Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

I reckon they will get 7 million by the time people put down there hopium pipes.
less 2 million for venue hire and enough crobaciane to get that bear up on stage to sweat and mumble through a fictional presentation
Take another 1.5 million away for the month's legal absolution fees
drop another 600k in bribe money to pay for streamers to broadcast how amazing the event really was, despite no one going.

Perfect accounting right there.

Put me down for 2.9 million + 1 hammerhead.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

The Titanic posted:

Also expect some meaty digs at Rockstar when CR masterfully flies his chariot over a crater and nonchalantly says how both Grand Theft Auto 5 and both Red Dead Redemptions can fit inside the crater beneath him.

If you get a clean sever you can see that GTA 6 is already in the game and it is in THAT crater. However, it clips through surface after a few minutes so most haven't seen it and they haven't made a big deal of yet (CIG = modest) also I think it is not really up CIG's "high" standards the gameplay fidelity ratio is wrong. Good news is CIG have hinted when they do their next Sata balls and pipe rubbing refactor, we should get it fixed to a level where we can play a tier 0 version of it.

I'm sceptical though because CIG are big on clipping issues and the emergent gameplay that comes with them, it is pretty revolutionary thinking.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

colonelwest posted:

Did he ever have friends?

Can you imagine people defending and proselytizing like this for a normal release by a major publisher?

People like him have made the subconscious choice to defend Store Citizen to the death. No amount of objective evidence of the CIG's incompetence and greed will ever sway them. They can not accept that their dream of a second life in space in which they are wealthy and respected space tycoons was dead on arrival. It's not as much that they think that collective belief will make the game suddenly appear, its that they have to externalize, project and attack their own insecurities. When it all inevitably comes crashing down, they will go to their graves saying how Chris dared to make the dream of the perfect video game come to life, but those filthy Goons undermined him from the start; and the thousands they spent on spaceship JPEG's was worth it for all of the amazing tech that CIG left for the industry.

I kind of understand how the cult developed as result of CIG policing their forums of negative thoughts, it created the "us or them" mentality.

but I just don't understand how people get to this level, I want to believe it is just trolling but I have seen far too many posts like this to be convinced this is harmless tomfoolery.
Do these people apply the same level of zeal to all other areas of their lives? do they feel this way about other games like cricket or CSGO?

Just divorced my wife, she thinks soccer is fail - clearly a brain-dead moron, Also don't need loser friends that think there are hax on CSGO, its the cleanest e-sport of all time. If you don't completely align with my version of the truth you cannot be tolerated.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

The Titanic posted:

You're probably posted on the astroturfer warning list. :shrug:

"Butthurt snowflake"

At least when cult talks about butthurt snowflakes I can find the butt hole on the snowflake, but all this ranting about the amazing gameplay and gave development.... it is simply not supported by any evidence.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 4, 2018

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Kikas posted:

Where's the ring?

You don't understand alpha buttholes, clearly still in development.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I don't think they're defending Star Citizen anymore or even their investments into it. I think they're protecting their pathetic social club. Beggars can't be choosers and most of the remaining Star Citizen Defense Force are so unlikable that, when weighed against the effort of establishing a new hive which not only tolerates their personality flaws but revels in them, perpetually financing a stalled out sham video game looks like the smart play.

ohhhh that is a different way of thinking of it .....

don't take away my social status!!! I paid loads to get it, I fit in here and its the best dam club ever! or it will be just you wait and see !

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

"Players should no longer be able to get stuck between two benches at Port Olisar."

Clipping issues so bad you can't get stuck ! :neckbeard:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

"A decline in elevator related deaths"

so tantalising.

Can I no longer get to a lift to be killed by it?
Are clipping issues now so extreme, that falling and crushing deaths are no longer a concern?
Player count is so low it no longers kills enough of them to warrant attention?
Can't have been replaced by stairs if they are trying to bring down the lethality index.

I hope they balanced it right, not just a common sense "fix" because those long lift rides used to a life and death experience, those long debates on who should ride the lift first to see if it was safe... most exciting part of the game, next to stairwell roulette.

on a side note, it seems after 8 years of development they finally grasped the absolute basics of managing expectations. :golfclap:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

G0RF posted:

With 100 FPS FOIP tech nearing, it seems like the perfect time to reshoot Squadron.

where were they getting 100fps? in the text config file for star citizen? the main menu?

if this is true I might have to switch from bitching about any performance to VR performance ... its terrible at 100fps it is barely passable, needs 120 fps minimum !!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

AbstractNapper posted:

We're really close to every other space game already implementing Star Citizen's promises in a better way than CIG (and that's if CIG has gotten around to them and hasn't dropped some of them altogether).

At some point, the only things the broken people will have to hold over the other space games will be the weird stuff that no sane developer wants to put in their game.

"Yeah, but SC is going to have slave mechanics and I'll get a sex dungeon in my ship. It's therefore still the best."

You know they are planning sex dungeon inspectors, you have to meet certain standards or there are hefty fines.

I hope they sell inspection absolution permits at this years Citcon.

Pledge for my absolution

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

sorry guys i cant hold back.

I'm just hyped for this week, got my parpcorn ready early. no matter what happens high or low i'm sure it will be amazing,

What jaw dropping new sale are we going to be hit with? apartments? factory buildings? anti tonk guns? special hunting knifes to carve up highly coveted alien whale blubber ? Will this be the moment where people wake up to pre ordering concepts items, for conceptual game play concepts, for hypothetical locations in a game that exists only as development show is really a bridge too far? Are we finally going to see the spectacular flop CIG rightfully deserves or will the castle in the sky go even higher defying the need for common sense in its foundations for another year of disbelief?

The keynote speech, the mind simply boggles, what the hell is Chris going to present? after promising 3.0 as around the corner in 2016, yet that clearly is not going to be finished by 2019 and we have a weekly show on that, so what magic pile of coal is going drivel out that mouth to keep hype engine furnace hot enough and the whale oil refinery ticking over?

4.0 out in the next couple of months ! right after we finish 3.0 in the next couple of years?
look how much better 3.0 is !! despite still being a shell of what was promised years ago?
Here is an amazing new feature from your dreams we have been working .... wait is this why you haven't finished 3.0?

I'm just at the edge of my seat just thinking of the possibilities, but i just don''t see how it cant be really lack luster. - but I still have faith our savior will deliver

I'm slightly less excited for there is the road to release where the format is more predictable, they will show case their latest short story from there all original fictional series " The liar, the witch and mocap wardrobe" a black turtle neck, profuse sweating and some the best dam hand waving you will ever see considering the immense pressure. Still unlikely to see any sort of clear, measurable defined plan or a real road to release that doesn't require a phd in handwavium and hopium pipe to understand.

Always a chance for some of the crazy outcomes the back swan event you don''t expect, stream has no video, stream has no audio, (kind of expect those) S42 drops for a xmas release ! CR does a big apology speech talks about scaling back the dreams and keeping real.

:gary: quivering with anticipation :yarg:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Still early days... and we already have awards?

Seriously wtf.

Did they get a golden turd award?

forgetting the dog bear move of using death to promote your own agenda, how do bend your own mind getting an award when you are not even 20% done? can you now pre-order dogy awards?

I can see a big market in this, its the future.

Introducing Chrysler new Fudster GT it has been awarded safest car 2018 and best drive 2018, pre-order yours today and be the first to receive the award winning Fudster GT in Q4 2022 - term and conditions apply, no refunds.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 8, 2018

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

colonelwest posted:

I just don't think Chris will ever get his comeuppance in any spectacular/public way. When the money faucet runs dry he'll slowly wind things down and disappear into the night.

Sadly I think this is true, when the last car in the train smash finally derails there will be no who done it, it will be legit. because bosses have wages too.

colonelwest posted:

Really one of the keys to Store Citizen surviving this long is that the disgruntled backers either go away quietly or are driven off by the cultists, so there is never a coherent group with a large enough platform to hold CIG accountable for anything it does with backer money.

This is one bit of CR brillance, he has no accountability. He borrowed a staggering amount of cash with nerd swagger alone and now doesn't even have minimum oversight. Now he finally has his shot at there is no one in his way to stop him, or pull the rug out at critical points because they don't grasp the importance of the vision. On the flip side it is starting to get hysterically funny and now there is no one to share the blame with.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its always the same song and dance "performance is great!" during the closed testing and then everything goes to poo poo when the load hits but maybe THIS TIME it'll be different

and I look forward to the excuses and why it doesn't perform ... my personal favourite was

When we tested it worked fine for us, but then players always use things we don't expect, like they filled up the caterpillar with cargo boxes and that's is something we never thought of and it pretty much breaks the server.

Ship designed to carry boxes is filled with boxes, an unthinkable edge case!! how do the players come up with these crazy schemes

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Tokamak posted:

Pushing out a test patch on a late Sunday evening. Very normal.

"Players may appear to spawn in space upon respawn. W/A: Wait, the game will load you into the bed (clipping) and you can suicide to reset"

3.3 the divine patch has arrived.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi all. 3.3 OCS build is amazing so far. Over 60fps on multiple servers - max settings.

well if the rumours are true, I am shocked I tell you, just shocked! I suppose you deserve your moment in the sun to retort the tide vile goonery, it's been so long since anything positive happened for your ilk.

tell me does it really work? is it stable ? can you spend more time playing that crashing and loading yet? can you consistently do the boring but basics tasks like deliver a box yet without game breaking bugs? or is this yet another feature that breaks more things than it fixes, adding to horrid experience in new unexpected ways making this all bit meaningless for now.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Combat Theory posted:

Jesus Christ this is why Americans shouldn't dive into European history for their war boners.

Why not call of duty is the best historic war education money can buy, as such American 'historians' should command the highest respect.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

Rudel wasn't mentioned by me. Not a once.

I enjoyed both Bomber and Fighter. Two good reads. Give Goodbye Mickey Mouse a read too.

I loved reading about the race to design and build better plans, tanks, engines ect. its amazing how quickly they would crank out a new plane even more so considering how many decades it takes us now, with all our fancy computers.

I'd also recommend skunk works by ben rich if you don't mind a jolly into into the cold war era.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Amazing Zimmo posted:

What the gently caress is there to cosplay? Generic commando #1 or maybe generic commando #2, the choices are endless.

<insert bunnyman.jpg>

Certainly not a woman lol

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Solarin posted:

I am extremely excited for the evil Merlin, moma and hopefully lazrin doing a huge exuberant victory lap like when CIG did the procedural city demo. I love when that happens

it would be perfect if halfway through the lap, the game doesn't just crash it implodes to a full BSOD and then fails to boot up after.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

there's a newly revised agenda for crap con.

They had to delay the road to release already. Cig even manages to delay their announcements of delays.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Rad Russian posted:

The delays are currently in alpha so this is expected. Delays 2.0 will fix all these issues.

Thanks for letting me know this only a tier 0 implementation, as long as we can expect better delays to follow it will be ok.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9mpj0f/citizencon_2018_schedule_changes/?st=jn2mjgjb&sh=5034a1ac

When I wrote that I meant "On the day of" but I'm counting 1 to 3 hours delay for multiple streams 15 hours prior as more or less the same. Didn't they try to sell this poo poo for money and justify it by talking about how much work had gone into it? :lol:

Only cig could make progress on fail bingo before even starting.

Its like walking up to test drive a car and before you even get to open the door a wheel has fallen off and the horn is started randomly going off, mechanics running out of the garage yelling "don't worry about this perfectly normal nothing to see here".
while some shilly salesman is telling you how it's going to be the best drive ever!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Pharohman777 posted:

The fact that someone mentioned an entire office getting excited for the citizencon stream because they wanna see the trainwreck is amazing.

I thought that is a really depressing home office .

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Release the Kraken! a marketing slogan by a company that has the worst track record for releasing anything... period.

Surely they must be taking the piss now.

Put me down for $1495 on the Kraken price,

brought to you by the chaps who's biggest release was half a wet fart after a curry night hosted by IBS sufferers anonymous.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Daztek posted:

Internal Tram

:allears:

If you thought our lifts were lethal !

get ready for double trammage, silence of trams, and some serious program tramesty....

hold on tight to see if we can keep the doors open long enough for us half rear end the 8th rework from your dreams and into your hands.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

im off to bed, but when i wake i know the world will be darker grimmer place.

i feel bad that i find it so funny.

i'll try remember they were all given free will,

some people dream of tram simulators, other like to pretend they are making tram simulators and it makes the world economy turn. i should accept this as normal

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

hot balls man no homo posted:

Cringe Alert!

Bad News Baron just proposed on stage

wait there was a woman there ?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

have I missed the road to release ? or has it been delayed?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Not enough Krakens ... not inspiring at all

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

Hahaha no info on S42 till December lol

The road to release is just saying we will release some info further down the track?

Not even a loving plan, not even the loving plan that was promised last year?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

what he has pretty much come out an said there is no plan, there is no goal, the lovely half-assed roadmap in front of you is about as far we can think.

what you have is the vision ! this was the goal !

I will milk this as hard as I can for as long as I can, so long as you shower me with money. i will attempt something every quarter if....... had you not caught on this is as good as it gets already? common guys, seriously my lifes work could never be done

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Tokamak posted:

Reality is setting in at CIG, and they have begun planning everything around minimising backlash.
The only firm commitment for the roadmap is server meshing. The demo was a build that was supposed to be released today. Chris's dreams and vision were absent beyond fixing and improving the broken stuff. They unveiled a monster jpg, but didn't talk about a price or sale. SQ42 was a cinematic trailer, with details to be disclosed at a later date. The road to release was a list of old milestones. No promises of new careers, game systems, or locations. Nothing to look forward to, but also nothing that could used against CIG.

Its almost if some said, better lock the goddam scope, no refining elements from suns, no submarine gameplay, no sword fighting module, for love of chris just let us promise to fix our broken pile what evet this is for a while.

ok fine you can have a train, I suppose that's just a lift that has fallen over and lord knows our lifts fall over enough as it is.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 11, 2018

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

CitizenCon proved something beyond all shadow of a doubt. This is a game made by a person who hasn't played video games in 20 years, for people who haven't played video games in 20 years.

"Hey, remember waiting for and riding the boat in EverQuest? People loved that poo poo, right?"

a journey from the elven woods over to Freeport was a harrowing and dangerous journey, and it was kind of fun when I was 15. but I'm the person who liked having to go get your corpse because it made exploring scary and risky. also i have an attention span.

However that was 20 years ago and people were still working out what was fun in a game, and long waits turn out not to be one of them. along with standing around yelling in chat, want to group for an hour to get 20 mins of gameplay also was not popular. Maybe that's what FOIP is for making the waits fun as we shout at each about wanting to play the game?

also In the defence of ever quest these huge waits and slow gameplay where kind of excusable because the content was so hard to make back then, and pading things to all buggery kind of made sense.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

boviscopophobic posted:

Citcon revenue update and comparison to previous years.

Usually I mark the start time of the sale by looking for a very obvious upward spike in funding. For this year, there was a small spike at 16:05 UTC right at the start of the con, and a larger spike at 19:30 UTC which presumably marked something becoming available. To forestall any possible objections from Citizens I have presented revenue plots for 2018 using both start times.

It's too early to call it right now, but we might need to release the Kraken posthaste.

Can we sell enough squid rings to save star citizen?

Maybe we have finally hit peak oil, and the decline begins.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

Uh, they showed an vertical slice with gameplay last December...

and they promised to show a plan to finish last December too ...

HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A PLAN

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

having watched the stream, i'll give it to Chris he handles gently caress ups well. he talked well considering how things were going.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

SA mods unleashing goon armies
Heavy jackboots being felt on neckbeards across the internet.
Beer wagon 4's

Sounds more and more like I have become part of an evil regime by posting here... Which I'm cool with so long there is beer wagons and cat pictures.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Having watched most of the keynote presentation now.

You have to hand it to him, he's got balls He really did a good job of presenting through, that mess too

I kind of feel sorry for Chris, for the first time it looks like he has made real efforts to be more honest and open, they showed it raw did not present complete works of fiction like the sandworm pipe dream hype. And it looked amazing but broken and clunky as always.

They finally release a concept that was ready to use not just some nebulous .jpeg that might be done in the future and looks like they are getting punished on the funding tracker.

Is it just market saturation or maybe his flock really want to buy dreams.

Still the last minute pivot to more real it is too little too late.

Also when did he become a train nut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

no_recall posted:

Current CitizenCon'ed : $ 701,891.00

When is the conning period over ? is it 1 week?