Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Heh, he paid over $1000 for the priviledge of being offered the ability to pay $275 to be crammed elbow to elbow with nerds to be offered a picture of pure future technical debt for $675 in a game that isn't developed yet mostly because of technical debt and mismanagement, and that's just the most recent dumb robbery he's fallen for. :D

It will never not be funny. :D

Beet Wagon posted:

currently our agenda is anything from "Destroy the game because Chris wouldn't let us do EVE Online poo poo" to "Destabilize the playerbase so we can scam people out of their ships on the grey market to build a secret goon megafleet" depending on who you ask.

There are others, they are all equally dumb.

Oh, lmao :D So it hasn't occured to them that we take the piss and laugh at SC and it's more rabid fans because it's a massive money pit with an obviously distrustful director standing at the edge while gleefully holding people upside-down by their ankles and shaking them until the money falls out of their pockets and into said money pit, and then they thank him for it and ask to be shook some more, all while they froth at the mouth because a goon might say something bad or funny about the situation. :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Inacio posted:

i'm the lady in yellow on the right

I adjusted the image slightly for clarity. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thank you kind sir. Perfect in my vision.

edit: But now we have a conundrum.

:D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Having fun with this:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Beautiful.

Someone needs to do the scene with the bear costume guy and the tux guy in the room...

Not the best, but simple and effective :)

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just don't do crobear with the fellatio thing.

e: Eh, never mind run wild with the thing. Imagine Lesnick running through the frozen maze.

Oops :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

lol they got an angry e-mail from Chris. Spill the beans

Pretty quick response from him tbh, doesn't it usually take him >8 hours to write a letter? :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

The pcgamer article is back

Linked, looks like they've added a bit :)

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/this-new-mine-laying-star-citizen-spaceship-announced/

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol, just noticed Nicholson in the picture.

Lmao :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Casual reminder to the thread that page 6665 is not very far away now so the end is drawing near, goon-ops and REDACTED intel channels should begin prepping for You Need A Platinum Account To View This Message

Parp

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen, a non-game by a non-game developer and a non-director, has none of those above systems at all, nor does it have any systems at all. The space combat is complete dogshit, there is nothing meaningful happening nor will anything meaningful happen. This is despite being led by a self-styled space game mastermind. There is no bigger mistake made by man or god than to let Chris Roberts attempt to make a space game. If he had an ounce of brains he'd be embarrassed by the poo poo he's made. If he had an ounce of integrity he'd apologize and swear to make it right. Instead we have a morally bankrupt thumb lifting people's wallets in an upscale Denny's.

Crobbers did code in an 'afterburner' mechanic in the original wing commander to give the ships a decent top speed, it used fuel at a very high rate so spamming it emptied the tank quickly, but once all the ships fuel was used up and you were practically dead in the water, you could still spam the afterburn key and reach top speed.

The level of loving genius of that guy, it's staggering. :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Didn't have time to paste an arm in, but glitchy is what CInotG does best :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizer : The great potato famine of 2949

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I refuse to believe this is fake, and also refuse to believe that Chris has run more than 4 hours in his entire life.

He probably runs about as well as his tech demo does tbh :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A stroll down merch row?

LMAO!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Now you too can own a key fob to go with your 'push button to flip out' Peugeot key.

Erk!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Bofast posted:

I suppose they could switch engines without telling the backers until much later, just to try and escape this legal millstone around their necks.

If it actually gets to the point where an engine change is seriously being considered as a last gasp option, then I reckon they'll just do the "Crytek/Goons/DS/Blockers/Lawyers/Lack of faith ruined the whole thing so we (CInotG) are taking a break from social media/Game dev/marketing/videos/all, due to targetted harrassment, but we'll be back once the tech catches up/people stop being meanies"

They'll never go for an engine swap because they are so deep into Cryengine that changing to something different will mean all their actually skilled (or knowedgeable) devs suddenly finding themselves starting over from scratch in an unfamiliar engine with all their past work in the bin, highly demoralizing at the very least.

I'll take a sixer when appropriate please Beet to mark the end of this, the greatest god drat thread to ever have been created on this, the dumbest and gayest of all the forums in the land. :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sandweed posted:

I remember back in the day someone calculated roughly the amount CR had spent on mocaping. Something like 40 mill I think. Anyone remember?

That was around 2017 iirc, the total for mo-cap will most likely have doubled since then due to the reworks and redo's since :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Only in SC land does 2-3 months for delivery of an item get described as "pretty fast".

Citizens and their broken brains :downs:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen: Seven Years of Lube

Please make this the thread title Beet, before the great thread finalle thingy. :pray:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I said come in! posted:

This is reminding me that CIG spent like $20,000 on a door for the office that opens up sci-fi starship style.

The E.coli on their kitchen counter tops was completely free though in all fairness. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

They think it's funny to have a permanent thing on their rap sheet, that's all. You don't have to do it if you don't care.

You're doing gods work, the lepers colony looks like the 'unusual bear' section of a nature reserve. :thumbsup:

I'll take a bear related sixer if/when you get bored of dodging falling trees, glass shards, fish, reporters and other windborne items please Beet. :)

And to all Florida people, goons and others, be safe over there. :comfyoot:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Few from my stash, some of which where done by others, no idea who :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Interrupting the years of amazing content to bring you another:

Subreddit temperature check

Let's see what's hot in the sub today. Looks like... not very loving much, to be honest. The recent announcement about super good-for-Star-Citizen development schedule changes, followed by the absolute slaughterhouse that was last Friday's roadmap update, has pretty much stifled both positive and negative conversation.

Here's a discussion about another high-profile departure, this time some character artist? Fat lot of good he managed to do.

In the absence of gnashing and wailing, the people who like to roleplay that Star Citizen is an actual game have returned

I love it when Citizens try to excuse the project by holding it up against, whatever the current hot thing is. In this case, Cyberpunk. Reminder: in 2012, Witcher 2 had just been released. CD Projekt Red has released an entire other game (of the decade), plus two expansion packs, in the time Star Citizen has been in development. Definitely comparable!

That's basically it. Nothing else is generating any discussion at all- it's dead on the sub right now. Looking for it to be completely quiet until the patch is swiftly punted out the door at the end of this month with no features.

The character artist had a hand in developing the 'Ironman' helmet hud for the marvel movies afaik, so that would be quite a blow to citizens bullet point list of notable talent at CI(not G). :shrug:

I'm glad I've never bothered with making a :reddit: account, some of the people there are a bit too weird.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Unreal Cry Lumber Engine Yard.

Do we win a prize if we guess the new engine name? :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

#1 activity if the minelayer makes it in game: follow a minelayer ship and blow up the mine the moment it deploys it.

Actually the #1 activity that will happen if they actually put the minelayer in will be, watching it try to take off or fly anywhere without exploding/imploding/suddenly splitting into every renderable component instantly from the hitbox overlappy jittery "fidelity mines" janking out in the hull. Can almost bet money on the server making GBS threads its pants and 'nope'-ing into oblivion too. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

Not if they have stuff to counter your NEMO drones!

Or they could just wait for the mines to despawn (5 mins, if they dont jank out faster), or just not fly into the tiny engagement area, just go around/above/below them.

They did say they had like a sextillion cubed miles of space to fly around in, why if there was all that space would anyone worry about a specific 30 miles cubed of basically angry janky space midgets armed with tennis racquets? :shrug:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

Because that's where B'Tak is

LMAO :D

There's an unintended gameplay feature, a sphere of mines around B'tak.

The first thing that will definitely happen with them though is, they'll be dumped around every landing spot possible. :)

Maybe one of the last but the toll must be paid, Taxxe;

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Everyone posting on these last pages

https://i.imgur.com/1gEvQnd.gifv

:kimchi: