Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
4 Legendarys out of 15 packs is good, they are usually 1 per 6 packs. Your commons/uncommons/rares are more important, but of what I see you have, unless you are partial to Poe i'd try and trade him for a Jabba. Then you at least have an elite version of a Legendary character, another on-color playable Legendary and then the falcon is already in Rogue colors, so if you ever want to play Rogue Hero, your Rogue neutral cards will easily swap into that deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
I guess since everyone else is posting their have/want lists, I might as well put mine up too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AfgMYGSqmBSdbKgczZxffXijkpH8GhitRtK3wZQwB6o/edit?usp=sharing

Anything I have more than two of is up for trade (especially Poe, I gots four of him). Obviously I'm looking to get myself up to 2 on everything.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Here is a tournament report that I enjoyed reading about. Gives you an idea of what decks are doing well. It looks like the guy won with a Padme mill deck.

http://swdestiny.com/face-2-face-games-toronto-box-tourney-report/

I didn't realize eLuke/Ackbar was a thing so i'm gonna look into that. There are so many decks I want to play.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

My local game store has a tournament report for a 16 person tournament I attended recently. Thought you guys might like to check it out, includes top 4 decklists.

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/star-wars-destiny-tournament-meta-and-top-4-lists

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

frameset posted:

My local game store has a tournament report for a 16 person tournament I attended recently. Thought you guys might like to check it out, includes top 4 decklists.

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/star-wars-destiny-tournament-meta-and-top-4-lists

Wildly different meta than another tournament I saw (can't pull up the tournament report right now, but it was at Face to Face Games in Toronto) which had a lot of Han in the top seats. I can't wait to run tournaments for this game!

My LGS got in three of each starter and a booster box last night and sold out pretty quickly. I showed someone the game and after one turn he jumped up and bought a bunch of boosters. A couple of confused YuGiOh kids bought some boosters also, which shows why this game is going to take off (as soon as stores can get a reliable flow of product): People love the gambling aspect of opening packs. I had two people tell me they didn't want to play Game of Thrones because they don't get the rush of opening packs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

stoko posted:

I guess since everyone else is posting their have/want lists, I might as well put mine up too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AfgMYGSqmBSdbKgczZxffXijkpH8GhitRtK3wZQwB6o/edit?usp=sharing

Anything I have more than two of is up for trade (especially Poe, I gots four of him). Obviously I'm looking to get myself up to 2 on everything.

I could use any or all of the following uncommons to fill out my gaps, not sure what you'd want for them though:

2 Willpower
1 Force Strike
1 Underworld Connections
1 Resistance HQ
1 Mind Trick
1 It Binds All Things

Got some rares of yours I could use too:
Sith Holocron
Jango Fett
Tusken Raider (2)
Ackbar (2)
Scout
Survival Gear
Jedi Robes
Outpost
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Force Training
Black Market

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing
Is me.

I could even use the Poe and the Launch bay, but I'm hesitant to start trading away legendaries this early. Still, let me know if you see something.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 24, 2016

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I watched the video with the tournament winner (they call him the winner, but the tournament results show otherwise) where he talks about the winning deck (Younglings) and it was great for me, as its my main deck. We have really different card evaluations, but some of what he talks about is helpful. I'm a big fan of The Power of the Force and he doesn't run it, which is weird when you are running a heavy upgrade, three character deck. He's a big fan of Riposte, which I am as well. He convinced me on Rey's Staff, which is usually the card people groan when they open. Turns out, it's actually pretty decent and I didn't realize.

He runs a lot of the cards that remove damage dice, like Flank and Dodge, which i'm not a big fan of. Still, he is posting results so there has to be something there.

After watching this video and see what they do, i'm changing my deck to

Padawan/Padawan/eRey
Mos Eisley Spaceport

Lightsaber x2
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber x2
One with the Force x2
Force Throw x2
Force Training x2
Force Protection x2
Mind Probe
Rey's Staff x2

The Power of the Force x2
It Binds All Things x2
Force Misdirection x2
Riposte x2
Deflect x2
Flank x2
Anticipate
Close Quarters Assault
All In

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I watched the video with the tournament winner (they call him the winner, but the tournament results show otherwise)

They played off the top 4 as semi-finals, then finals.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

frameset posted:

They played off the top 4 as semi-finals, then finals.

That makes sense, i just went off the posted standings.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

I could use any or all of the following uncommons to fill out my gaps, not sure what you'd want for them though:

2 Willpower
1 Force Strike
1 Underworld Connections
1 Resistance HQ
1 Mind Trick
1 It Binds All Things

Got some rares of yours I could use too:
Sith Holocron
Jango Fett
Tusken Raider (2)
Ackbar (2)
Scout
Survival Gear
Jedi Robes
Outpost
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Force Training
Black Market

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing
Is me.

I could even use the Poe and the Launch bay, but I'm hesitant to start trading away legendaries this early. Still, let me know if you see something.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing a lot of stuff I need in your list. I could do with these ones:

1x Leia
1x Amidala
1x DH-17 blaster
1x Anticipate
1x Supporting Fire

I know most people like to figure out trades based on value, but I like the idea of 3 common = 1 uncommon, 3 uncommon = 1 rare, 3 rare = 1 legendary, and straight across like for like (e.g. rare for rare). I feel like so many people stress so much about getting their dollars worth on a game that they lose perspective that it is still a game and should be simply for your enjoyment*

Let me know what you want from my 3x+ stock and I'm generally OK with it as long as it's like for like as described above.

* I've been drinking and watching Christmas movies all day, so I've got the whole Christmas spirit thing going on.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

stoko posted:

Unfortunately I'm not seeing a lot of stuff I need in your list. I could do with these ones:

1x Leia
1x Amidala
1x DH-17 blaster
1x Anticipate
1x Supporting Fire

I know most people like to figure out trades based on value, but I like the idea of 3 common = 1 uncommon, 3 uncommon = 1 rare, 3 rare = 1 legendary, and straight across like for like (e.g. rare for rare). I feel like so many people stress so much about getting their dollars worth on a game that they lose perspective that it is still a game and should be simply for your enjoyment*

Let me know what you want from my 3x+ stock and I'm generally OK with it as long as it's like for like as described above.

* I've been drinking and watching Christmas movies all day, so I've got the whole Christmas spirit thing going on.

Yea I understand not wanting to take the financial side of it too seriously, but you kind of should. Darth Vader or Han Solo can basically get you 2 of other legendarys, 3 of some and at least 4 of one of them. And trading a Commanding Presence for 3 Sith Holocrons isn't fair either. You kind of just have to do it. With commons/uncommons and most rares, its not really a big deal. But its different for super playable rares and legendarys.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Yea I understand not wanting to take the financial side of it too seriously, but you kind of should. Darth Vader or Han Solo can basically get you 2 of other legendarys, 3 of some and at least 4 of one of them. And trading a Commanding Presence for 3 Sith Holocrons isn't fair either. You kind of just have to do it. With commons/uncommons and most rares, its not really a big deal. But its different for super playable rares and legendarys.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone else for doing it that way. From a personal standpoint though, I like to be able to "spread the joy" of playing a good game to other people too. Ultimately, I'm not going to use most anything I have more than two of (except non-unique chars), and would probably just end up giving them away to friends and family because it makes me feel good. Trading for something useful to me is marginally more practical, and while I know I could definitely get a better deal elsewhere, it just isn't worth it from my perspective.

EDIT: also I'm lazy about it and don't want to have to make the effort :P

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I fully respect that and encourage you to give them to friends and family. But if you do so, don't be upset if some people end up selling off what you gave them. And be careful for people you don't know who are trying to rip you off. I've played these types of games for 20+ years now and know they are out there and are even in this thread. Human nature can be a bitch sometimes and I find it easier to just be cynical and careful.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I fully respect that and encourage you to give them to friends and family. But if you do so, don't be upset if some people end up selling off what you gave them. And be careful for people you don't know who are trying to rip you off. I've played these types of games for 20+ years now and know they are out there and are even in this thread. Human nature can be a bitch sometimes and I find it easier to just be cynical and careful.

Yeah, I know what you mean, and obviously there are always exceptions to the rule. Really though, the cards I don't have are pretty much always worth more to me than the ones I have too many of. For instance, I know it's a bad deal on my side, but I would trade a Poe for two Dookus, since I have four Poes and zero Dookus. Looking at the prices on MM or Ebay, I'm totally getting the short end of that stick, but that's OK with me since I'm getting rid of something I don't need for something I do.

When I finally get my 2x of everything, I'm sure I'll start coming at trades from a financial standpoint, but until then.......

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Got 15 boosters as a Xmas present. 4 bloody Gaffi Sticks!

Also got the Millennium Falcon, thermal detonator and Kylo Ren light sabre.

Any one in uk want a Gaffi stick. Will literally swap for pretty much any other dice!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

stoko posted:

1x Leia
1x Amidala
1x DH-17 blaster
1x Anticipate
1x Supporting Fire

I mean, if you're down for straight across trading, then you're asking me for 3 Rares and 2 Uncommons, and I'd trade for say:
Sith Holocron
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Jango Fett
2 Willpower

It's a bit biased on my side though, so let me know. Not by much, though, fortunatley IQA-11 isn't a super big ticket rare. Just works well in my trooper deck.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 26, 2016

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I want to build a hero deck, but the villain cards are so much fun! Especially in blue.

I have one complaint about the game, and it's not about the mechanics: There should have been a slightly different card frame for hero cards vs. villains. The only way to tell the difference is a small rectangle on the bottom of the cards. To make things worse, many of the villain cards feature heroes on the art and vice-versa. It's led to a lot of people putting the wrong faction into their deck. The old Decipher Star Wars TCG did it well by making the Imperial cards look sleek and manufactured and the Rebel cards look weathered and patched together like you'd expect Rebel technology to look like.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I could agree with that. I didn't even know there were sides in the game until another poster told me. It might be in this thread, super early on, or the general FFG games thread. I just didn't know and must have skipped over that rule in the rulebook. A different frame would help.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Any reason why I wouldn't want to trade/give away my excess battlefields? I have multiples of a bunch and it seems like I'll only ever need one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Multiple decks? Other than that, no.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Cool, figured. I've got friends I'd rather give these to than to just hold onto for convenience since everyone is itching to get more cards.

For that SWdestiny db site does anyone know how to show only the cards I don't have or something? You can show only owned cards but I want to see what I'm missing.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Filter, c:0

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

I mean, if you're down for straight across trading, then you're asking me for 3 Rares and 2 Uncommons, and I'd trade for say:
Sith Holocron
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Jango Fett
2 Willpower

It's a bit biased on my side though, so let me know. Not by much, though, fortunatley IQA-11 isn't a super big ticket rare. Just works well in my trooper deck.

I got a few more packs for X-mas and got another Leia, so that's off my want list now. How about removing Leia, and you get either the Holocron or Jango? I suspect you'll want the holocron, what with it being a fantastic card, though Jango might be more useful if you're not running a force deck.

Let me know and we can figure out the details through PM (if you have plat)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

stoko posted:

I got a few more packs for X-mas and got another Leia, so that's off my want list now. How about removing Leia, and you get either the Holocron or Jango? I suspect you'll want the holocron, what with it being a fantastic card, though Jango might be more useful if you're not running a force deck.

Let me know and we can figure out the details through PM (if you have plat)

I was really hoping to get ahold of both (working two different deck concepts), is there another rare from my list you'd like?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I really want to make a Leia Organa deck now. Has anyone tried her out? I think she'd want two dice for maximum reroll potential, which only leaves you with 14 points. If only Rebel Troopers were 7 a pop.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

I really want to make a Leia Organa deck now. Has anyone tried her out? I think she'd want two dice for maximum reroll potential, which only leaves you with 14 points. If only Rebel Troopers were 7 a pop.

I have one I'll trade you! :D

She looks good on paper. I'd run her with upgrade-heavy Finn or eAckbar.

Maybe ePadme to be really annoying.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

BJPaskoff posted:

Yeah, I haven't been able to get my hands on any copies with the few boosters I've been able to buy, so I pulled the trigger on her and a handful of other characters on Miniature Market, as well as all the rest of the C/UC stuff I don't have yet. Absolutely going to build a deck for her.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm trying to build a deck that utilizes Poe Damerons ability to do broken poo poo and i'm looking for more ideas. I got excited earlier when I thought I could roll with Finn and run Crime Lord in my deck, but no go since his ability only applies to weapons and vehicles. Right now the best thing is Thermal Detonator which is a straight 3 damage from the hand to every opposing character. Obviously gonna roll with Launch Bay and Black One. I could still run with Finn which gives me access to AT-ST.

Can you guys think of anything else stupid I could resolve right from my hand in a Poe Dameron deck? Or cards that let me return cards from the discard pile to my hand.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I'm trying to build a deck that utilizes Poe Damerons ability to do broken poo poo and i'm looking for more ideas. I got excited earlier when I thought I could roll with Finn and run Crime Lord in my deck, but no go since his ability only applies to weapons and vehicles. Right now the best thing is Thermal Detonator which is a straight 3 damage from the hand to every opposing character. Obviously gonna roll with Launch Bay and Black One. I could still run with Finn which gives me access to AT-ST.

Can you guys think of anything else stupid I could resolve right from my hand in a Poe Dameron deck? Or cards that let me return cards from the discard pile to my hand.

He turns First Order TIE into a better copy of Intimidate.
Or AT-ST
Falcon shenanigans?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I think you kind of need Finn to buddy up with Poe right now, because the Villain Vehicles are so good. First Order Tie and AT-ST are both non-unique and great anti-shield and anti-support tech.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea that's kind of what I was thinking, just looking for things I hadn't thought of. But yea, you start having some really powerful options when you have Finn. Not only is he yellow, but you get the Red Villain vehicles. My only concern is that I can't run ePoe, since Finn is 13 at his lowest. Ideally you'd run Poe with 2 dice to increase your odds of getting a special. I don't want to flood the deck with cards that I basically only use with his ability since the odds of hitting it aren't great. There are plenty of ways of rerolling dice, but its still not a guarantee and two dice helps the odds. Other stuff I thought of was Ackbar, since his ability with the Launch Bay discard option can be kind of nasty.

Edit: Might as well repost my trade wants/haves since i'm kind of on the topic

Have:
Darth Vader x2
Luke Skywalker x2
One With the Force x2
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Immobilize
Force Protection
First Order Tie Fighter
Promotion x2
Jedi Robes
DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Cunning x2
Black Market
Infiltrate
Count Dooku
Leia Organa x2
Rebel Trooper x2

and the things I want:

Han Solo
AT-ST x2
Force Choke x2
Millennium Falcon
Captain Phasma
Qui-Gon Jinn
Scout
Survival Gear

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 28, 2016

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

I was really hoping to get ahold of both (working two different deck concepts), is there another rare from my list you'd like?

I could do it if you can give up a copy of Jetpack, Dooku, or Rebel Trooper, but unfortunately I'm not seeing anything more in your 3+ list that would be of any use to me.

In other news, I finally got to play a few rounds of the game yesterday. I used a spectacularly bad hero deck that I threw together against a pretty decent blue villain deck I actually spent some time on. My hero side got decimated.

stoko fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 28, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I'm planning to use Dooku, but not Trooper, so that works.

So to clarify it'd be your:
Sith Holocron
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Jango Fett
2 Willpower

for my:
1x Rebel Trooper
1x Amidala
1x DH-17 blaster
1x Anticipate
1x Supporting Fire

?

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

That works for me.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

stoko posted:

That works for me.

Okay, I'll PM you my address and they'll go out ASAP.

Padded envelope and a ziploc with the dice is probably best to ship these?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 28, 2016

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there any word on when the booster boxes will be in stock online? I've been sitting here with just starters waiting to flesh out my collection :sigh:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
January but they'll sell out instantly everywhere :downs:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'd recommend preordering if you want to make sure you get one. It's looking like January 12th might be the restock date. If not that week then the week after. The game is incredibly popular and because of that, more and more people want to play it and because of that, more and more stores want to get into the singles game. Vicious cycle. It's a good sign for the long-term health of the game, but it does suck for the product launch.

I wouldn't expect product to be regularly available, as in walk into a store any day of the week and expect to see stuff, until late February.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I might buy two boxes and sell packs to people at cost, just to get people into the game.

Meanwhile, singles are pretty cheap outside of the legendary cards, which are super inflated right now. There's plenty of amazing decks that don't use any legendaries, but it's harder to recommend someone go online and spend $50 on singles than $50 on blind packs in the store they're currently in.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Cardhaus has been getting sporadic bits of product in. (There were some boxes up a couple days ago.) So they might be someone to keep an eye on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finally got a box. Got Crime lord, Han, Force choke, Luke, Phasma and AT-ST

Opened up General Veers but got a die for another card instead of his :confused: Does that happen often? kinda sucks. Maybe ill see if they'll send me the right die.