Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
Finally got a chance to play this yesterday at game night. I really, really like it. The game play loop is really satisfying and it's highly interactive in a non-interactive way I guess? I didn't encounter any huge blowouts and the game is really all about those incremental advantages instead of getting hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY

bowmore posted:

One single print run of expansions sounds insane

Because it is. I've been trying to buy product for this game since it came out and have only managed to get the starter sets.

If the availability of the future print runs is anything like it's been, I don't see this game thriving at all. Secondary prices will sky rocket and lock new people (IE kids) out of getting into the game. The base set reprint every year is great and all, but that's once a year and what if you can't get any product from the newly-only-one-print-run expansions?

Nothing about this sounds good for growing the game other than secondary market prices which FFG doesn't make money on...