Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Why do they have such stupid names for things?

"Evocatti" really bugs me, and "Arena Commander" is dumb for the FPS module. The name of the game itself is even bland and cumbersome: "Star Citizen".

None of it rolls off the tongue and all of it is irritating.

The multiplayer world is called the "PU".

Evocatti sounds like it would be the ruling council of some vampire fanfic.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Also- didn't they say in the last around the verse that they're working on 2 NPCs... (still)

Like, how long should it take to create an NPC? If this is their speed they'll have the current map populated sometime in 2047...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

AutismVaccine posted:

Nah, you will be marked as FUDster. You even may be Derek himself!

"If your game can be destroyed by the FUD, it deserves to be destroyed by the FUD" --Some Guy

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

"Long availability so people don't have end-of-the-month problems"

Low-key admitting they know people are spending their rent money on this thing...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I liked this-

Basically the Reddit equivalent of plugging your ears and saying "lalalalala" loudly.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Looks like the 600i is going over well...

That's the most RealTalk™ I've seen on Spectrum in a long time.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Lord Stimperor posted:

How does this even happen

No mining permit...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Golli posted:

6 inches of oak is a lot of extra fuel to burn on liftoff, compared to the super-light ceramic shielding used elsewhere.

Just pretty dumb if you think about it.

The secret is Don't think about it

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Trilobite posted:

"Star Citizen really hasn't been in development that long, they needed to spend 2019 and 2020 dismantling and consolidating the company. All that's left to do is the final polishing, and then it's ready to release! Bind culling is definitely almost in the next update, too!"

"They're streamlining the offices for efficiency! I think it's wonderful CIG is being such good stewards of our pledge money!"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Blue On Blue posted:

I mean we all know by now that Chris could video himself dragging star citizen out into the street

Putting a bullet through it, taking a massive coiler right after. And then doing a burn out in his limited edition Porsche so the poop sprays everywhere

And citizens would still be like "my faith is renewed the code whisperer has done it again!!! Backing for double now !"

But at what point do they really break away and notice just how poorly things are going ?

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot Star Citizen and I wouldn't lose backers..." -Crobberts

Also

FUDwatch 2018

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

G0RF posted:

It just threw me for a loop. Because there’s an almost diabolical level of manipulation going on. One that felt conspicuously timed, as if these disparate new gameplay ideas were worked up over a few day planning session on the CIG side. One that asked “how do we emotionally manipulate people into buying into these things”, most especially real estate and the protection Chris wants to sell with it. Maybe Chris is that cunning, but it had me wondering who else was at the table hashing it out and how any of them could possibly think they were game designers...

I don't know. I guess I take a "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" attitude to it all. Feels like a bunch of people sitting around a table going "oh HEY wouldn't it be so cool if..." non-stop without much regard for how it will all work together.

However, it does feel like they're saying one thing to one part of the community "Huge tracts of land" "PvP with emergent gameplay" and another thing "bomb that land" "carebear heaven" to the other part. Which yeah, is manipulative and dishonest as hell.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Agony Aunt posted:

In 20 years: "SC in aplha is still better than staring at a potato!"

I dunno, man- I mean have you seen this?!?

Tater got back...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

big nipples big life posted:

I sold many mining permits in my day and won the miner tears prize in Hulkageddon one year. I just haven't played in a long time and figured I would bear while getting my bearings.

bearings! nice one, me :hfive:

I logged in for the first time in years, my main was still in saranen (or whatever the HQ system was during the last war) in a ship an alpha clone can't fly...
Logged in my bumper (SFI is alpha cloneable) flew to Halaima to see the ice belts- couldn't figure out how to see them...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Foo Diddley posted:

Still waiting for them to introduce the other alien race, the visigooths

Visigoonths

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Also taken from reddit:

The inevitable consequence of fidelity.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

What? I mean, ED is far from perfect, but it is a game... and what it does have (like the flight model and endless grind) is still miles better that SC's tech demo...

Thanks a fukin' lot for linking that whole mess, now I have eye cancer.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

I never knew this site existed...

I always knew I was an expert in bird law, didn't know I am a Groot...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

https://snoopsnoo.com/u/Space_Addict
Breaking news: Our Brave Alpha Star Citizen is here to save a damsel in distress from her beta husband.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homedefense/comments/8ppqsh/_/e0e2qxa/

:newlol:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Mu77ley posted:

If Frontier release space legs next year, that'll be the final nail in the coffin of Star Citizen I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idrnfZ-q4X8

Dear god the anguish from the SC community if Fdev adds spacelegs™ next year... :laffo:

[Edit- I need to learn to read dammit]

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 25, 2018

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

no_recall posted:

WE WANT PEOPLE TO GRIEF MINERS. Otherwise the miners are going to find it boring!

Mining permits are available for the low price of 10mil credits. Praise James 315!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Virtual Captain posted: