted:

So, doors are controlled client-side and the animations are culled in such a way that they don't run through their movements properly, apparently…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXt2PHcOyo

That this bug could even exist is an achievement in ignorance on CIG's part.

LOL! physicalized physics immersive fidelity.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

This is amazing. Depending on how it looks once EA hits I may buy in.

Same here, it ticks all the right boxes for me with the slow scavenge, survive and build gameplay, kinda like a serious Subnautica in space. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

CIG employee actually appears on reddit to answer a bug question. Tells citizen to reboot his computer.

"Turn it off and back on again"

lols

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZKC5W4pbQ

Funniest thing I've seen so far :D The sound of flubbering body just cracks me up :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plus it's multiplayer. Depending on how the game is structured and server size (I doubt it's large but who knows) it could be fun to make GoonBase. Hours spent creating a giant goatse ring.

A massive Goatse Tortuga of a base, it's like you read my mind :) I can quite easily picture a group of us taking on such a project, hopefully the multiplayer aspect of it is well thought out.

One thing that always keeps me interested in it is the narrators complete lack of buzzwords and sales pitches, it's almost as if he actually cares more for creating a good game than the money gains he can get from backers, very refreshing. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Are they.., er.., do they.., Are they actually trying to say they want to suck Ben off?

:barf::tubular:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

They all gave Ben 10k months ago for literal jpgs he promised to upload at some point in the future.

I remember that now, he totally ripped them off didn't he :lesnick:

Ben bukkake though, :whitewater:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

But enough about Ben's arteries.

Heh, ever wonder why he wheezes so?

It's probably because of the beta blockers : http://www.cardiachealth.org/heart-disease-treatment/heart-disease-medications/blood-pressure-medications/beta-blockers

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

he is a very busy man and totally working hard on star citizen he can't just drop everything and obsess on his nerd fantasy

He did abscess on it once too.

mmm sepsis.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Someone who can post there PLEASE respond with vacation pics from Chris and Sandi

Was sorely tempted to, but the willpower needed to actually log in there and post something is still too icky for me. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tippis posted:

…unless it's a Braindead-style lawnmower.

Must also have a priest who "kicks arse for the lord" :)

*I have twisted sense of humour and found it really funny*

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Reading through that r/ds/ beer thread and this one post really stood out for me (Beer made other good ones too) because it loving blows the whole 'you just don't understand game development' bullshit out of the water with a resounding 'okay, no I don't understand it, now give me my loving game or my money back'. Well done Beer

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5jjxcg/derek_smart_on_twitter_i_heard_that/dbhfqvx/

Is starcitizens retarded or just too simple to grasp very basic things?

I'm going with "village idiot". :razz:

Edited due to naming wrong person, oops, my bad :(

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 24, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Doomed!! Its loving doomed!!

:suicide:

Can someone tell him it's being produced by EA, that might gently caress him away from it. :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 22, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

All i can see is Clifford aka Miku's empty glassy stare and creepy smile.

If you 'imagine' any lower then you'll see the bottle of baby oil being swiftly drained into his middle pocket. :magical:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

I've taxed worse. :rice:

Seriously though, glad you and family are ok. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

every time I go to a ducks game, I can't miss the huge tent city that have set up along the 57

I don't even pay for tix when I go, I buy $12 beers and too much food and I wonder what the gently caress I'm doing with all this money as there are literally people starving 500 feet away

shits hosed, and I realized I could help, even a little

but it's never enough, unfortunately

Little things here and there to help those less fortunate than the rest of us are awesome. :)

There's not many homeless people where I live, but the local people including myself try to help them out and get them back on their feet if that's appealing to them. There's one guy, really nice bloke who goes around gathering up any litter on the pavements and binning it, the other residents and I always make sure he has good, clean clothes, warm sleeping stuff for winter and plenty of food etc, people keep offering him a room to get him out of the elements but he always politely declines.

Anyone who does stuff to help out those who need it are simply very cool people, the world needs more of those. :)