Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Well I went through all my cards and decided I'm just going to sell everything. If anyone wants an instant collection, let me know in a PM! The scene is dead around here. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

LifeLynx posted:

Well I went through all my cards and decided I'm just going to sell everything. If anyone wants an instant collection, let me know in a PM! The scene is dead around here. :(

Yeah, I don’t know why FFG is so bad at community building but so good at making fun games. Extremely frustrating.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Store champs might bring things around, but I don't think it will ever hit the point that it was at during the first set. At least not around here. A new set will bring some life into it if/when it gets released.

The good news is they finally decided to start posting rules questions and answers in threads in their forums instead of emailing them, so at least we have a show of progress and maybe things can get better down the road.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

siggy2021 posted:

Store champs might bring things around, but I don't think it will ever hit the point that it was at during the first set. At least not around here. A new set will bring some life into it if/when it gets released.

The good news is they finally decided to start posting rules questions and answers in threads in their forums instead of emailing them, so at least we have a show of progress and maybe things can get better down the road.

I mean I really enjoy the game and how wide open the meta feels. It’s just astounding how bad they’ve been at keeping the community going on top of the regular “no real release date ever” stuff FFG always pulls. They could be printing money but ~~FFG~~

Hauki
May 11, 2010

tehinternet posted:

I mean I really enjoy the game and how wide open the meta feels. It’s just astounding how bad they’ve been at keeping the community going on top of the regular “no real release date ever” stuff FFG always pulls. They could be printing money but ~~FFG~~

Yeah, this pretty much, I’ve had very similar conversations with a few people locally. Our scene has all but died off since regionals, we’ll see if more than like, 8 people show up for any of the two dozen store champs in the area. Lately most of the stores around me have had 0-3 players on the designated night(s), down from a reliable ~20 c. a year ago. 20 for regular casual play on a week night for a game with huge distribution issues and no competitive support at launch looks pretty good in retrospect. Sad that it’s been squandered to this degree.

It seriously feels like they just pump & dump their own loving brands/product lines.

People are trying to offload collections left and right both locally and via eBay/Facebook groups which is absolutely tanking any remaining value, so gently caress it, I’ll just hang on to my poo poo and try to make a cube or something out of it, turn into an LCG. I dunno. I still like the game, there’s just nowhere to actually play it right now.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Hauki posted:

Yeah, this pretty much, I’ve had very similar conversations with a few people locally. Our scene has all but died off since regionals, we’ll see if more than like, 8 people show up for any of the two dozen store champs in the area. Lately most of the stores around me have had 0-3 players on the designated night(s), down from a reliable ~20 c. a year ago. 20 for regular casual play on a week night for a game with huge distribution issues and no competitive support at launch looks pretty good in retrospect. Sad that it’s been squandered to this degree.

It seriously feels like they just pump & dump their own loving brands/product lines.

People are trying to offload collections left and right both locally and via eBay/? groups which is absolutely tanking any remaining value, so gently caress it, I’ll just hang on to my poo poo and try to make a cube or something out of it, turn into an LCG. I dunno. I still like the game, there’s just nowhere to actually play it right now.

Yeah I got a complete set (with doubles) of SoR for $120. Force speed alone sells for $40+ so they must’ve really wanted to offload it.

Which confirms your point that the community is dying. Which loving sucks because the game is so loving good.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Yeah, I had considered dumping all of the first block legendaries I wasn't actively playing, but I waited to long and now it's not worth it. I'm glad I switched to Villains only a while ago and dumped most of my Hero legendaries when they were still worth something.

I wasn't planning on really sinking money into boxes of the next set, but I'm playing in NA Champs at Gen Con and I'd like to be competitive. The next set release might be too close to just grind out drafts and trade for the rest of what I want.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

More wtf spoilers: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/12/the-way-of-the-rebel/

:geno:

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
I'm really underwhelmed by the spoilers we've seen so far.

Since I don't want to keep sinking hundreds into every expansion, I try to look for cards that are potential includes to either my Boba/7th deck or my 5-die Talzin deck, and so far only Darksaber for Boba/7th and Underhanded Tactics for 5-die Talzin have my interest.

Is it just me or has there been very few villain spoilers compared to hero? I guess this is still the adjustment for how dominant villains were in the first year of the game.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Red Hood posted:

I'm really underwhelmed by the spoilers we've seen so far.

Since I don't want to keep sinking hundreds into every expansion, I try to look for cards that are potential includes to either my Boba/7th deck or my 5-die Talzin deck, and so far only Darksaber for Boba/7th and Underhanded Tactics for 5-die Talzin have my interest.

Is it just me or has there been very few villain spoilers compared to hero? I guess this is still the adjustment for how dominant villains were in the first year of the game.

Yeah, I mean Luke looks great, Ezra & his lightsaber look decent at a passing glance. Loth-wolf whatever looks pretty solid for Rey/Aayla or Luke/Rey or whatever other mono blue hero pile. The new red villain char from today looks solid in numbers etc, but I’m not sure who she’s really got to pair with currently. Like Kylo2 or Vader2 are probably just better off with each other in the current meta, you could do interesting stuff with her & Hondo but probably worse than just playing Poe or Yoda. Maybe something silly with Seventh and profitable connections.

Otherwise I honestly can’t remember what’s been spoiled before this point besides Luke 3. Still no release date either, and no idea if it’ll be legal/available for any of store champs season. If not I’ll probably just roll with stairs or boba 7 again because :effort: Maybe dust off Sabine Yoda so I can have fun at the expense of others.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

Hauki posted:

Otherwise I honestly can’t remember what’s been spoiled before this point besides Luke 3. Still no release date either, and no idea if it’ll be legal/available for any of store champs season. If not I’ll probably just roll with stairs or boba 7 again because :effort: Maybe dust off Sabine Yoda so I can have fun at the expense of others.

Store Champs are like, the "lowest" level of competition, so WotF will be legal as soon as the street date hits. More than likely this means the meta will shift mid-season. Hurray! :v:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I’m just happy my area is gonna have store championships this year. Maybe the game is bouncing back?

Makes me happy, love this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m thinking about maybe seeing what my local scene is like with this with Store Champs coming up, but my collection is old. Is a booster box of Legacies still the way to go currently to supplement? Should I just be waiting for the next set? Anything like the Rebels draft pack I should get?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

I’m thinking about maybe seeing what my local scene is like with this with Store Champs coming up, but my collection is old. Is a booster box of Legacies still the way to go currently to supplement? Should I just be waiting for the next set? Anything like the Rebels draft pack I should get?

Honestly watch EBay for people selling their collection. I’ve gotten more than a few good deals (doubles of entire set of SoR for ~$140-150- for reference Force Speed is $40-50 a pop by itself, the Emperor is $15, that’s $110 value in four cards). If you have specific cards you want, watch EBay for lot sales.

E: like with anything on EBay you have to be patient, but if you have time the deals will come.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 16, 2018

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Does anyone have good meta recommendations for deck building? Is Destiny currently a “pick a gimmick and make it work with cards that support it” game like Magic can be, or is it more just “do the best generic good poo poo like remove dice and better at than your opponent?” I’m trying to put together a decent deck for Store Champs this Saturday but have very little idea what I’m doing, and coming off of LCGs the my currently limited card pool is killing me :v:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

Does anyone have good meta recommendations for deck building? Is Destiny currently a “pick a gimmick and make it work with cards that support it” game like Magic can be, or is it more just “do the best generic good poo poo like remove dice and better at than your opponent?” I’m trying to put together a decent deck for Store Champs this Saturday but have very little idea what I’m doing, and coming off of LCGs the my currently limited card pool is killing me :v:

Right now the meta has been cheap cost cards with a focus on consistency and damage as quickly as possible (think Obi/Maz, Sabine/Ezra, poo poo like that). It’s dumb and I’ve been working on things to break it but it’s been tough. Other decks can definitely still win though. It’s not a broken meta by any means (after all, kylo2/Anakin won worlds because that dude saw a bunch of monocolored decks). I don’t have hard evidence but I’d say to expect more rainbow decks than usual.

Way of the Force launches 7/7 and will turn the meta on its head if the leaks are anything to go by. It looks super fun and good.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hero vehicles, rey/aayla, boba 7 are still pretty solid as well

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

With the rest of the set spoiled in text, so far the only cards I'm looking to add to my B7 deck are Dagger of Mortis, Darksaber and Beguile.

Kinda sad nothing else grabbed my attention, but my wallet will be happy I only need to buy a couple of Legendaries to update my deck.

I have my third Store Championship this Saturday. Missed the Top 4 by one place at the last two, so I hope to make the cut this weekend.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Red Hood posted:

With the rest of the set spoiled in text, so far the only cards I'm looking to add to my B7 deck are Dagger of Mortis, Darksaber and Beguile.

Kinda sad nothing else grabbed my attention, but my wallet will be happy I only need to buy a couple of Legendaries to update my deck.

I have my third Store Championship this Saturday. Missed the Top 4 by one place at the last two, so I hope to make the cut this weekend.

What deck you been running/ what’s the meta in your area look like?

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

tehinternet posted:

What deck you been running/ what’s the meta in your area look like?

First Store Champ Top 4 was eObi/eMaz, eRey2/eAayla, eSabine/Yoda, eKylo2/eAnakin. Top table was Obi/Maz versus Rey/Aayla.

Second Store Champ Top 4 was eSabine/eEzra, e7th Sister/Nightsister/Cienna Ree, eKylo2/eTalzin, and eAayla/eRey1/Jawa. Top table was eKylo2/eTalzin versus e7th Sister/Nightsister/Cienna Ree.

I'm playing the same deck I won a GQ with. I posted it before but here it is again.

Highlight of the second Store Champ last weekend was being able to push out 20 damage in one turn against a eYoda/Rose/Wookiee mill deck between a timely "As You Command" and double Boba specials.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I want to toy around with the new Dooku. I played a few games with him and Talzin on TTS and it seemed like it had potential. The consistency is just incredible and your opponent is forced to burn removal on Dooku's dice constantly. Then they run out and you just start beating face. With Dooku's 12 health and 2 shield side he can stay alive for a long time, especially when you toss in Witch Magick and Force Illusion.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, dooku looks interesting. So does snoke. Avg. health seems higher with this set overall, I hope that doesn’t start to just edge out older characters, but the game could certainly use a little more granularity in resource cost/damage/health so :shrug:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Anyone played much trilogies? One of our upcoming store champs is trilogies, like the day after WTF is officially legal. Seems like a suspect choice, but I'm trying to plan some sort of pile to bring. Hero Vehicles obviously just got hit pretty hard, I'm not dropping $70 on Luke alone for Luke/Rey, etc. I snagged a couple Snokes drafting last night, so I might try to work out Kylo/Snoke or Kylo/Pryce, barring that I guess I just whip out R2P2 or whatever again.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Dooku2 is pretty loving good. Like 19pt Obi Wan levels of broken good. Plenty of 12 point options to use with him too, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the new broken combo.

Hell, throw single die Snoke in with him for an easy extra two damage with Snoke’s ridiculous power action.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

tehinternet posted:

Dooku2 is pretty loving good. Like 19pt Obi Wan levels of broken good. Plenty of 12 point options to use with him too, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the new broken combo.

Hell, throw single die Snoke in with him for an easy extra two damage with Snoke’s ridiculous power action.

I feel like Ciena Ree is the move here, specifically for Electrostaff, Riot Baton, Logistics and Leadership.

I'd hear a case for Talzin, with all the consistency she gives, but, that makes a Kylo matchup feel really bad.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Cienna is a super good pick too. It sucks that the low cost villain yellows are so bad compared to heroes. Dooku would be real nasty with a Maz-like character.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m trying to make a eBo-Koran / Neutral Anakin deck work. Her being able to slash yellow villain upgrades in theory should line up perfectly with his “ditch a hero or villain card schtick....except I’m not sure there are enough worthwhile yellow villain upgrades to synergize with them :v

Hauki
May 11, 2010

tehinternet posted:

Cienna is a super good pick too. It sucks that the low cost villain yellows are so bad compared to heroes. Dooku would be real nasty with a Maz-like character.

Yeah, Cienna's what I've been eyeing for standard. Yellow-wise, there's like.. Bala, Greedo, Bib & Sebulba, none of which really fit with that plan at all. Gamorrean Guard might be interesting, but it's pretty drat hard to justify a 3 die start in this day and age. Also no resource side, which, again...

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

My buddy and I ordered a couple boxes of WotF and got lucky and got two Snokes, a dagger of Mortis, a 5th bro lightsaber, e5th bro, eDooku2... basically everything good except Luke2 and Ezra’s lightsaber.

I’m really torn on whether to go with something mega aggro like eSnoke/eKylo2 (12 damage on a god roll with power action/guessing right with Kylo) or something more complicated like a ‘Built to Last’ deck with eSnoke/eKylo1 or eAnakin2.

I also feel like with Kylo winning worlds that we’re gonna see a big turn from monocolor decks, but who knows. Snoke looks real, real good.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

gently caress this game, i'm done

fourth store champ in a row where i landed in fifth purely off extended SoS with a cut to four

today i missed out by literally like the sixth decimal place which is just loving stupid

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I meant to post about this sooner but me and a friend will be demoing Destiny in Meeple Games on North Road in Durham (the UK one) this saturday between 12 and 4. If any of you are local, feel free to turn up and tell us we're doing it wrong. :v:

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Anyone here play in Austin?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I don’t personally, but know of several friends who do or have. There’s a lot of great game stores in Austin.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I received a Krennic card as a birthday gift, can anyone recommend a decent deck for him? I have a death trooper that I might pair him up with just to be thematic but I'm open to other suggestions.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I know you don't want to hear this, but the place for Krennic is the dumpster.

For a serious answer, I see a lot of pairings with him and Greedo. I doubt it's good, but it might be the best it gets.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

siggy2021 posted:

I know you don't want to hear this, but the place for Krennic is the dumpster.

For a serious answer, I see a lot of pairings with him and Greedo. I doubt it's good, but it might be the best it gets.
Haha, fair enough. :v:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

Haha, fair enough. :v:

Yeah, his cost is ridiculous considering a card like seventh sister gets an additional die with no conditions for way less points.

I wanted to use him too but yeah.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I have a bunch of cards from the first two sets (Awakening and Spirit of Rebellion?), and me and a friend are getting back into the game to join an upcoming regional. How’s the power level these days? Any particular meta-stuff need to builld for? And I assume the latest set is the strongest one?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Some guys ran a demo night at my LGS the other night, and got a fair amount of people! In total maybe twelve players? I was disappointed to learn that all of my Awakening and Spirit of Rebellion cards are rotating out of Standard next month, but at least I can salvage some value out of the cards on eBay. They let me play a few decks, but I had the most fun with a Jar-Jar deck that focused on indirect damage. Forcing the opponent to choose where my damage goes was a lot of fun, as was activating Jar-Jar when they had some scary damage output on their dice.

Some of my cards are still useful, mostly a few spot removal commons/uncommons, Crime Lord, Lightsaber, etc., so this seems like a good time to get back into it if I can do it for cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

The game seems to be having a small resurgence in our community as well. Seems there is some hype brewing with the impending release of Convergence. Team Covenant have been putting out tons of videos showing of some of the new cards in play. Many of us are excited about the game having its first ever rotation. In general, people seem to think that the second cycle being much better designed than the first one. So now we will get rid of the underpowered characters and broken event cards from the first sets, and have a game that's better than ever, mechanically speaking. Seems to be a great point to jump [back] in.